PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in D&D in 2019?

Temperjoke
2019-01-02, 12:25 PM
So since it's the new year, I thought I'd make a post about what sort of stuff official/UA that you'd like to see released.

Personally, I'd like to see elemental-based pacts for warlocks and elemental-based sorcerers be given a look at (or second look in the case of sorcerers). I wouldn't mind see a more fundamental wizard as well, that was based around general knowledge, instead of one focused on a particular school of wizardry.

Please keep things positive and share what you'd like to see!

Yora
2019-01-02, 12:27 PM
Dark Sun stuff.

Malifice
2019-01-02, 12:28 PM
Psionics.

It's been too long.

Millstone85
2019-01-02, 12:29 PM
Spelljammer

guachi
2019-01-02, 12:31 PM
A campaign boxed set.

A supplement on designing and running good 5e adventures. Basically a DM focused supplement on being a good DM.

Malifice
2019-01-02, 12:31 PM
A nod to Cerillia and Birthright.

Just one little easter egg would make me happy.

dejarnjc
2019-01-02, 12:45 PM
Psionics

A Planescape campaign setting

A Darksun campaign setting

Lord8Ball
2019-01-02, 12:47 PM
Blood magic

Man_Over_Game
2019-01-02, 12:47 PM
More tactical decisions to separate Fighters from Barbarians. Whether this has to do with specialized armor, incentives for being unarmored, specialized weapons that have unique mechanics but low accuracy (working with Reckless Attack), or enemies that have high AC, low health, low accuracy but debilitating on-hit effects (causing a dramatic shift in play when used with Reckless Attack), I don't care. 5e has been out long enough, and Barbarians shouldn't feel different than Fighters.

Something that makes Shields rival PAM in terms of value.

A Monk that jumps around a lot.

Expanded weapon list.

A melee-oriented Sorcerer.

A caster that pulls energy out of their own life.

Rules for dealing with a siege, so that players are incentivized to deal with multiple changing scenarios in the same town/city/country

Support for splitting the party.

Sigreid
2019-01-02, 12:52 PM
I've been kind of hankering for a fighter that can fight magical beasts without any magic. So, basically a fighter whose attacks bypass resistance to nonmagical weapons like a monk can.

Man_Over_Game
2019-01-02, 12:57 PM
I've been kind of hankering for a fighter that can fight magical beasts without any magic. So, basically a fighter whose attacks bypass resistance to nonmagical weapons like a monk can.

Bit of a homebrew solution, but check this out: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=23535792&postcount=4

Originally it was a fairly bland Mage Hunter Fighter, but eventually it evolved into something a lot more fun. My idea was to make it absorb damage from ANY source of magical damage, which the Fighter could then convert into physical energy into themselves, creating a non-magical spell-like effect.

pdegan2814
2019-01-02, 12:58 PM

something like the Mage Slayer feat expanded into a full subclass?

DanyBallon
2019-01-02, 12:59 PM
More campaign setting books like the SCAG, where you get enough background information to run a campaign without too much that limit your option to make the world your own, complemented with a few players options tied to the setting.

Setting I’d like to see getting this treatment:
Greyhawk
Darksun
Dragonlance
Birthright
Planescape

P.S. I’m really serious about it. I found the SCAG really useful and it this specific book that brought me to FR. Seeing more books like this one to present other setting would be more than welcome!

Sigreid
2019-01-02, 01:04 PM
something like the Mage Slayer feat expanded into a full subclass?

Not really thinking specifically a mage slayer. More of a just a fighter that knows how to make their attacks always hurt. Could be because of special training. Could be because they're just that rough and tumble. My thought was someone who defends their people with grit and determination and not all that fancy stuff.

Edit: I could actually accomplish this really easily by swapping a subclass feature of around 7th level with it on a champion or battle master.

Millstone85
2019-01-02, 01:10 PM
P.S. I’m really serious about it. I found the SCAG really useful and it this specific book that brought me to FR. Seeing more books like this one to present other setting would be more than welcome!What is your opinion on GGtR?

DanyBallon
2019-01-02, 01:14 PM
What is your opinion on GGtR?

I didn't have the chance to look at it. I plan on borrowing it to compare the structure with the SCAG.

JumboWheat01
2019-01-02, 01:19 PM
There's something that DDO has for Barbarians called the "Occult Slayer," pretty much a martial path that's anti-magic in just about any way it can be, and I wouldn't mind seeing that. Would make for interesting roleplay opportunity. Oh, and I would LOVE to see the School of Satire Bards become an official thing. I love playing the Jester kit in the Baldur's Gate games, this strikes me as something similar.

I wouldn't mind seeing official releases of Artificers and Psionics, even if the settings they're from aren't splatted out, though I most certainly won't say no to more setting splats.

Even though I've come to love them, I do feel like sorcerers could do with a little more love, maybe a UA Second Version like what Rangers have, even if it's never made official. Oh, speaking of Rangers, I would like to see something that adds bonus spells to the original ranger archetypes like how the ones in Xanathar's have bonus spells, to make them at least somewhat equal.

I would like to see Trade and Travel domains become a thing, since the gods that deal with them don't really belong with the Trickery domain.

But most of all I'd like to see halfling artwork that isn't horrendously ugly, but I know that'll never happen.

opaopajr
2019-01-02, 01:20 PM
A campaign boxed set.

A supplement on designing and running good 5e adventures. Basically a DM focused supplement on being a good DM.

A nod to Cerillia and Birthright.

Just one little easter egg would make me happy.

So much of these. :smallcool:

Especially Box Sets! Boxes, so cats can perch in them, and it takes up room on your bookshelves, and you can dump maps & notes & character sheets inside... with little softcover booklets, split into For GM & For Players, so I can carry very little & don't have to read from a small glowing screen like I've been doing all day already. BOXES! :smallmad:

Wildarm
2019-01-02, 01:29 PM
More spells. Especially at higher levels. Maybe some spell balance as well. Too many spells are just useless and never picked or too high a level for their effect.

Sigreid
2019-01-02, 01:36 PM
I'd not mind some more solid rules for characters becoming the local lord. Rules around strongholds, guidelines for a fife's economy, morale and loyalty of the people. After all, somewhere around level 10 the characters are likely among the most powerful mortals alive with renown that will draw many people to them for their guidance and protection. While at the same time monarchs will be trying to entice them into being vassals for the prestige and security the loyalty of such powerful people can bring them.

samcifer
2019-01-02, 01:39 PM
New playable races including Shifters, Warforged and Satyrs.

KyleG
2019-01-02, 01:47 PM
Codes in physical books making dndbeyond purchases significantly cheaper. Yeah right.
A better ranger as official. And the artificer.
Real flaws like in critical role...kinda like a 'boon and burden' scenario.

eternalshades
2019-01-02, 01:54 PM
A fleshed out spelljammer environment.

I always thought that was one of the biggest weaknesses acting as connective tissue for other worlds.

Sception
2019-01-02, 01:57 PM
Psionics, preferably as an entirely novel mechanical system rather than as 'spells by another name'. I think the last playtest we saw was headed in the right direction, but sadly it sounds like that direction has changed rather drastically since. Also preferably as multiple classes, or at least one class with additional builds for other classes, rather than all being shoved up under a single class. Because basics like hit dice & equipment/save proficiencies should be different between casty, fighty, and sneaky style psychics at the very least. For instance, I'd rather see psychic warrior and soulknife as their own classes, but failing that I'd rather see them as subclasses of fighter and rogue than of psion.
A finalized and fully functional version of the artificer class. Again, I think the current playtest version was headed in the right direction, even if it wasn't there yet (personally, I think the robopet needs /at least/ a whole subclass's worth of space to stretch out). Both Ravnica and Eberron kind of desperately want this class.
Spelljammer, Planescape, or a blend of the two.
Pipe Dream I know, but a half-caster version of the warlock utterly replacing both the bladelock pact boon and hexblade patron (though I wouldn't mind the bulk of hexblade minus hex warrior re-introduced as a curse-themed dark power or raven queen patron).
Again a Pipe Dream, but a pet class, as like a dedicated full class, not just a subclass. That's really I think the only way to balance out the concept of a pet master character, it has to be baked into how the character functions on a round-by-round basis, it can't just be something tacked on to an otherwise independent chassis. Subclasses could allow for different kinds of pets / pet masters. For instance, you could have 1/3 druid caster with elemental/fey pet, 1/3 wizard caster with undead/construct pet, 1/3 divine caster with celestial/fiendish pet, 1/3 pact caster with outsider/shadow pet, non-caster with animal/beast/maybe even draconic pet, etc. Thematically such concepts are all over the map, but mechanically, in terms of what they're trying to do - a character whose basic combat functionality is channeled through an intermediary - they all have more in common with each other than they do with any other class, and I really do think that the basic concept will *never* be effectively realized as a subclass tacked on to a class chassis not specifically built for it.

Willie the Duck
2019-01-02, 01:59 PM
A campaign boxed set.

So much of these. :smallcool:

Especially Box Sets! Boxes, so cats can perch in them, and it takes up room on your bookshelves, and you can dump maps & notes & character sheets inside... with little softcover booklets, split into For GM & For Players, so I can carry very little & don't have to read from a small glowing screen like I've been doing all day already. BOXES! :smallmad:

Boxed sets will never make a comeback now that WotC is considering the international market. Too many countries consider boxed sets to be akin to board games and toys for tax/import-export/etc. purposes, while game books are taxed as, well, books.

But I certainly would get behind a book version of the same concept! I know I'm a small minority, but I'd love to see a new Mystara+Hollow World setting guide! :smallbiggrin: Darksun too!

Mortis_Elrod
2019-01-02, 02:14 PM
Psionics and Artificer- kind of irritated we didnt get the artificer last year anyway.

Elemental based Warlock patron- theres a good chunk of things you could do that isnt a copy/paste of sorcerer stuff.

Monstrous/Fiendish Barbarian- Rage like a demon? more like Rage into a demon.

a Bear man race- I just want to be a bear man barbearian that turns into a bear. bring beary back.

Feats, Spells, magic items and mundane but usueful items- give me all of it, just more stuff for everyone to use in general. Not even powerful stuff really, just fun stuff.

more settings. New settings. Lets explore something we've never seen before.

RickAsWritten
2019-01-02, 02:20 PM
For Wayfinder's to be finished(w/ Artificer), finalized and printed in a book.

Also, a full-fledged campaign book set in Eberron. They have Wayfinder's to cover basic lore and player options. If they release that, why not give us a book that releases around the same time that provides deeper lore and an adventure plot-line.

Planescape and Spelljammer given the same treatment. A player/DM aimed book and then a DM/adventure book. I feel like that would be the best way to continually introduce new settings to 5e.

Vogie
2019-01-02, 02:25 PM
Boxed sets will never make a comeback now that WotC is considering the international market. Too many countries consider boxed sets to be akin to board games and toys for tax/import-export/etc. purposes, while game books are taxed as, well, books.

That's not necessarily true... The Starter Set, Monster Menagerie, & Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica (and possibly others) that set of prepainted miniatures ("D&D Icons of the Realms"). They're also pumping out various board games based on their M:tG offerings, like the Ixalan version of Catan, and the Heroes of Dominaria Board Game, even though (I'm fairly certain) precisely none of the M:tG-based board games haven't really taken hold.

I think they're going to keep throwing stuff against the wall until they find something that clicks.

[list] Again a Pipe Dream, but a pet class, as like a dedicated full class, not just a subclass. That's really I think the only way to balance out the concept of a pet master character, it has to be baked into how the character functions on a round-by-round basis, it can't just be something tacked on to an otherwise independent chassis. Subclasses could allow for different kinds of pets / pet masters. Thematically such concepts are all over the map, but mechanically, in terms of what they're trying to do - a character whose basic combat functionality is channeled through an intermediary - they all have more in common with each other than they do with any other class, and I really do think that the basic concept will *never* be effectively realized as a subclass tacked on to a class chassis not specifically built for it.

I would love to see something like the Pathfinder Spiritualist, where the character is very ranger-y, and the Spirit is some sort of combination Familiar and Animal companion who, in at least 1 subclass, can meld with the PC to give them abilities.

Daphne
2019-01-02, 02:30 PM
I want to see more adventure books like Yawning Portal: a bunch of short adventures instead of a big one that goes from 1st to 10th level.

Willie the Duck
2019-01-02, 02:59 PM
That's not necessarily true... The Starter Set, Monster Menagerie, & Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica (and possibly others) that set of prepainted miniatures ("D&D Icons of the Realms"). They're also pumping out various board games based on their M:tG offerings, like the Ixalan version of Catan, and the Heroes of Dominaria Board Game, even though (I'm fairly certain) precisely none of the M:tG-based board games haven't really taken hold.

I think they're going to keep throwing stuff against the wall until they find something that clicks.

Okay, let's try this again. Things that have the option of either being a book or a boxed set are from here on out going to be books because of the tax structures of various countries. Things with miniatures, or require the box to include important components (a starter set that required you to go buy a separate set of dice, possibly in another part of the store, would not work well), are going to continue to have no real choice. Board games, are, of course, board games, and will always have a different place in the sales structure.

Foxydono
2019-01-02, 03:06 PM
Psionics

Let's get crazy and add a permanency spell too!

Theodoric
2019-01-02, 03:13 PM
I second the idea of a book of shorter adventures and/or dungeons, that sounds very useful in a plug-and-play way.

JumboWheat01
2019-01-02, 03:18 PM
Yeah, the idea of short adventures does seem rather appealing. With easy rules/what-have-you for scaling them up or down in levels as needed. Just roll the dice for the story of the day and, well, roll with it.

Millstone85
2019-01-02, 03:32 PM
Again a Pipe Dream, but a pet class, as like a dedicated full class, not just a subclass.My idea of a true petmaster would include:
* a companion
* a familiar
* a mount
* summons

Gotta catch 'em all.

Sindal
2019-01-02, 03:48 PM
-The artificer becoming offical in a healthy state
-A publicised, offically released revised range (of any form, be it the old one or a new take of a simliar vein)
-2-4 extra spell known for sorcerors because GOD DAMMIT LET ME BREATH:smallbiggrin:

Tvtyrant
2019-01-02, 03:49 PM
I really like the idea of a collection book of ones shots and adventures. Especially if I can get updates of old ones from prior editions, hopefully with the old stats next to the new ones in case I want to play the old edition but still able to play the new one.

Some of the old no longer canon stuff like the Mindflayer Sunset worlds, Spelljammer and Planescape adventures, etc. Alongside a bunch of new shortish stuff that can be added into anyone's campaign.

An official Red Hand of Doom for 5E would be cool, along with 5E Elder Evils conversion.

Potato_Priest
2019-01-02, 03:58 PM
I want more humanoid npc and beast statblocks, especially in the high and mid levels.

In the same vein, more monsters that like oozes and bulletes, are basically magic animals that behave normally in an ecosystem, rather than things with some inbred planar allegiance.

For all of you who want psionics- why? Is it mostly out of a desire for a new mechanical way of doing magic? (I can definitely get behind this, since it could make lots of cool and interesting options.), or is it out of a desire for psionics in particular? The latter seems strange to me, since the lore difference between psionics and arcane magic is extremely small and terribly easy to refluff.

Millstone85
2019-01-02, 04:11 PM
For all of you who want psionics- why? Is it mostly out of a desire for a new mechanical way of doing magic? (I can definitely get behind this, since it could make lots of cool and interesting options.), or is it out of a desire for psionics in particular? The latter seems strange to me, since the lore difference between psionics and arcane magic is extremely small and terribly easy to refluff.I used to say the same, but now I think it isn't any worse a difference than between arcane and divine magic, or between wizardry and sorcery.

Now, I am going with the "personal weave" interpretation of psionics. If arcane magic in your world doesn't involve anything like the Weave, that might not leave room for psionics.

Mechanically, I like the idea of a magic system where every spell or discipline is level 1, or even level 0, and upcastable all the way.

Bundin
2019-01-02, 05:14 PM
Fewer subclasses, more classes. This would enable more different mechanics and theming. Subclasses can feel quite tacked on if you ask me (hi Divine Soul), because they must fit in the core class abilities.

Garfunion
2019-01-02, 05:37 PM
I want to see Dark Sun and an Artificer class.

Man_Over_Game
2019-01-02, 05:40 PM
More diverse use of ability scores. A Barbarian that uses Charisma, a Fighter that uses Wisdom, a Monk that uses Intelligence. Those kinds of ideas.

I feel like MADness is something that should be embraced with certain classes, to allow some more unorthodox builds. Right now, a Cleric and a Wizard cannot comfortably mix, but the concept is not hard to visualize. By creating new subclasses that allow unorthodox stats to the mix, you can allow more comfortable multiclassing with these builds while still keeping the power level contained in a controlled environment.

EggKookoo
2019-01-02, 06:03 PM
Not interested in any mechanics changes or core stuff (new races, classes, whatever). I want content. By which I mean adventures. Out the wazoo. All different level ranges. Big epic 1-20 sagas. YP-like collections of shorter things. One shots. Two shots. Adventures to take you from lv1 to lv2. Adventures to take you from lv2 to lv3. Lv1 to lv10. Lv11 to lv15. A one shot for lv12s. Anything and everything.

I want WotC to go dig up every gal-darn pre-5e published adventure or module and retool it for 5e.

Jama7301
2019-01-02, 06:20 PM
My idea of a true petmaster would include:
* a companion
* a familiar
* a mount
* summons

Gotta catch 'em all.

I would not like to see a character that can have them all up at once, especially if they have their own discrete actions. If you're controlling that many things (Plus your PC) in a given combat, you should be the GM.

Man_Over_Game
2019-01-02, 06:25 PM
My idea of a true petmaster would include:
* a companion
* a familiar
* a mount
* summons

Gotta catch 'em all.

Shephard Druid with Ritual Master: Wizard.

Get Phantom Steed and Find Familiar, summon as many animal companions as you want.

Alternatively, Lore Bard and Hexblade Warlock. Use Find Familiar to summon a steed whenever you need it, using Mounted Combatant and a Charisma Polearm to strike fear into your enemies. Eventually upgrade into a Pegasus, and tell your Imp familiar to keep up. More levels into Warlock to eventually Summon Lesser/Greater demons.

KorvinStarmast
2019-01-02, 06:29 PM
Not interested in any mechanics changes or core stuff (new races, classes, whatever). I want content. Mostly what Chris said, but here is my dream list.
1. Dark Sun
2. Birthright
3. TOYP-type adventure collections.
4. I can live with psionics, but I can live without them.
5. I still want to see the Revised Ranger tweaked for a sub class in PHB, but I guess that's water well under the bridge.
6. Planescape.
7. Some stuff in Greyhawk.

What I can live without: I can live without the artificer and the alchemist.

Temperjoke
2019-01-02, 10:36 PM
Interesting stuff. I wouldn't mind more setting content as well myself.

Particle_Man
2019-01-02, 11:37 PM
The rest of the npc races in the dmg made into pc races. The skeleton in particular could be fleshed out.

Tectorman
2019-01-02, 11:39 PM
Eberron in print form (with accompanying Artificer and Psionics, of course).

And I'm still hoping for the Oath of Treachery subclass for the Paladin, so as to finally be able to play a Paladin of third level or higher without worrying about tenets or a possible enforced class change.

Beechgnome
2019-01-03, 12:06 AM
Realizing they can't have everything I want in one year... I want the Artificer, an Eberron hardcover, Psionics/Mystic, Planescape or at least a planar guide book with Celestials and Modrons, a Feywild adventure (and Fey lords and ladies), a Kara Tur adventure, an adventure in Hell, Dark Sun, Spelljammer, some more cleric spells, feats, battlemaster maneuvers, beasts/wildshape options, a CR 1/2 demon that's not a Rakdos Cackler... Ok, I would like many things.

In 2019 I would like a) A manual of the Planes, b) Eberron as a hardcover with the Artificer, c) a Feywild adventure, d) a Hell adventure and e) a reworked Psionics plan via UA.

Bel-Torac
2019-01-03, 01:34 AM
More tier 4 (17 to 20 level) AL modules, hardcovers that have social interaction that aren't just a mindless murder hobo dungeon crawl (DH and DMM are social in a sense and I love them for that), and new subclasses and spells.

Mordaedil
2019-01-03, 02:17 AM
Psionics.

It's been too long.
1st edition psionics?

berserker7878
2019-01-03, 02:43 AM
- more informations for the weapon master, acrhcetype fighter
- more very rare weapon, shield, armor
- more balance for fighter weapons, when i see the speed scimitar and the other it's ridiculous
- too much stuff for spell caster, marvelous items etc.. more cools items for fighters, helm, belt, ring etc..
- more balance for spell caster, when i see the spell lv 3 and when i see the spell lv4?? for me need balance.
- when the caster misses his fate it is far too punitive, it uses a spell slot, components etc .. while I must admit that the fighters are unlimited on their attack.
if the caster misses his level 9 spell it's way too hard

Mith
2019-01-03, 03:38 AM
The rest of the npc races in the dmg made into pc races. The skeleton in particular could be fleshed out.

Booooo! *throws rotten tomatoes*

Just do a vengeance paladin. They always seem to have a bone to pick with someone.

MrStabby
2019-01-03, 03:46 AM
More spells.

Seriously, I can't play a caster now without feeling I am seriously gimping it with the spell selection or feeling it is just a mechanical retread of another character at our table.

Oerlaf
2019-01-03, 03:52 AM
Returning the old rules for AL

Marcloure
2019-01-03, 03:56 AM
Planar adventures, preferably in the Feywild, the Shadowfell or in some lower plane.

Oerlaf
2019-01-03, 06:56 AM
Planar adventures, preferably in the Feywild, the Shadowfell or in some lower plane.

Riddle of the Raven Queen takes place in Shadowfell: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/242611/Riddle-of-the-Raven-Queen

Zhorn
2019-01-03, 07:14 AM
Spelljammer 5e, with that teaser in Dungeon of the Mad Mage I'm keen to see an updated ruleset (plus just having everything down in one book would make it easier to learn about).
If it's something realms related, I'll settle for airships instead (sky boats or space boats, I want my Treasure planet moments dang-it).
What ever it is though, something with a good selection of lore and background information to draw from, because they feed into homebrews the best :)

CapnZapp
2019-01-03, 07:17 AM
It's been too long.
That's true of most things about this edition...

2D8HP
2019-01-03, 08:51 AM
I'd like to see The Village of Hommlet, Against the Giants, Descent Into the Dephs of the Earth, and The Vault of the Drow get the same updating to 5e as In Search of the Unknown, Isle of Dread, and Keep on the Borderlands got, and I'd like to see more Backgrounds like the "Anthropologist" and "Archeologist" from Tomb of Annihilation.

Bukowski
2019-01-03, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I too would love to see those old modules updated to 5E.

I'd like to see a Witch player-character class, that can also access Necromancy spells like Animate Dead etc and that can control Undead like Clerics can . There's a particular character I really want to play from one of my favourite series of fantasy books, but with current rules and class limits that is not really an option.

Another vote for the Alchemist as a character class, and also for a Brawler class that focuses on unarmed or close combat weapons.(It could even be a Sub-Class of Fighter, perhaps).

A bit more for Two-Weapon fighters to make them more compatible with other combat styles at higher levels.

Also a thumbs-up re improving the Ranger as well.

the_brazenburn
2019-01-03, 09:25 AM
I want elemental sorcerer bloodlines, updated TWF (to make it competitive), noncasting variants of rangers and paladins, and lots more monsters.

Lots and lots and lots of monsters, maybe with some generic templates for making your own: stuff like the Simic Mutants from GGtR.

I could live without the mystic, artificer and psion.

ZorroGames
2019-01-03, 10:16 AM
Most of these ideas are addressed (with some work) by making your own 5e world. Guess my 0D&D roots are showing.

That said, most of these comments are things I do not want in my 5e AL gaming. If I go Frank Sinatra/ homebrew then the major aspect I would address is dropping PHB+1 TBH.

If they make non-Faerun worlds, (please, ) then I would prefer maps or tools rather than rewarmed/rehashed previous settings.

None of these previously mentioned settings are attractive to me. The concept of Spelljammer is attractive but I found the actual book professionally produced fan fiction OTT filler. I will not rant about worlds that have about as much appeal as moldy bread like... well, no names...

Oh, yes, a sub-Saharan African, or a South American, setting might appeal to me if there were no time restrained FR connections to current age 5e. Continental wide disasters do not require the same effects on a world wide basis. Just IMNSHO.

Create a 5e Maztica Like setting for example but do not resurrect Maztica per se, for example.

PhoenixPhyre
2019-01-03, 10:24 AM
Not interested in any mechanics changes or core stuff (new races, classes, whatever). I want content. By which I mean adventures. Out the wazoo. All different level ranges. Big epic 1-20 sagas. YP-like collections of shorter things. One shots. Two shots. Adventures to take you from lv1 to lv2. Adventures to take you from lv2 to lv3. Lv1 to lv10. Lv11 to lv15. A one shot for lv12s. Anything and everything.

I want WotC to go dig up every gal-darn pre-5e published adventure or module and retool it for 5e.

On the other hand, this would be useless effort for me, because I don't like pregenerated adventures. They don't fit my world or my style, and are rarely well done enough to crib pieces from.

Mehangel
2019-01-03, 10:30 AM
The top 3 things that I would like to see for D&D 5e in 2019 is an official conversion by Drop Dead Studios of 'Spheres of Power', 'Spheres of Might', and 'Champions of the Spheres'.

RyanW1019
2019-01-03, 10:34 AM
I'd not mind some more solid rules for characters becoming the local lord. Rules around strongholds, guidelines for a fife's economy, morale and loyalty of the people. After all, somewhere around level 10 the characters are likely among the most powerful mortals alive with renown that will draw many people to them for their guidance and protection. While at the same time monarchs will be trying to entice them into being vassals for the prestige and security the loyalty of such powerful people can bring them.

Sounds like you'd be interested in Strongholds & Followers, a PDF (soon-to-be book) created by Matt Colville, of Running the Game YouTube fame. It's not official 5e content, but it was written with 5e in mind.

Millstone85
2019-01-03, 10:56 AM
The concept of Spelljammer is attractive but I found the actual book professionally produced fan fiction OTT filler.What I want in a 5e Spelljammer book is:
* A general description of the phlogiston-sphere-wildspace structure of the Material.
* Example spheres from known settings: Crimsonspace, Greyspace, Guildspace, Krynnspace, Realmspace, Shardspace, etc.
* DM advice on handling such a crossover, or imagining your own desert planet, city planet, etc.
* Stats and maps for spelljammers: beholder death star tyrant ship, illithid nautiloid, neogi deathspider, etc.
* Lore on aberrant stars such as Acamar, Caiphon, Gibbeth and Hadar, briefly mentioned in VGtM.

Man_Over_Game
2019-01-03, 11:00 AM
What I want in a 5e Spelljammer book is:
* A general description of the phlogiston-sphere-wildspace structure of the Material.
* Example spheres from known settings: Crimsonspace, Greyspace, Guildspace, Krynnspace, Realmspace, Shardspace, etc.
* DM advice on handling such a crossover, or imagining your own desert planet, city planet, etc.
* Stats and maps for spelljammers: beholder death star tyrant ship, illithid nautiloid, neogi deathspider, etc.
* Lore on aberrant stars such as Acamar, Caiphon, Gibbeth and Hadar, briefly mentioned in VGtM.

I'd like some killer rules to make spelljammer combat a bit more fleshed out. I know that they just released some rules, but they seem so barebones, and a lot of the talents of various players (Rogue's Stealth, Ranger's Survival, Barbarian's Athletics) don't have options to really contribute in a spelljammer event.

Trustypeaches
2019-01-03, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I too would love to see those old modules updated to 5E.

I'd like to see a Witch player-character class, that can also access Necromancy spells like Animate Dead etc and that can control Undead like Clerics can . There's a particular character I really want to play from one of my favourite series of fantasy books, but with current rules and class limits that is not really an option.If you’re looking to play a witch, a Lore Bardlock is a pretty close bet.

Reflavor Cutting Words to another kind of hex or curse you inflict, use Magical Secrets to pick up Animate Dead or Spiritual Guardians (reflavored to spooky spirits).

EggKookoo
2019-01-03, 12:17 PM
On the other hand, this would be useless effort for me, because I don't like pregenerated adventures. They don't fit my world or my style, and are rarely well done enough to crib pieces from.

For years I was a completely 100% homebrew kind of DM. I played in purchased adventures but steadfastly refused to use them myself. Then recently I began reading through some and it clicked with me that they make great source material for things I can more or less reskin or repurpose. Now I have an upcoming campaign planned that will take place in an entirely homebrewed setting, but plot-wise I plan to steal heavily from some more recent published stuff (mostly Dragon Heist and Mad Mage but other stuff as well). If you were familiar with those adventures you would probably recognize where I'm stealing stuff, but none of my player is and it allows me to focus on the color and flavor of the setting over the nuts & bolts of the plot.

Maybe I'm just getting old but I find that as a DM I just want to cut off (or "outsource") a lot of that kind of stuff now. I'm actually working on a code-based NPC tactical engine that I can pre-set with NPC decision tree priorities and then reference during combat. Not sure how well that will turn out but I'm hopeful...

HappyDaze
2019-01-03, 12:27 PM
I'd like to see a Witch player-character class, that can also access Necromancy spells like Animate Dead etc and that can control Undead like Clerics can . There's a particular character I really want to play from one of my favourite series of fantasy books, but with current rules and class limits that is not really an option.

What is it about a "witch" that you feel can't be covered in one of the existing classes?

Max_Killjoy
2019-01-03, 12:45 PM
This might be a bit controversial, but...

Official support for "outside the box" characters.

Building a character who is smart but not a caster...

Building a character who is highly skilled, but not a charming musician or nimble sneak...

Building a character who has effective inherent magic but not a forceful or charming personality...

Etc.

Man_Over_Game
2019-01-03, 12:56 PM
This might be a bit controversial, but...

Official support for "outside the box" characters.

Building a character who is smart but not a caster...

Building a character who is highly skilled, but not a charming musician or nimble sneak...

Building a character who has effective inherent magic but not a forceful or charming personality...

Etc.

There is some support for those kinds of things. I think it's important to ask what kind of character you're envisioning where the current rules don't apply.

For example, in respective order:

Inquisitive Rogue

Knowledge Cleric

Shadow/Sun/Elemental Monk, repurposed Druid/Cleric (Perhaps they were born as chosen ones rather than as trained priests), Rangers, Arcane Tricksters

There's a few archetypes that are missing (Inventor, for instance, can't really be duplicated), but most concepts I can think of can be duplicated using the existing options.

Rukelnikov
2019-01-03, 01:27 PM
Unpopular opinion (I think?), but I'd like getting a revised edition of the rules, like a 5.5 version or smthg like that.

Also, UAs that resemble 3rd ed UA in which they are basically ideas on how to change rules (like Mearls TWF rules).

Mith
2019-01-03, 01:39 PM
I'd like to see The Village of Hommlet, Against the Giants, Descent Into the Dephs of the Earth, and The Vault of the Drow get the same updating to 5e as In Search of the Unknown, Isle of Dread, and Keep on the Borderlands got, and I'd like to see more Backgrounds like the "Anthropologist" and "Archeologist" from Tomb of Annihilation.

I believe we have "Against the Giants" in Yawning Portals.

MilkmanDanimal
2019-01-03, 02:04 PM
Not directly D&D itself, but I'm pretty thoroughly all-in on D&D Beyond, and I'd like to see some encounter generation tools built into that service. Running a campaign that's entirely one-shots run by different GMs, and having something where I could punch in character levels, difficulty of challenges, number of encounters, and a few other things would be incredibly useful. I know there are various sites that do this to a certain extent, but having it all in a centralized location, tied directly to all the DDB content I have, would make it just so useful.

Also, the D&D Beyond random character creator is HILARIOUSLY bad. Like, I've had it create me 15th level rangers with a DEX of 5. Enhancing that to allow me to make quick NPCs for the encounters would be great.

Willie the Duck
2019-01-03, 02:07 PM
Also, the D&D Beyond random character creator is HILARIOUSLY bad. Like, I've had it create me 15th level rangers with a DEX of 5. Enhancing that to allow me to make quick NPCs for the encounters would be great.

Sounds to me like it's working quite well at being a random character generator. If it only made reasonable character builds, it wouldn't be very random, now would it? :smallbiggrin:

MilkmanDanimal
2019-01-03, 02:19 PM
Sounds to me like it's working quite well at being a random character generator. If it only made reasonable character builds, it wouldn't be very random, now would it? :smallbiggrin:

I just did one; it gave me a Yuan-Ti Pureblood Paladin 4/Monk 2/Ranger 3/Warlock 3. Stats:
STR 5
DEX 7
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 8
CHA 10

Sure, level 12, that'll happen. For subclass, it lists Oath of Redemption/Drunken Master (even though it's only level 2 Monk)/Gloomstalker/Celestial Chainlock. The Paladin's level 4 ASI went into DEX and WIS.

As a character generation feature, it's hilariously awful and broken.

jas61292
2019-01-03, 02:21 PM
I just did one; it gave me a Yuan-Ti Pureblood Paladin 4/Monk 2/Ranger 3/Warlock 3. Stats:
STR 5
DEX 7
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 8
CHA 10

Sure, level 12, that'll happen. For subclass, it lists Oath of Redemption/Drunken Master (even though it's only level 2 Monk)/Gloomstalker/Celestial Chainlock. The Paladin's level 4 ASI went into DEX and WIS.

I honestly don't even mind that it makes terrible builds. I just hate that it makes straight up illegal ones. I have not once gotten a multiclass build that actually meets the requirements for the given multiclass. That's just poor design.

EggKookoo
2019-01-03, 02:31 PM
STR 5
DEX 7
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 8
CHA 10

I would have so much fun playing that character.

Vogie
2019-01-03, 02:33 PM
I would have so much fun playing that character.

Ultimate Bravery Campaign?

Max_Killjoy
2019-01-03, 02:35 PM
There is some support for those kinds of things. I think it's important to ask what kind of character you're envisioning where the current rules don't apply.

For example, in respective order:

Inquisitive Rogue

Knowledge Cleric

Shadow/Sun/Elemental Monk, repurposed Druid/Cleric (Perhaps they were born as chosen ones rather than as trained priests), Rangers, Arcane Tricksters

There's a few archetypes that are missing (Inventor, for instance, can't really be duplicated), but most concepts I can think of can be duplicated using the existing options.

I looked at the Knowledge Cleric at one point for something, then realized that it requires the character to be a Cleric... I guess you could REALLY refluff it to something else.

EggKookoo
2019-01-03, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Bravery Campaign?

Nah, I used to play lots of Call of Cthulhu. You learn not to get too attached and just have fun where you can.

jaappleton
2019-01-03, 02:54 PM
Artificer and Psion.

I do think Artificer might see official release by the end of the year. I really do. Not saying the chances are amazing. But January 9th, 2019 makes two years since its initial UA release.

Psion... I hope we see another full release of of the class, with its subtypes, as a UA. Don't think, whatsoever, that we'll get a print release.

Vogie
2019-01-03, 03:04 PM
Nah, I used to play lots of Call of Cthulhu. You learn not to get too attached and just have fun where you can.

That I can believe. I haven't had the chance to play it, but listen to the Cthulhu & Friends podcast... it sounds like a blast.

2D8HP
2019-01-03, 03:31 PM
I believe we have "Against the Giants" in Yawning Portals.

Indeed there is, lots of good modules in that one.

Willie the Duck
2019-01-03, 03:42 PM
I looked at the Knowledge Cleric at one point for something, then realized that it requires the character to be a Cleric... I guess you could REALLY refluff it to something else.

In campaigns where we didn't like 'religious type required for healer' (this was back when healing was pretty much cleric-only) we allowed king's advisors, sages, etc. to use the cleric class mechanics. Lore bard might now be the preferred expression of that role, but I can see the Knowledge Cleric making the leap as well.

XmonkTad
2019-01-03, 03:43 PM
Incarnum! I love the idea of a character with magical "augmentations" that have a floating set of points that give bonuses to those traits based on the augmentations shaped that day. I thought they were fun to play in 3.5 but were lacking in mechanical power and support in an overpowered-splatbook fiesta edition.

Binders (or at least a warlock invocation set approximating them) because I think that would be pretty interesting. There's so much lore there, the book could be entirely their vestiges.

Truenamers would be neat, now that skill optimization is pretty simple. Much easier to balance.

Man_Over_Game
2019-01-03, 03:46 PM

Librarian guardian of knowledge. He REALLY likes books, and decided to become a librarian. However, becoming a librarian is a LOT harder than he thought, and a lot more dangerous when ancient scripts are involved, so he was trained in self defense, casting magic, and all that jazz.

Sure, he worships the god of books (Oghma), he can set people on fire, and he kinda has a higher calling now, but deep deep down, he's really just a nerd who likes books.

Some people aren't born into a temple. Sometimes, they just have a deep respect for what that temple represents, and find value in their beliefs by joining a cult clergy.

JumboWheat01
2019-01-03, 04:29 PM
Librarian guardian of knowledge. He REALLY likes books, and decided to become a librarian. However, becoming a librarian is a LOT harder than he thought, and a lot more dangerous when ancient scripts are involved, so he was trained in self defense, casting magic, and all that jazz.

Sure, he worships the god of books (Oghma), he can set people on fire, and he kinda has a higher calling now, but deep deep down, he's really just a nerd who likes books.

Some people aren't born into a temple. Sometimes, they just have a deep respect for what that temple represents, and find value in their beliefs by joining a cult clergy.

I am totally stealing that for my next Knowledge Cleric.

HappyDaze
2019-01-03, 04:30 PM

Don't even really have to have the god part in there; he can simply "worship" knowledge as a concept where books & scrolls are effectively holy symbols (divine focus is now the cool word for it).

Psyren
2019-01-03, 08:01 PM
Dark Sun stuff.

Psionics.

It's been too long.

Hey, they taste great together!

Or both (Cadderly.)

Smitty Wesson
2019-01-03, 08:07 PM
I want to see more adventure books like Yawning Portal: a bunch of short adventures instead of a big one that goes from 1st to 10th level.

What I came in here to say. Alternately, more stuff like Dragon Heist that is in a lower level range.

On the pipe dream side of things, Lost Mines of Phandelver style levels 1-5 adventures for other settings. It would be great to see as well-designed an adventure included in an introductory book for Eberron, Planescape, or Dark Sun.

Benny89
2019-01-04, 06:37 PM
Before new stuff I would like:

1. Making STR competetive to DEX in terms of all good stuff or just make DEX less good. Like removing Initiative from it.
2. Making INT more attractive (besides being Wizard)- maybe by moving Initiative to it.
3. Making Beast Master good
4. Making possible (by RAW, not homerule) to make DEX Barbarians (maybe by subclass).

As for new stuff:

1. Archmage/Red Wizard sublcass for wizard
2. Psionics, but please not making them melee oriented or damage oriented but actually make them really cool utility/CC/mind controlling class... Please no more melee multiclass psionic builds....

Waterdeep Merch
2019-01-04, 07:01 PM
I'd like to see another player-centric book this year, akin to Xanathar's. There's two full classes that could warrant it and roughly a billion concepts that could make it as subclasses. And if they do go that route, a published and balanced Ranger rebuild would be great, too.

Feats, too. Nearly every table uses them and there's a lot of design space left to fill. While I don't want to see any massive power creep, a cornucopia of good combat feats would result in a more even playing experience for the martials, especially the Fighter given how many they can get over the course of their career.

Mass combat rules worth using. I had to make my own, and while they work, I'd like to see an 'official' take that isn't as hopelessly busted as the UA set.

Adventuring rules are high on my hopeful list. I hadn't realized it before the complex traps rules, but the basic expectation of everything being handled either by a simple skill check or a spell that handwaves it makes the exploration pillar more boring than it has to be. Something like those complex trap rules could do wonders to flesh things out and make the adventuring part of adventures more fun and rewarding.

Piggybacking on that, good social rules. My thespians aside, some of my players either prefer simulationism or just aren't any good at public speaking and, again, handling these things as a single check or spell is boring. Some ideas for spicing up a game with nuanced political intrigue, bartering, or even hostile negotiations could be fun.

Tl;dr- I want new toys to make my games more fun for everyone, be they the player or the DM.

HappyDaze
2019-01-04, 08:13 PM
And if they do go that route, a published and balanced Ranger rebuild would be great, too.

I would prefer they leave the Ranger alone and add another class instead, otherwise I gain nothing. Consider:

PHB: Ranger
New book: An all-new class!

vs.

PHB: Ranger
New book: Ranger (redux)

If they want to publish a revised Ranger, it should be in a free online errata for the PHB, not in another product.

Jame Rowe
2019-01-04, 09:07 PM
Psionics

These, even if something equivalent to what they did with the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron.

But first of all, a Greyhawk conversion. Again, it can be equivalent to the Wayfinder's Guide.

Bukowski
2019-01-05, 07:37 AM
If you’re looking to play a witch, a Lore Bardlock is a pretty close bet.

Reflavor Cutting Words to another kind of hex or curse you inflict, use Magical Secrets to pick up Animate Dead or Spiritual Guardians (reflavored to spooky spirits).

Many thanks for that suggestion, Trustypeaches. It is certainly worth looking at. I'm trying to get as close to the original character as possible, and within the books she is explicitly referred to many times as a "WITCH", albeit one who deals with the undead as part of her skill set.

Also: Witches are just cool!

Yora
2019-01-05, 07:45 AM
I am probably going to take Lore Bard with the Cleric spell list as priests for my campaign.
Or you could use the druid list to get a shaman.

mephnick
2019-01-05, 07:59 AM
1. Making STR competetive to DEX in terms of all good stuff or just make DEX less good. Like removing Initiative from it.

Strength is already competitive with Dex if you are playing DnD traditionally. Athletics in a wilderness/dungeon crawl is worth all the Dex skills put together, in combat and out. Initiative is the most over-rated stat in the entire game. Like the difference between a +0 and a +3 is going to matter over the long run on a d20 roll. Half the time (like as a Rogue) I *don't want* to win initiative because I need people in place before I do things and don't want to rely on a Ready Action. Strength gets better armour with less investment and better melee weapon options. Failing Dex Saves is just damage. Failing Strength saves can put you in really bad situations. Encumbrance, admittedly, was deliberately negated in 5e because the design team is a bunch of wusses who probably hand-waved it in previous editions. So..got me there. But still, I'll never get this DEX GOD STAT meme that instantly popped up because they simply allowed Dex to damage, ignoring how useless the stat actually is for most of the game.

HappyDaze
2019-01-05, 09:58 AM
Many thanks for that suggestion, Trustypeaches. It is certainly worth looking at. I'm trying to get as close to the original character as possible, and within the books she is explicitly referred to many times as a "WITCH", albeit one who deals with the undead as part of her skill set.

Also: Witches are just cool!

Again, what do you need your "witch" class to do that cannot be covered with the existing rules beyond just having the word "witch" written under class on your character sheet?

EggKookoo
2019-01-05, 10:07 AM
Again, what do you need your "witch" class to do that cannot be covered with the existing rules beyond just having the word "witch" written under class on your character sheet?

Some players see a class as a concept, with the features of that class supporting that concept. In that case, a bard is a bard and not a witch. Some players see a class as a collection of features, and the concept presented by the game as being one possible option, but not necessarily the only one. In that case, a bard (or a bard/warlock) could be a witch.

I think most people have a strong preference for one approach and are resistant to try out the other approach. I default to the "class as concept" approach mainly out of laziness.

HappyDaze
2019-01-05, 10:17 AM
Some players see a class as a concept, with the features of that class supporting that concept. In that case, a bard is a bard and not a witch. Some players see a class as a collection of features, and the concept presented by the game as being one possible option, but not necessarily the only one. In that case, a bard (or a bard/warlock) could be a witch.

I think most people have a strong preference for one approach and are resistant to try out the other approach. I default to the "class as concept" approach mainly out of laziness.

OK. Laziness I can understand even if I don't personally accept it, but really then warlock and witch really are talking about the same thing other than the gender associations of each title. Even for the supremely lazy, warlock = witch is an easy bridge to cross.

Millstone85
2019-01-05, 10:21 AM
As discussed in another thread, they are now teasing something sea-related (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?577826-New-products-coming-to-5e-this-year).

This is something I didn't know I wanted. I will be especially happy if it goes underwater.

Max_Killjoy
2019-01-05, 10:39 AM

In campaigns where we didn't like 'religious type required for healer' (this was back when healing was pretty much cleric-only) we allowed king's advisors, sages, etc. to use the cleric class mechanics. Lore bard might now be the preferred expression of that role, but I can see the Knowledge Cleric making the leap as well.

I am totally stealing that for my next Knowledge Cleric.

Don't even really have to have the god part in there; he can simply "worship" knowledge as a concept where books & scrolls are effectively holy symbols (divine focus is now the cool word for it).

How far are we willing to bend this for a character who is notably areligious, skeptical, and suspicious of faith?

Trustypeaches
2019-01-05, 11:21 AM
OK. Laziness I can understand even if I don't personally accept it, but really then warlock and witch really are talking about the same thing other than the gender associations of each title. Even for the supremely lazy, warlock = witch is an easy bridge to cross.
And again, it doesn't take much to reflavor a Lore Bard.

Vicious Mockery
Bane
Synaptic Static
Heat Metal
Faerie Fire
(basically anything)

These can all be reflavored curses and hexes you inflict on others. You can grab any additional flavor spells like Animate Undead or Spiritual Guardians through Magical Secrets.

That said, I would like a new "Shaman" or "Spiritualist" or "Witch" class that was more focused on manipulating spiritual energy and creatures souls, but for what the above poster is wants, a Lore Bard seems pretty perfect.

Sception
2019-01-05, 11:23 AM
noncasting variants of rangers and paladins

I definitely want more character options, class variants, and subclasses of all sorts, but how do you envision non-casting rangers and paladins such that they would be meaningfully distinct from just fighters with naturey or priestly backgrounds respectively? Or, in the case of a noncasting paladin that still had some sort of smite ability, from a paladin who just chooses to use all their slots smiting?

Cyclops08
2019-01-05, 11:42 AM
Hardback book: a new world setting
Boxed set: an old setting updated for 5e
Paperback: adventure modules like we used to get

Small stuff: Magic items for neglected classes like monks and warlocks

Willie the Duck
2019-01-05, 01:33 PM
How far are we willing to bend this for a character who is notably areligious, skeptical, and suspicious of faith?

Eh, yeah, in that case you're just using the cleric base (armored, single-attack, pseudo-martial full spellcaster) and re-building, rather than re-flavoring, the fluff.

the_brazenburn
2019-01-05, 05:43 PM
I definitely want more character options, class variants, and subclasses of all sorts, but how do you envision non-casting rangers and paladins such that they would be meaningfully distinct from just fighters with naturey or priestly backgrounds respectively? Or, in the case of a noncasting paladin that still had some sort of smite ability, from a paladin who just chooses to use all their slots smiting?

Well obviously they would have the "Base Features" of the class, which I see as smites and auras for paladins, and Favored Enemy/Natural Explorer-ish things for rangers. I would just like to remove those features from spell slots, and give variations with other sorts of abilities (let's be honest, when did you last use a paladin spell that didn't end in _Smite in combat?).

Gydian
2019-01-05, 06:12 PM
WGtE in hardcover (with Artificer and Psionic)

More magic items of all rarities.

More Feats racial and non-racial

Im probably alone in this but; modern magic and modern campaign setting stuff.

AL rules that don't suck.

Other settings like Eberron and Spellgammers

Petrocorus
2019-01-06, 12:20 AM
* For Eberron to be finished (and fixed for some of the options)

** The psionicS. With two classes, please. Or one classes but with also psionics subclasses for the Monk and the Fighter.

** The artificer.

* More short campaigns like LMoP.

* For the Ranger to be revised in a way that allows him to properly do his jobs, and not just to be a rather good DPR. When it comes to tracking, scouting, stealth, skirmishing or utilities, the PHB Ranger can be outdone by basically any class that tries.

* Spelljammer, Planescape, Dark Sun.

* Maybe more support to the campaign settings. The game is 4 years old now and the first setting is still only half-described.

DanyBallon
2019-01-06, 11:46 AM
As far as adventure goes, I'd like to see a new take on the Rod of Seven Parts, and Age of Worms (if WotC do owns the right to it...)

Temperjoke
2019-01-06, 12:19 PM
Something else I'd like to see, a sorcerer origin that's more based on magical lineage, but without the randomness that the Wild Magic subclass has/implies.

EggKookoo
2019-01-06, 12:29 PM
Something else I'd like to see, a sorcerer origin that's more based on magical lineage, but without the randomness that the Wild Magic subclass has/implies.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vNqHxzNybFM/UCMu3ZLOXtI/AAAAAAAAD0Q/uZfFvvYVa-g/s1600/Dragonslayer_14.jpg

Petrocorus
2019-01-06, 12:41 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vNqHxzNybFM/UCMu3ZLOXtI/AAAAAAAAD0Q/uZfFvvYVa-g/s1600/Dragonslayer_14.jpg

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EggKookoo
2019-01-06, 02:22 PM
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this movie. Highly underrated.

Sception
2019-01-07, 09:20 AM
(let's be honest, when did you last use a paladin spell that didn't end in _Smite in combat?).

I mean, personally? All the time. Like, *all* the time. Especially when I play Conquest Paladins, which are constantly casting bless, spiritual weapon, fear, etc, and the only smite they ever unleash is the wrathful kind. But if you don't? If you already only use your paladin slots for smites, then how doesn't the current paladin already fill your desire for a non-spellcasting paladin? You want a paladin who doesn't cast spells, but still smites, and that sounds identical to how you're implying the current paladin already works for you.

BLC1975
2019-01-07, 09:43 AM
More monsters, more loot (magic items) and more Campaign Settings.

Yora
2019-01-07, 12:12 PM
The same thing we would like to see every year, Pinky. Moar Monsters!

Though I have to say I almost never use any monsters that weren't converted half a dozen times from the first Monster Manual and Fiend Folio. But there is always the hope for something new and amazing.

NorthernPhoenix
2019-01-07, 02:30 PM
I'm gonna be That Guy and say: More Forgotten Realms! Specifically, More Forgotten Realms outside of the Sword Coast.

HappyDaze
2019-01-07, 05:29 PM
I'm gonna be That Guy and say: More Forgotten Realms. Specifically, More Forgotten Realms outside of the Sword Coast.

Don't be That Guy.

JumboWheat01
2019-01-07, 05:33 PM
Don't be That Guy.

But That Guy is a cool dude, doesn't deserve all the hate he gets.

That said, I wouldn't say no to more of the Realms if it's away from the Sword Coast. It's practically a whole 'nother setting itself while still having the same base.

I still want an adventure set in and around Thay.

Knaight
2019-01-07, 06:18 PM
I want to not see 6e. Beyond that 5e mostly matters to me in terms of how it brings new players into the hobby, who might then go elsewhere and get involved in parts I care about more (that and the whole lingua franca thing), so that has some impact. As such:

I'd like to see microsettings. A book with something like 6 of them that all explicitly only use some of 5e's content, add a bit just for them, and wildly diverge could be a lot of fun. There's obvious restrictions on on how far afield that can go, but a full arthurian setting that goes Pendragon-Light? A post apocalyptic setting set mere months after the apocalypse? An underworld setting where the PCs are the recently dead, full of ghosts and shadows of the surface world? The genuinely out there I haven't thought of? It's some much needed variety, it introduces the idea of toolkit systems to the D&D crowd, and it could be generally fun.

Similarly I always had a soft spot for Frostburn/Stormwrack/Sandstorm/etc. at least conceptually, for all that I disliked the mechanics. Another microsetting book that's basically those but smaller could also be fun.

Sigreid
2019-01-07, 06:24 PM
But That Guy is a cool dude, doesn't deserve all the hate he gets.

That said, I wouldn't say no to more of the Realms if it's away from the Sword Coast. It's practically a whole 'nother setting itself while still having the same base.

I still want an adventure set in and around Thay.

Well, if we get more FR, can it include a campaign where all of there eternal special characters like Elminster and Drizzt tragically and permanently die?

2D8HP
2019-01-07, 06:59 PM
Well, if we get more FR, can it include a campaign where all of there eternal special characters like Elminster and Drizzt tragically and permanently die?

:confused: And the tragedy would be?

HappyDaze
2019-01-07, 07:21 PM
:confused: And the tragedy would be?

That we could have gotten something new that was never tainted with those characters in the first place.