PDA

View Full Version : All Lizardfolk party.

CTurbo
2018-12-30, 07:48 PM
say 3-5 players. How do you think it would play out? What class combination do you think would work best?

I could see a Ranger, Monk, and Cleric. What else? Druid to keep the Wis focused theme and add more full casting?

Oh that gives me another thread idea!

FringeJacket
2018-12-30, 08:46 PM
Monk, Cleric and Ranger would be the optimized choices. Barbarians goo too with the Con boost but they could all play bards and do ok

Nhorianscum
2018-12-30, 09:15 PM
say 3-5 players. How do you think it would play out? What class combination do you think would work best?

I could see a Ranger, Monk, and Cleric. What else? Druid to keep the Wis focused theme and add more full casting?

Oh that gives me another thread idea!

Party is pretty much up to player choice here. We're obviously going to see a good chunk of clerics and druids in this sort of setup but lizardfolk offer solid terinary stats for any class.

That said the thematic nature of a full lizard party sounds like all sorts of fun.

I'd probably go with the above all bards idea and play the campain as a tour of the "Crossbows and Swamproses"

thorr-kan
2018-12-30, 11:32 PM
Well, since you asked...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnDGreentext/comments/97riuv/eating_people_is_fine_so_long_as_we_all_agree_on/

Reddit thread from an Aussie DM who's players decided, independently, to all play lizardfolk. DnD 5E, with house rules. Currently 40 episodes in. They play 1-2 times a week.

DM's a good writer. Prepare to laugh, cry, and get really invested in somebody else's characters.

(Edited to add: Spelling. Always spelling.)

Nhorianscum
2018-12-30, 11:55 PM
Thank you so much for posting this.

CTurbo
2018-12-31, 01:05 AM
That's awesome lol

MaxWilson
2018-12-31, 01:33 AM
say 3-5 players. How do you think it would play out?

The thing I'd be most concerned about is that there might not be a lot of party cohesion. Group loyalty is sort of a mammalian thing. With reptiles you'd either need to have some sort of forcing function to keep them together as a group, or you'd need to be very prepared (at the metagame level) to handle split parties (https://thealexandrian.net/wordpress/35847/roleplaying-games/thought-of-the-day-big-hero-6-and-splitting-the-party), players working occasionally at cross-purposes, occasional callous treachery, etc.

Given that the reptilians are actually being roleplayed by mammals it has a lot of potential to turn into a black comedy (as a coping mechanism, because the other alternative is to turn into heartache).

Particle_Man
2018-12-31, 02:14 AM
Everyone is a Lizardfolk? Not just one pc? I guess this will determine if they scale well.

Guy Lombard-O
2018-12-31, 11:23 AM
Well, since you asked...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnDGreentext/comments/97riuv/eating_people_is_fine_so_long_as_we_all_agree_on/

Reddit thread from an Aussie DB who's players decided, independently, to all play lizardfolk. DnD 5E, with house rules. Currently 40 episodes in. They play 1-2 times a week.

DM's a good writer. Prepare to laugh, cry, and get really invested in somebody else's characters.

This is awesome, thanks!:smallsmile: