PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Cowardice Domain

Auroch
2018-12-29, 11:02 PM
Some clerics are mighty warriors, fighting their god's foes wherever they find them and earning glory and fame. You are not one of those. You serve a god of fearfulness and skulking, and you embrace those aspects. You are, in short, a coward.

Cowardice Domain

Granted Power: A cleric of Cowardice gains Improved Initiative as a bonus feat. Additionally, while taking the Withdraw action, your speed is increased by 10ft, and both your starting square and the first square you move into are considered unthreatened by any enemy you can see.

Spells:

Expeditious Retreat
Rope Trick
Nondetection(self only)
Dimension Door
Spell Resistance(self only)
Mislead
Screen
Phase Door
Foresight(self only)

rferries
2018-12-30, 02:20 AM
Clever, funny, and useful - a trifecta! I'd suggest replacing the 2nd level spell with invisibility, and maybe inserting some [Fear] spells too.

rferries
2018-12-30, 02:22 AM
Sorry for double-posting, but you could add "cowardice" and "greater cowardice" - same mechanical benefits as heroism/greater heroism, but the morale bonus comes from your own fear-triggered adrenaline.

Auroch
2018-12-30, 03:12 AM
Clever, funny, and useful - a trifecta! I'd suggest replacing the 2nd level spell with invisibility, and maybe inserting some [Fear] spells too.

I considered Invisibility, but Rope Trick is even better for hiding than Invisibility. It's a perfect hidey hole that shows up anywhere and then disappears.

Or, on second thought, I think I'll make a limited variant of Rope Trick for level 1, and invisibility can be level 2.

Hidey-Hole
Transmutation
Level: Bard 1, Cowardice 1
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: One touched smooth surface.
Duration: 10 minutes/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

You reach out to a surface nearby, and it bends to help you hide.

When this spell is cast on a surface, a crack appears that only you can see. Reaching into the crack instantly sucks you into an extradimensional space, as rope trick except that it can hold only one creature, you, and the 'viewing window' is a square six inches on a side at your eye level.

So that makes the spells:

Hidey-Hole
Invisibility
Nondetection(self only)
Dimension Door
Spell Resistance(self only)
Mislead
Screen
Phase Door
Foresight(self only)