PDA

View Full Version : Controlling undead

Scottlang
2018-12-26, 10:23 AM
I'm putting together a new game, and it is going to have an undead theme to it.

Now I have a player who is playing an Obitu Orical (obitu is a 3rd party race) and they want to know: if they bring a slashing and a bludgeoning weapon around with him at all times, and dominate > give weapon > give the suicide would it break the command undead feat/spell??

No I know it works differently on intelligent undead, but I'm wanting to let the players try a few new different things. And I would like to get some advice.
Thanks

Kayblis
2018-12-26, 11:34 AM
If i read it correctly, your player wants to command an enemy undead, give it a weapon and send it to fight? That's 100% allowed by Command Undead, and unintelligent undead can't refuse to do suicidal orders. A quick reminder, "Fighting" is not a suicidal order. "Jumping off a cliff into the sea" is a suicidal order. So you could do it even with intelligend undead if they fail their save.

Edit: If by "giving the suicide" you mean commiting suicide, yeah, unintelligent undead can't refuse to kill themselves. It's just a less efficient way of doing things.

Zanos
2018-12-26, 12:54 PM
Non-intelligent undead will obey suicidial orders, although that seems like a waste of resources.

Scottlang
2018-12-26, 12:57 PM
Thank you, and if the command of kill yourself cause the spell to break afterwards??

Kayblis
2018-12-26, 01:33 PM
Thank you, and if the command of kill yourself cause the spell to break afterwards??

"Afterwards"? As in, when the undead is already destroyed? There's nothing left to affect then. If the undead fails to end himself, he's still under the effect of Control Undead. He'll keep trying until he succeeds.
If you're trying to dominate a living being or control an intelligent undead, they won't commit suicide. The spell doesn't end, but they don't follow your order. You can give him another order next turn.