PDA

View Full Version : Awakened Housecat Fighter 6/Rogue 6

Mildly Inept
2018-12-30, 07:04 PM
Aside from the insane nature of the idea, is there any reason this wouldn't work as a sneaky trip attack Dex build?

Awakened Housecat Fighter 6/Rogue 6

Feats: (3 Base Feats +2 Feats from Flaws +4 Fighter Feats)
Dodge, Mobility, Underfoot Combat, Confound the Big Folk, Weapon Finesse, Improved Trip Attack, Craven, Combat Expertise

Flaws: Frail, Vulnerable

Class Features: Sneak Attack +3d6, Trap Sense +2, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Hit and Run (Fighter ACF)

Racial Features: Cats have a +4 racial bonus on Climb, Hide, and Move Silently checks and a +8 racial bonus on Jump checks. Cats have a +8 racial bonus on Balance checks. They use their Dexterity modifier instead of their Strength modifier for Climb and Jump checks. *In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus rises to +8. Cats are size tiny. They also have low light vision and scent. Presumably, they are not allowed to use weapons that require opposable thumbs for obvious reasons.

ericgrau
2018-12-30, 07:14 PM
1 issue, it needs a 12th level commoner build to put it up against.

2nd issue, needs a way to trip friendlies and then compel pets. Ranks in handle human perhaps.

Ruethgar
2018-12-30, 07:22 PM
Is this supposed to be Fighter 6//Rogue 6 as in gestalt? Even if it is, the number of feats is still off, it would be Base 4, Flaw 2, Fighter 4, Racial 1. Would also direct you to Fabulous Cats (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c), namely Don't Mind Me.

Mildly Inept
2018-12-30, 07:24 PM
Well, yeah, obviously we're not talking Incantarix levels of optimization here. But I mean, just as a joke encounter or something, I think it's pretty funny. Stumbled across the old April Fools article on rules from cats in the Wizards archives and got to thinking. I think with Leadership and a hooman cohort, it might actually kinda work. And yeah, I apologize for bungling the feats up a bit. Whipped it up on a whim thinking it was funny, thought I'd share.

If anyone wants to play around with it, go ahead. Otherwise, sorry for wasting everyone's time. Mods can delete if they want.

JNAProductions
2018-12-30, 07:31 PM
Well, yeah, obviously we're not talking Incantarix levels of optimization here. But I mean, just as a joke encounter or something, I think it's pretty funny. Stumbled across the old April Fools article on rules from cats in the Wizards archives and got to thinking. I think with Leadership and a hooman cohort, it might actually kinda work. And yeah, I apologize for bungling the feats up a bit. Whipped it up on a whim thinking it was funny, thought I'd share.

If anyone wants to play around with it, go ahead. Otherwise, sorry for wasting everyone's time. Mods can delete if they want.

Dude, it's fine. It's a mildly amusing build and thought experiment-there's nothing to be sorry for.

Even if you done goofed a little on the build, well, that's why you get people to double check it for you.

I, for one, think this would be a fun encounter.

HouseRules
2018-12-30, 08:33 PM
1 issue, it needs a 12th level commoner build to put it up against.

2nd issue, needs a way to trip friendlies and then compel pets. Ranks in handle human perhaps.

I'm sure if this is gestalt, then Succubus (6 RHD and LA +6) // Commoner 12 would definitely solve both issues of Commoner, and Petting.

PrismCat21
2018-12-31, 12:53 AM
[I]Awakened Housecat Fighter 6/Rogue 6

Feats: (3 Base Feats +2 Feats from Flaws +4 Fighter Feats)
Dodge, Mobility, Underfoot Combat, Confound the Big Folk, Weapon Finesse, Improved Trip Attack, Craven, Combat Expertise

Flaws: Frail, Vulnerable

If not Gestalt, you can do away with the flaws altogether. You only have 8 feats listed and you receive 8 to play with. (4 from 12HD, 4 from Fighter)

If it is Gestalt, and you still want both of the flaws, you should pick another feat as you have access to 9, but have only listed 8.
I'd also suggest Don't Mind Me from the Fabulous Cats article linked below. Or maybe just Spring Attack to make it easy on yourself.

Ruethgar
2018-12-31, 01:51 AM
If not Gestalt, you can do away with the flaws altogether. You only have 8 feats listed and you receive 8 to play with. (4 from 12HD, 4 from Fighter)

If it is Gestalt, and you still want both of the flaws, you should pick another feat as you have access to 9, but have only listed 8.
I'd also suggest Don't Mind Me from the Fabulous Cats article linked below. Or maybe just Spring Attack to make it easy on yourself.

Awakened cats have 3 HD to start at ECL 0 and Weapon Finesse is a bonus feat so it is actually 5 from 15HD, 4 from Fighter, 1 from race.

Particle_Man
2018-12-31, 02:26 AM
Maybe replace rogue with assassin for death attack. How many skill points does kitty need, without opposable thumbs. And who would suspect kitty was studying you for three rounds to prepare a death attack? Cats stare at people all the time anyway!:smallcool:

JNAProductions
2018-12-31, 12:27 PM
Maybe replace rogue with assassin for death attack. How many skill points does kitty need, without opposable thumbs. And who would suspect kitty was studying you for three rounds to prepare a death attack? Cats stare at people all the time anyway!:smallcool:

I just automatically assume all cats are plotting our death anyway. Most just can't pull it off. :P

PrismCat21
2018-12-31, 03:39 PM
Awakened cats have 3 HD to start at ECL 0 and Weapon Finesse is a bonus feat so it is actually 5 from 15HD, 4 from Fighter, 1 from race.

Well shoot. I forgot about the extra stuff from Awaken.

But you definitely got the ECL wrong. ECL = Class Level + HD + Level Adjustment. Neither Awaken or Cat give a level adjustment, it doesn't yet have class levels, and it's HD is 3.

Ruethgar
2018-12-31, 08:26 PM
But you definitely got the ECL wrong. ECL = Class Level + HD + Level Adjustment. Neither Awaken or Cat give a level adjustment, it doesn't yet have class levels, and it's HD is 3.

Well, actually, the ECL for awakened animals from the 3.0 MMI are set directly rather than using LA, cats, monkeys, lizards, rats, and toads are all set to ECL 0 by awaken, even if they are titanic magebred woodling cats, their ECL is 0 if Awakened. This would obviously get and need DM adjustment, but that would be a house rule, not RAW.