PDA

View Full Version : Celestial Chainlock 3/ Oath of Crown Paladin 11

Talionis
2018-12-30, 08:39 AM
Someone was asking for the best healer in the game and I suggested this might be an unusual but legitimate contender for the best healer...Hexblade Chainlock, Oath of Crown Paladin. Take the hits for your teammates and use the invocation to maximize your healing. You have access to Aura of Vitality. You also have a great taunt ability and access to Armor of Agathys and Warding Bonds spells. Could be very interesting to take that much damage and constantly be self healing.

You can also upcast Aid to increase your party's max HP by 20, which stacks with THP.

For Fluff I am thinking a father who is following his children adventuring and wants to protect his children and makes a deal with a weapon to gain the power to protect them.

What else can I add as tactics to optimize the protect my children theme?

While you cannot dump Strength because you need 13, you can focus on Constitution and Charisma. Feats like Inspiring Leader and Tough make sense. Protection is probably the goto Combat style. I could see Shield Master maybe being good. As a byproduct the character would have solid saves and familiar protection from Spells.

MinMaxMunchking
2018-12-30, 10:37 AM
That seems like an interesting idea certainly. Not sure about the split entirely, but definitely add Gift of the Ever-Living Ones invocation to the mix. You can act as a very decent damage sponge that way.

Talionis
2018-12-30, 10:46 AM
Min. I have a lot of room to play since 3/11 still leaves 6 more levels. I think I want at least 9 Paladin levels for third level spells, Aura of Vitality.

I could get more healing from Celestial Warlock and I am going back and forth with Celestial and Hexblade, but saving ASI for both Charisma and Constitution and feats, I am happy to be able to stop at 13 strength.