PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Looking for: inheritance/birthright tables/rulesets

NRSASD
2018-12-27, 08:24 AM
Hello Playground!

I'm getting my hands on a copy of the Lord of the Rings 5E player's handbook and loremaster's guide, thanks to the holidays, and so I've been brainstorming about a new campaign set in Middle Earth. Since we don't want to just tread in the fellowship's footsteps, at least a quarter of LOTR's fun is in genealogical trees and lineage tracking, and I've been playing a ton of Betrayal Legacy recently, I've settled on playing a heroic bloodline of PCs rather than just a character. Each character has 2-4 adventures (or dies) and the next one in line pops up, a little smarter and stronger than before thanks to the actions of their predecessors.

So I'm looking for a set of rules (system doesn't matter, I can convert them) that plays with this concept of making your next character stronger based on the actions of their forebears. Additionally (alternatively), the 1st edition source book Oriental Adventures had a glorious table for determining what your character inherited to start the game. A giant inheritance table like that would also be greatly appreciated.

Xanathar's Guide to Everything has one such table, but it's a little too sparse for my tastes. The Birthright campaign setting ironically doesn't seem to have any rules about inheritance of mortal lineages, which was quite surprising to me given the campaign setting's name.

I'd appreciate free stuff, but if the material looks valuable I'd happily buy it.

As always, thanks for any and all help!