PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help Building Kenku warlock

KyleG
2018-12-27, 05:27 AM
Can anyone suggest a background/backstory/personality etc for my Kenku which was inspired originally by this https://www.deviantart.com/forrestimel/art/Owl-520989450

I haven't decided between blade and chain, pretty sure he isnt tomb but i just cant figure out how he got to this point (as an adventurer). I chose fey because i felt the nature fit him better. Bit sneaky, quirky, would undertake a random task for his patron and not really second guess it. Definitely chaotic in nature. I loved the Fey Presence racial ability. It feels like this character would either warm people (charm) or make them nervous (frighten) especially with the art above giving a cute but dangerous vibe (to me at least)

The below fits the character (includes +2 dex, +1 wis) but im not committed to this if a strength build (owl kenku so maybe) would fit better.
8/16/13/12/13/14
8/16/13/11/14/14
8/17/13/10/13/14

I almost want the patron to be kinda like the labyrinths Jareth doing stuff because he can or its whimsical but can turn on a knifes edge to be almost cruel even if they themselves dont see it as cruel. Maybe i have to mark children i meet or something and something will happen to them...i dont know what it is, i cant even determine it with my lack of creativity but something does happen to them and one day perhaps i will discover that.

In the meantime...how did i get here and where will i be at level 3?