PDA

View Full Version : Player Help TWF with Greatswords

RNightstalker
2019-01-01, 12:37 AM
So I have a character that I want to dual wield greatswords and I'm trying to figure out a way to legit make that happen. I know Monkey Grip and Wield Oversized Weapon from CW, and then there's Hero's Arm from Baldur's Gate 2. Any other ideas/options?

Particle_Man
2019-01-01, 12:54 AM
Well if you don’t mind wielding great swords designed for gnomes then a human could do so with some penalties on the attack rolls.

Charles120
2019-01-01, 01:08 AM
While not a greatsword, you can wield a large longsword through powerful build, such as from goliath or strong arm bracers

RNightstalker
2019-01-01, 01:31 AM
He's a human, doing straight fighter. Was going to do a Tempest dip, but three extra fighter feats are better than the TWF class benefit, especially as it opens up for Epic Prowess.

Maat Mons
2019-01-01, 01:48 AM
A medium creature wearing Strongarm Bracers can wield weapons as if he were large. A large creature can use a greatsword designed for a medium creature as a 1-handed weapon with a -2 penalty on attack rolls. So a medium creature wearing Strongarm bracers can wield medium-sized greatswords 1-handed at a -2 penalty.

Troacctid
2019-01-01, 02:00 AM
You could be a diopsid. They have a special racial ability allowing them to dual-wield two-handed weapons while still adding +1.5x Str to damage on both of them.

fallensavior
2019-01-01, 10:50 AM
You could also be any 4-armed race and dual-wield great swords while still 2-handing them.

gkathellar
2019-01-01, 11:11 AM
You could be a diopsid. They have a special racial ability allowing them to dual-wield two-handed weapons while still adding +1.5x Str to damage on both of them.

Seconded - it's more-or-less the entire reason the race exists, and notably, diopsid also allows you to ignore the Dex requirements on TWF feats. It is "I want to be a Diablo 2 barbarian, and also an insect-person," distilled into a race.

LA +1, tho.