PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Star Wars d20 Revised Advice & Houserules

ColorBlindNinja
2019-01-02, 01:09 PM
From what I can tell, Star Wars d20 Revised isn't an especially well put together system.

I wanted some advice as what to houserules would be best to make the system better.

I can't use Saga, as I'm running a crossover with D&D 3.5 and a couple other d20 systems. This thread has the details on that if you're curious. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?577033-Massive-d20-Crossover-Advice-amp-House-Rules)

I already plan to swap the Vitality point and Wound system for regular HP and I was heavily considering removing the Vitality point costs for using the Force.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Kyrell1978
2019-01-02, 01:20 PM
From what I can tell, Star Wars d20 Revised isn't an especially well put together system.

I wanted some advice as what to houserules would be best to make the system better.

I can't use Saga, as I'm running a crossover with D&D 3.5 and a couple other d20 systems. This thread has the details on that if you're curious. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?577033-Massive-d20-Crossover-Advice-amp-House-Rules)

I already plan to swap the Vitality point and Wound system for regular HP and I was heavily considering removing the Vitality point costs for using the Force.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

We usually allowed for vitality points to use force, but also created a separate pool of points to draw from (much like power points in 3.5 psionics or force points in the KTOR game). If I recall correctly we did 4 points per level for guardians and 6 for consulars but it's been a while. We also allowed armor to affect AC rather than just used it as DR for wound points.

ColorBlindNinja
2019-01-02, 01:31 PM
We usually allowed for vitality points to use force, but also created a separate pool of points to draw from (much like power points in 3.5 psionics or force points in the KTOR game). If I recall correctly we did 4 points per level for guardians and 6 for consulars but it's been a while.

Why use both vitality points and another resource management system?

Also, how many points did it cost to use each Force skill?

We also allowed armor to affect AC rather than just used it as DR for wound points.

I hadn't planned to change the armor at all.

Kyrell1978
2019-01-02, 01:36 PM
Why use both vitality points and another resource management system?

Also, how many points did it cost to use each Force skill?

I hadn't planned to change the armor at all.

We directly translated the cost on a one for one basis. We allowed the use of vitality so that you could still use force powers after your pool was used up but at a steeper cost. In fluff terms you were sacrificing a bit of your own life force to enact the power. The armor class issue was just a preference of ours. The defense mechanic built into the classes is ok also. We used both, since shields and magical enhancement bonuses weren't really a part of that game it pretty much evened out with the 3.5 system as far as AC went.

ColorBlindNinja
2019-01-02, 01:37 PM
We directly translated the cost on a one for one basis. We allowed the use of vitality so that you could still use force powers after your pool was used up but at a steeper cost. In fluff terms you were sacrificing a bit of your own life force to enact the power.

I see.

Thank you for your advice.

Kyrell1978
2019-01-02, 03:02 PM
I see.

Thank you for your advice.

I'm not sure if it helps in your case, it's just what we did. It worked out alright, but we were just playing the revised edition Star Wars, not trying to blend it with 3.5. The biggest problem I see with that is that RAW Spells > Force.....kind of always......in every way.

ColorBlindNinja
2019-01-02, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure if it helps in your case, it's just what we did. It worked out alright, but we were just playing the revised edition Star Wars, not trying to blend it with 3.5.

True enough, thank you for the suggestion anyway.

The biggest problem I see with that is that RAW Spells > Force.....kind of always......in every way.

Yeah, which is part of the reason I was thinking of axing the vitality point cost and just letting Force Users use their abilities at will.