PDA

View Full Version : Wait a second...

Sornas
2007-09-23, 01:20 AM
Alright, bear with my possible huge oversight here, but I just want to confirm something.

The max skill ranks (for a class skill) a character can have is 3+character level, correct?

If this is the case, why, in the Fatespinner description in CA, does their example for spin use a 5th level wizard/3rd level Fatespinner? Have I missed some amazing way to get 10 ranks in knowledge: Arcana by level 5?

This is probably really old news or a major oversight on my part, but it's gonna bug me all day if I don't ask. >.<

Jasdoif
2007-09-23, 01:40 AM
Most likely the skill rank requirement was eight ranks at the time that part of the description was written, and it got overlooked for updating when the requirement was updated.

Or if it helps you sleep better at night, suppose the example character had two non-caster class levels (or maybe racial hit dice) on top of its 5 wizard levels and 3 fatespinner levels.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-23, 01:45 AM
Congratulations, you've found Wizards of the Coast Editing Foulup #437581.

Honestly, they don't even try to make example statblocks correct.

ocato
2007-09-23, 01:48 AM
Probably because people don't really read that garbage, at least I don't. Here's Jimmy the Half-orc Cleric, oh neat, he has a great club and his first level feat is dodge, whatev. Now to make a good character.

Sornas
2007-09-23, 02:11 AM
Alright, I'm just glad I didn't totally space on something. ^^ Thanks!