PDA

View Full Version : When did Durkon find out about the planet in the rift?

Mad Humanist
2019-01-02, 08:58 AM
Huh. When did Durkon find out about the planet in the rift? I thought he was conspicuously absent every time it came up.

What does Thor do with this information? Is there some way for a god to directly ask a question of their follower? I would have thought so, but I can’t remember a spell for it off the top of my head.

This question was asked in the main thread, but I don't have an answer and I reckon it deserves its own thread.

Grey_Wolf_c
2019-01-02, 09:12 AM
This question was asked in the main thread, but I don't have an answer and I reckon it deserves its own thread.

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0920.html). Durkon & Greg are around, and could easily have heard V.

Grey Wolf

JonahFalcon
2019-01-02, 09:14 AM
Everyone in the Stick was told. Do you think Blackwing and V wouldn't tell them? Not everything has to be on panel.

Mad Humanist
2019-01-02, 10:57 AM
Here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0920.html). Durkon & Greg are around, and could easily have heard V.

Grey Wolf

Okay I didn't remember her being that explicit. When Roy and V talked at greater length Roy did express misgivings about talking to Durkon so I think that is probably the most he got. Maybe Hel ran with that information and did her own investigations.

Rrmcklin
2019-01-02, 03:12 PM
Okay I didn't remember her being that explicit. When Roy and V talked at greater length Roy did express misgivings about talking to Durkon so I think that is probably the most he got. Maybe Hel ran with that information and did her own investigations.

What do you mean by "the most he got"? Literally the only thing they know about the world in the rift is that it exists. If he heard that part, he heard everything they know, no Hel investigation needed.

Paschendale
2019-01-08, 01:39 PM
Everyone in the Stick was told. Do you think Blackwing and V wouldn't tell them? Not everything has to be on panel.

Probably during the trip north on the airship, then. It's likely that the whole Order compared notes and discussed what they knew to plan for the final gate. It would likewise be a stretch to think that only Roy knows about V having two outstanding debts to the IFCC simply because he was the only one informed on panel.

Yirggzmb
2019-01-08, 07:09 PM
Probably during the trip north on the airship, then. It's likely that the whole Order compared notes and discussed what they knew to plan for the final gate. It would likewise be a stretch to think that only Roy knows about V having two outstanding debts to the IFCC simply because he was the only one informed on panel.

This. I'd say it's relatively safe to assume that anything, that's not explicitly being kept a secret from the others anyway, is known by the whole group by now. Not saying Rich couldn't decide that someone doesn't know something crucial for the sake of the story, but unless that happens we're probably good assuming.

RatElemental
2019-01-08, 08:28 PM
As a follow up question though, why didn't Thor take Durkon aside for the minute he'd be waiting on that raise dead and ask about the world in the rifts some more?

Never mind, I got this raising confused with the previous one.

Goblin_Priest
2019-01-09, 08:53 AM
PLOT HOLE!!!

:smallbiggrin:

WolvesbaneIII
2019-01-10, 09:25 PM
PLOT HOLE!!!

:smallbiggrin:

Better to stumble across a plot hole than a pot hole.

martianmister
2019-01-28, 06:53 AM
Haley is such a blabber mouth.

Resileaf
2019-01-28, 07:34 AM
Durkon literally had to just walk next to the rift and see the planet. It's not that hard to see.