PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Hilarious gish kobold builds

Selion
2018-12-28, 10:53 AM
I do love kobolds, i love the way they try hard being serious about their society, i love their crush into dragons, I love the way all of that sounds ridiculous to anyone but kobolds.
I'm thinking about the usual dragon disciple kobold, but instead of being just a sorcerer with claws, i want a melee fighter who search desperately to resemble a ferocious dragon in the battlefild.

We got two options: bloodrager into dragon disciple and eldritch scion magus into dragon disciple
(TBH there is a third option available only for kobolds, which is oracle into dragon disciple, but i don't know oracles that well)
--------------
Bloodrager into dragon disciple

Stats: 20 points build

Str 10
dex 16
con 12
int 10
wis 10
cha 14

Stats are as awful as you would expect for a kobold.
I probably should dump dexterity, but on a point buy perspective it's better raise CA than trying raising str, which with a -4 racial wouldn't go higher than 12 anyway.
Let's go straight at level 12. I'll use Automatic Bonus Progression for the sake of simplicity

Bloodrager 5, dragon disciple 7 (BR: stats during bloodrage)
str 16 (20) BR: 24 (+4 dragon disciple, +2 for level progression, +4 for enchantment bonus, +4 bloodraging)
dex 16
con 14 BR:18
int 10
wis 10
cha 14 (18)

Bloodraging stats
PF: 5d10 + 7d12 + 72 (average 149, maxed at first level and with favored class bonus)
BAB +10
init +7
CA: 29 (10+8 armor (breast plate +2) + 3 dex + 1 size + 2 deflection + 7 natural armor -2 bloodrage ) = 29
Attacks: bite +16 (1d4 +22 + 1d6), 2 claws +16 (1d6 +16 + 1d6 ), tail slap +11 ( 1d4 + 9) (with arcane strike and power attack)
movement: Fly 60 feets (average)
saves : fort +15 reflex +9 will +12

bloodline Feats: toughness, power attack.
Feats: Extra rage, improved initiative, tail terror, arcane strike, blooded arcane strike, iron will, eschew materials
Improved Uncanny Dodge, Blood sanctuary, blood casting.
Spellcasting (3 3 2)

Despite his awful base stats, this little fellow seems pretty scary, especially if he has time to buff himself with a spell.
The only downside is that most of his powers come bloodraging, because bloodrager bloodlines have effect only bloodraging. With extra rage, however, he can bloodrage for 20 rounds/day.
(it's pointless to say that the same build would be better on any other race)

----------------------
Magus into dragon disciple

I have not time right now to build a magus, but there are some issues with the build:
Eldritch scion bloodline powers can be used only expending arcana points (2 rounds per arcana point), which is even worst than bloodrager, because at level 5 you only have 2+cha modifier arcana points, which can be increased further wasting a feat (2 points/feat), so that you should have 8-9 arcana points in total, which you have to spend keeping your bloodline powers as well as enchanting your claws, making you starving for arcana points pretty quickly.
On a good side, you can use your bite attack with spell combat, leaving a claw for somatic components and a claw free to take a shield or a metamagic rod (if i understand properly the way spell combat works with natural attacks)
Once you begin casting dragon form, using spell-combat and spellstrike in dragon form could be awesome, but it's something any magus could achieve in more efficient ways.
----------------------
Oracle into dragon disciple
Last but not least we have the divine disciple, only available to kobolds with this racial feat:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/scaled-disciple
By the way i don't know how it works with dragon disciple, draconic mystery wouldn't stack with draconic bloodline, bringing a lot of rule oddities.