PDA

View Full Version : Gaining class skills

Buufreak
2018-12-28, 10:51 AM
I'm working on qualifying for the ridiculous of all ridiculous classes, the Foluchan Lyrist, in the minimalist way possible. The biggest hurdle so far is the long long list of class skills, and I'm trying to get in without dipping rogue. Any way I can get some of those skills on my class list? I'm open to feats mostly, but other suggestions are great too!

Bullet06320
2018-12-28, 12:46 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?491181-Alternative-ways-to-get-new-Class-skills

here's a little light reading for you

Kalkra
2018-12-28, 01:46 PM
Generic Spellcaster is good for stuff like that. It also can get you evasion.

Petrukio
2018-12-29, 06:44 PM
Hm. Well, the easiest way I can think of is simply to take a level of Expert. Select 10 skills to be class skills.

ExLibrisMortis
2018-12-29, 07:40 PM
Bard 1 gives you 4 ranks in each of the six skills you need (24 out of 48 ranks needed), and druid 9 gives you 36 skill points, good for 3 ranks in Diplomacy/Knowledge (nature) in-class, and 15 ranks in other skills cross-class, for a total of 45/48 ranks needed. That means you really only need one extra class skill (preferably Perform), one extra level in bard (at level 4), or a positive Intelligence modifier. Of course, since you'd like to get some Concentration as well (and maybe Spellcraft, or Tumble, or whatever), having more class skills is better. Or you could cut the crap and go human with Able Learner.

Bard 1/druid 4/green whisperer 5 doesn't have an easier time qualifying, sadly. Green Whisperer has Perform as a class skill, but not Diplomacy, and it requires 5 ranks Survival. You'd start with 4 ranks in each of the FL skills, and then your 16 druid skill points aren't enough to get 4 ranks Perform, 4 ranks Knowledge (nature), and 5 ranks Survival.

Greensinger Initiate adds Perform to your druid class skills.
Martial Study (White Raven) adds Diplomacy to your class skills.

inuyasha
2018-12-29, 10:19 PM
Generic Spellcaster is good for stuff like that. It also can get you evasion.

That's a very specific variant rule, and if you're using the Generic Classes it's kinda assumed that you're using all three of them, and very little else.

Troacctid
2018-12-30, 01:48 PM
All the required skills are already bard skills, no? Just take Able Learner so they won't be cross-class for your druid levels, and you should be set.

Hm. Well, the easiest way I can think of is simply to take a level of Expert. Select 10 skills to be class skills.
That's literally strictly worse than bard in like, a million ways.