PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Healing Spells That Don't Require Touching

Altrunchen
2018-12-31, 02:35 PM
Seriously, what's with all the good healing spells requiring touching? Doesn't that creep anyone out? I find it weird. So I made a bunch of spells that don't require getting up in someone's business to heal them. And here they are!

Healing I - X (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Healing_I_(3.5e_Spell)): These spells cure a certain percentage of the target's maximum hitpoints reliably and from a distance. Healing I heals for 10%, and Healing X heals for 100%. Here's the first entry for the spell:

Healing I:
Conjuration [Healing]
Level: Brd 0, Clr 0, Drd 0, Healing 1, Pal 1, Rgr 1
Components: V, S
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./level)
Target: One creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will half (harmless); see text
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless); see text

Cure 10% of a creature's total hit points. You point at a creature in range and instantly they regain one tenth of their total health in a flash of white light. The subject is healed with positive energy for 10% of their maximum hit points rounding down to the nearest whole number.

Since undead are powered by negative energy, this spell deals damage to them instead of curing their wounds. An undead creature can apply spell resistance, and can attempt a Will save to take half damage.

Healing Pulse (Lesser, Normal, Greater, Supreme) (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Healing_Pulse,_Lesser_(3.5e_Spell)): Healing pulse heals allies within a radius of the caster, including the caster. Good for boss fights. And no you don't have to touch anyone.

Healing Pulse, Lesser:
Conjuration [Healing]
Level: Clr 2, Healing 2, Pal 2
Components: V, S, DF
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Self
Area: 20 ft. radius burst centered on the caster
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You exude a burst of holy light that heals yourself and all allies within 20 ft. of you for 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 5d6).

Since undead are powered by negative energy, this spell deals damage to them instead of curing their wounds. An undead creature can apply spell resistance, and can attempt a Will save to take no damage.

Divine Focus: A holy symbol of the caster's patron deity.

noob
2019-01-01, 04:42 PM
So now at level 1 clerics will be really bad at the job of refilling of life the party and at high level where they could already refill the party entirely now they can do that 3 or 4 times a day with no problems.
Also twinned heal 10 autokills undead that does not have spell resistance or positive energy resistance(those two are rather rare on undead).

JNAProductions
2019-01-01, 05:09 PM
So now at level 1 clerics will be really bad at the job of refilling of life the party and at high level where they could already refill the party entirely now they can do that 3 or 4 times a day with no problems.
Also twinned heal 10 autokills undead that does not have spell resistance or positive energy resistance(those two are rather rare on undead).

A twinned level 9 spell instakilling an enemy seems okay. I would HOPE that two level 9 spells (or a highly metamagic'd level 9 spell) can kill an enemy!

I'm more concerned that 20 first-level clerics can instagib literally any undead without spell resistance/positive energy resistance using level 0 spells.

rferries
2019-01-02, 02:02 AM
I'm more concerned that 20 first-level clerics can instagib literally any undead without spell resistance/positive energy resistance using level 0 spells.

I don't even see this as a problem. An arbitrary number of 1st-level sorcerers can kill most enemies with magic missile, after all (and from further away than these spells).

I do think the %-based healing is a little awkward though.