PDA

View Full Version : Chortan's Guild: Episode 3: Twinkle Twinkle Flaming Meteor

Gunhaven
2019-01-04, 09:07 AM
Each individual is approached by a messenger, suited to their own tastes, that sticks around just long enough to deliver a simple message. Chortan has need of their assistance once more and he requests that they make their way to one of the meeting rooms. There's an under laying sense of urgency, as they've grown to expect when they're called upon, although it's not directly stated. Before any conversations can be started the messenger bids the powerful individuals a good day and continues on their way.

Once more Chortan approaches the assembled group of like-powered individuals and once more he speaks. ”The latest mission involves some hopefully minor investigation. We had received a request from the Golarion branch of some object streaking through the night sky. From the description I believe it to be a meteor and would like you to confirm such. If it isn’t then investigate what it was and return with a full report. Are there any questions?” He lingers for a few minutes as he lets the information sink in, awaiting the expected inquiries.

ChaoticHarmony
2019-01-04, 11:15 AM
Izzy walks into the meeting room first, its long, bulgy body barely scraping through the doorway. The form it has taken most recently being almost comical in appearance, as it appears as a bright blue caterpillar with an old man's face. As the Guildmaster gives their assignment, Izzy strokes its flat chin in contemplation. "Where exactly in Golarion was the object seen, Guildmaster? It would certainly be helpful to have a starting point. Also, is this to be a recovery mission, or will it be a simple confirmation of what the object is?"

Illven
2019-01-04, 07:39 PM
Return here, or return to the golarion branch? Heather lets out.

Jack_Simth
2019-01-04, 11:53 PM
Disguised as a healthy young elf woman, slightly slenderer than most, with light blond hair and silver gray eyes... to cover that she's 'not all there' in the physical sense, Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros considers, and asks "As a starting point, could you provide contact information for some of the folks we know saw it - names, addresses, how to recognize them, that sort of thing - so we can interview them to get a better idea of the direction, brightness, speed, and so on of the event?"

Gunhaven
2019-01-05, 12:10 AM
For a few seconds Chortan seems to think before he finally says "I believe the call for aid comes from a...Roderic's Cove. If you find anything of note you may return with it and we can store it within the Guildhall lest someone else stumbles across it, although as far as my reports state it appears to be a meteor or some other celestial object. I will arrange for your return here once the mission is completed so that you may give a full report. As for contacts...the Knodston's of Creekside Tavern and Inn have agreed to work with us."

Roderic's Cove is located within Varisia. A map of the area is here (https://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/c/c8/Varisia_map.jpg). Roderic's Cove is about in the middle of the map, above Churlwood, to the East of Riddleport, on the coast.
Roderic's Cove (https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Roderic%27s_Cove) only has one inn. The Knodston's run it.

Jack_Simth
2019-01-06, 10:37 AM
In her usual guise, Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros considers, nods, and says "OK then. I have Shadow Walk ready as usual, unless anyone else has a better method for getting there."
Kn(Local, Geography, and History) are at +12. I make the DC's taking ten. Also Kn(The Planes) at same to find the place when we go.

ChaoticHarmony
2019-01-06, 11:04 AM
Izzy smiles weakly, the scar on its forehead burning slightly. "No such luck from me. I am ready whenever everyone else is." Izzy walks over toward Darshee, prepared for her to cast her spell.

greenpotato
2019-01-07, 12:08 AM
The tome flaps its pages. "Yes!" It cackles "Let us inquisition these Knotstones!" It says with a dry crinkly voice.

Kaouse
2019-01-08, 08:02 PM
Casmar looks up from his book. "Oh? A Meteor? That's actually quite interesting. You know, there are countless stories about falling stars and meteors. Some say that they grant a wish to those that first find them. Others say that metal made from meteorite ore has special properties. I can't wait to verify if any of those stories are true."

All of Casmar's Knowledge skills are at +25 before rolling.

Depending on if the party needs it, he can utilize one of the floating feats he gains after completing a seance in combination with the floating feat from the Champion Monomyth to grab the Berserker Sphere as well as the Legendary Talent, Rift Strike. This allows him to teleport himself and 4 other people up to 1400 miles away, at the cost of being incurably exhausted for 1 full hour afterwards. It's faster than Shadow Walk, but it might not be able to get the whole party, and if we're expecting any trouble at the other side, it might be problematic to have him exhausted for an hour. What do you guys think?

Jack_Simth
2019-01-08, 11:22 PM
The seeming elf nods, and says "Let's be off, then," finds a suitably shady spot, gathers folks around, and sees about her spell....Probably not worth the drawback on a melee-focused build under most circumstances.

Also, of course, casting Shadow Walk, unless anyone objects, to take us to the target zone.

Gunhaven
2019-01-09, 01:15 AM
Easily enough the group finds themselves outside the simple town of Roderic's Cove, walking the remaining distance. By the time they enter the town proper the sun is starting to crest. The natives are wise enough to know powerful individuals when they see them and give everyone a wide berth, directing the group to the inn in question. A pair of humans are inside, both making their way around the dining area and cleaning up from what appears to be an average enough lunch service.

The male pauses when the group enters and seems taken aback by the more monstrous members of the group before he remembers who he's dealing with. He stammers out a "S...sorry. W...we dinna think you'd sh...show" before the female ushers him back into the kitchen. She then turns to the group and says "You'll have to forgive Thevin. I trust you all are from Chortan? It's been a month now since the...meteor? We haven't been able to investigate it and I'm more concerned with making ends meet than the stars above."

Roderic's Cove is a simple town, and even its most affluent residents never walk around with flashy clothes and items. Most buildings are made from timber, though some of the older homes have a stone-walled ground floor. Gravel made from shells paves the streets throughout town, and a small creek (Olivia Creek) powers a mill and provides fresh water.[7] Just south of the town, sprawls the expansive tangles of the Churlwood.[8]

Here's a good map of the town. (https://returnoftherunelords-1.obsidianportal.com/wiki_pages/roderics-cove)

Jack_Simth
2019-01-09, 08:16 AM
The dead fey quietly makes a note to prepare and cast Plant Growth tomorrow, as she responds "That's understandable... and, of course, why we're here." She smiles, and continues"But before we get down to business, what's been giving you trouble?"

Kaouse
2019-01-10, 12:13 PM
Casmar will attempt to assuage the people's concerns with a Diplomacy check, from one human to another.
Casmar also has a +25 to his Diplomacy check. If possible, he'll attempt to take 10 on the check for a 35.

After hearing the folks talk about their issues, his brows will furrow as he asks, "It's been a month, and we've only just learned of this issue today? It's been a month, and nobody has so much as gone to even see the meteorite? I would assume that basic curiosity would be enough for some to mount an expedition. The only reason why they wouldn't is if there's some kind of obvious danger associated with it. Can you tell us more about the situation?"

greenpotato
2019-01-12, 04:17 PM
The book seems to mutter and chuckle to itself but it has the common sense to holds its pages and refrains from rebuking the villagers.

Gunhaven
2019-01-13, 04:01 AM
Garleena blinks a couple of times before she composes herself once more and says "We're simple villagers who are dealing more with Riddleport than the Churlwood. As for the delay...I think there was some paperwork? I had contacted the guild as best as I could the day after the impact." She holds up a finger in the universal one moment gesture and moves behind the bar and into a simple office, going through paperwork, and coming back with a page. She opts to hand it off to the human, revealing that it's all according to what she's said so far. She then adds as an excuse "The goblins haven't been causing a problem since the meteor crashed down so maybe it wasn't flagged as important?"

Jack_Simth
2019-01-14, 07:53 AM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros considers, nods, says "... and as goblins aren't wont to simply vanish, it's reasonable to consider that they might have gotten involved somehow - whether that's 'wiped out by', 'occupied by', or 'taken over by' the event... hmm. Perchance do you know where the object came down?"

Gunhaven
2019-01-16, 10:05 AM
Thevin emerges from the back with a rolled up parchment and unfurls it onto the, by this point, clean bar. Garleena then points to the west of town and says "They say the thing came out of the sky in this direction." She moves her finger toward the Churlwood to the southeast as she adds "I saw it apparently impact the mountains here," tapping what those with a basic understanding of geography can tell is the edge of the Fogscar Mountains (http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Fogscar_Mountains). "Our best guess is that it's the southeast of that point, there's a faint smoke trail that's been coming from that area ever since the impact at least. It'd take us about a day to hike there, I imagine it'd be quicker for all of you."

ChaoticHarmony
2019-01-16, 06:51 PM
Izzy remains just outside the tavern, as it is self conscious of its long bulbous body trying to squeeze through the door of the tavern. It remains in ear shot however, and listens intently, wishing it had its former master's knowledge to help guide it. "A month later and there is still a visible trail of smoke? I don't believe that is a normal thing on the Material Plane, correct? Hmmm....Darshee, would you happen to have another Shadow Walk prepared? If not, I do not mind carrying a couple people. It even might be better to walk, for there may be clues we can happen upon as we travel."

Jack_Simth
2019-01-16, 10:52 PM
Izzy remains just outside the tavern, as it is self conscious of its long bulbous body trying to squeeze through the door of the tavern. It remains in ear shot however, and listens intently, wishing it had its former master's knowledge to help guide it. "A month later and there is still a visible trail of smoke? I don't believe that is a normal thing on the Material Plane, correct? Hmmm....Darshee, would you happen to have another Shadow Walk prepared? If not, I do not mind carrying a couple people. It even might be better to walk, for there may be clues we can happen upon as we travel."

In her elf guise, Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros nods, and replies with "Getting around quickly is always useful; that's a spell I try not to be short on. I can cast it again, no problem at all. As to the smoke... you'd be surprised how long something can burn. A wildfire can smoulder for well over a month, subsisting on the root systems of trees, the denser woods, or the detritus on the forest floor - especially if there isn't a good rainstorm to quench it. Assuming that the impact sparked a blaze, that's not - of itself - overly unusual. The goblins, though... " she turns to Thevin "[COLOR="#003200"]How much do you know about them?[/quote]"

Gunhaven
2019-01-19, 07:23 PM
Thevin shrugged and said "They've been a problem in the past, especially for those that venture into the woods. Since the impact, though, they haven't been spotted by anyone. We'd be too lucky if that meteor wiped them all out." He seemed to catch himself and quickly added "N...Not all the goblins, of course, j..just the ones in that region that have been a thorn in our side since we settled here" with his voice tapering off towards a whisper as he realized the possibility that there could be goblins in Chortan's Guild. He returned to the back as Garleena said "He means well, he just needs to work on thinking before he speaks."

Illven
2019-01-20, 03:04 AM
Of course it's possible whatever was in the meteor now has the goblins under its sway. Heather mused outloud.

Kaouse
2019-01-20, 11:55 PM
Casmar picks up from Heather's musings, "Or perhaps it's the opposite. There are tons of stories that talk about the mythical qualities of metal made from meteorites. And Goblins are known to be quite the... innovative race. For all we know, the reason there hasn't been much word on the goblins movements is because they're preoccupied with a larger project. Either way, we'll take it from here. Thank you for your hospitality."

With that, Casmar and the others will gather around Darshee for her Shadow Walk.

Gunhaven
2019-01-27, 01:07 AM
The journey is amazingly short, taking just under an hour to get close to the source of the smoke. Through the trees, 600 feet away, it can barely be seen: that the smoking crater doesn't have any sort of meteorite anyone has seen before. A vaguely cone shaped object split in two that's roughly 200 feet long, 110 feet at the widest point, and 60 feet high that's obviously mechanical in nature. The keenest eyes among the group can already make out movement next to the object while the keenest ears can hear movement within the clearing and a slight whirling sound throughout the forest.

The group has long enough to reorient to the new locale before a small group of aberrations approach the group. Four Otyughs, two with four tentacles while the other two have three, travel with eight goblins that have been...mutated by something. A couple have dragonfly wings, four of them have a third arm jutting out of their gut, and the remaining two don't seem to have anything immediately wrong with them. One of the "normal" ones is the one that speaks in a broken common to the group. "You come visit crater, yes? Is gift from sky, yes."

Jack_Simth
2019-01-27, 10:41 PM
The corrupted nature spirit Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros blinks briefly, and tries not to show her keen interest in the ability of the thing to manipulate flesh as she considers how that might align with her personal goals as she smiles sweetly and replies "Yes, we did come to see the gift from the sky. I'm afraid we don't know anything of it, yet. What can you tell us of the Wonder?"

I figure Diplomancy and Bluff (I'm not lying at all, but I am masking the reason for my interest) are probably called for, here. A little Sense Motive too, in order to detect mental influence, lying, partial truths, et cetera:

Diplomancy: [roll0]
Bluff: [roll1]
Sense Motive: [roll2]

Also: I checked off the 6th level slot for another Shadow Walk.

Gunhaven
2019-02-02, 08:27 PM
The goblin chieftain, or the closest thing to one for the current group, breaks into a big toothy grin. You think you can tell that it's mutation is in the form of an acidic breath and venemous bite. His voice is cheerful as he starts to say in goblin "It came from the sky a month ago, smoking and fast! It crashed into the peak near our home and slammed into the forest, splitting in two!" He then pauses and starts over again in his common, speaking slower so he doesn't mess up his words. "Came from sky and crashed into mountain. We investigate, feel funny. Some die, others change, some change lots." He pets the otyugh closest to him and from the interaction you can guess that they're closer to the tribe's wolves horrendously mutated versus the group always having aberrations around.

He then frowns and looks back towards the object, saying "Dozen nights ago new things show up. Ten flying things with many arms left and entered ground. Metal Scorpion join Huge Metal Spider outside," he motions to where movement was spotted and continues. "We not go near Sky Gift, feel funny when too close, but think it colder near tip with Huge Metal Spider. Hair on end near other end, what left anyway." He laughs at his joke before turning back to the group and seeing if they understood his common.

If you guys want to you can give me Knowledge Planes and Engineering to try and translate what descriptions you've gotten / if you recognize the split object.

Jack_Simth
2019-02-04, 07:40 AM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros takes a moment to examine the indicated direction and consider the descriptions and sights

Kn(The Planes): [roll0]
Kn(Engineering): [roll1]
Perception: [roll2]

Edit: Oh, also: Permanent Arcane Sight, and no reason to ever turn off my Ring of X-Ray Vision. Is there any magic or hidden items nearby?

Kaouse
2019-02-04, 10:35 AM
Knowledge Planes: [roll0]
Knowledge Engineering: [roll1]

"How interesting. I don't suppose you'd be able to show us where this Sky Gift is?" Casmar asks.

ChaoticHarmony
2019-02-04, 11:42 AM
Izzy chuckles a little bit. "A little shortsighted Casmar? This goblin fellow is clearly referring to the giant structure straight ahead. What I am curious about is what this "Huge Metal Spider" he speaks of is." Izzy begins to walk towards the crater slowly, doing its best not to appear as a threat to the nearby goblins. Izzy peers closer to where it saw movement next to the 'meteor', trying to get a clearer view at what it could be.

Perception [roll0]

Illven
2019-02-04, 01:30 PM
Heather is smart.

Knowledge the planes [roll0]
Knowledge engineering [roll1]

Gunhaven
2019-02-05, 02:39 AM
Darshee, Casmer, and Heather can piece together that the “Huge Metal Spider” is actually a Retriever (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/retriever/).

Casmer and Heather can piece together that the meteor is most definitely not a meteor but something constructed. What exactly that might be is unsure but the shape is far too uniform to be natural. Combined with the fact that a retriever is present and something of worth (at least to some demon lord) is located in the vicinity (possibly near the tip).

The distance is technically too great for anything to be seen (I honestly forgot the increase when I said 600ft).

And just to get it out of the way now (since Darshee can just take a 10 and get a 34 on that heal check): Darshee recognizes that Radiation (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/traps-hazards-and-special-terrains/hazards/environmental-hazards/radiation/) is in play. No one has to worry about it yet, even if they aren’t immune to poison effects.

The goblins all give the eidolon plenty of berth as it moves to the edge of the clearing. From here it can feel the barest sense of what the goblin was talking about, the edge of the clearing marking the beginning of something...wrong. It’s as if the land is poisoned and, combined with what you’ve heard, altering those that stay too close to it for too long.

What’s more concerning than the poison is the subtle shift in the land. Now that you have a moment to recall information and take in the sight you can tell that where you’re at isn’t exactly a temperate forest like what you expected. Instead it’s apparently closer to a savannah, this revelation punctuated with the distant crashing of a tree. The goblins and their beasts don’t react at all to the sound; they’re either in awe of the group’s power, unobservant, or used to the sound.

Jack_Simth
2019-02-05, 08:32 AM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros suppresses the urge to curse as she asks the goblins, in Goblin "Might we also approach the sky-gift, to examine it and give it glory?"

She briefly switches to Celestial, repeating it in Draconic for Casmar's benefit "Radiation. Nasty stuff. From a thurmaturgic perspective, it's essentially a particularly bad poison; permanently saps a person's health, and makes folks weaker, although that last bit simple rest will eventually fix... I'm safe, and have a limited ability to clean up the damage... but I don't have the spells to handle it properly granted me at the moment. Tread carefully. I'll see about scouting...."

She switches exclusively to Draconic for one quick addition "Oh, and we may want to think about getting you some lessons in Celestial... it's good to have a less common language that everyone in the group can understand, for when we want to discuss things without being understood."

Pardon me if folks weren't planning on having their language abilities known.... but combat-speech is useful.

Looks like 4 out of 7 characters in the party have Tongues or an equivalent; otherwise, common is the only common tongue. Celestial comes close, with two of the three remaining.

Kaouse
2019-02-05, 09:21 AM
"Hmm...if none of us are capable of immunizing ourselves against Radiation, I could perhaps attempt a series of Reconfigurations that would allow me to cast Delay Poison, Communal. That should stave off the more serious effects for a while."

Casmar closes his eyes in concentration for a bit, and his glimmering robes shine and coalesce into a sphere before solidifying in the shape of a glorious golden breastplate. Despite this, Casmar remains deep in focus for a while longer, his aura visibly swelling and fading

Casmar just utilized Forge Destiny to change the legendary role he emulates from Archmage to Hierophant for a number of rounds equal to the greater of his Intelligence or half his caster level [9 rounds].

This costs psionic focus and a swift action, meaning that he'll have to recover psionic focus as a full round action afterwards to continue to the next part, which is using the manuever recovery option present in Initiator Soul, whereby he can expend his psionic focus as an immediate action to reassign up to 3 (1/4 levels) customization points for 1 minute.

In order to cast Delay Poison Communal, he needs a total of 6 Customization points devoted to Faith (2 CP at a time, taken 3 times[1 + 1/6 levels]). Thus, he needs to use and recover his martial focus 2-3 times, which takes 4-6 rounds.

Thus, he still has more than enough rounds remaining [2-4] to cast Delay Poison, Communal as a Hierophant [expending martial focus once more] before he switches back to being an Archmage. At which point, he'll have to wait a minute for his original customizations to return, and regain psionic focus.

"I'll look into picking up Celestial later," Casmar says, slightly winded from all the mental hoops he had to jump through.

Illven
2019-02-05, 12:50 PM
I'm flat out immune, thanks to the abyss. Heather remarks, going for a high five with Darshee.

Jack_Simth
2019-02-05, 11:01 PM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros fakes the high-five via telekinesis, and sees about scouting out the wreck.

Gunhaven
2019-02-06, 11:20 AM
The goblins nod eagerly, under the general assumption that the group wishes to join in worship of the strange object, and move to the side so that the group can easily approach it. Easily enough the corrupted nature spirit closes the distance towards the wreck, sticking close to the ground in case stealth is a concern. Looking at the ground itself reveals concentric circles as if something had burrowed underneath the ground in a steadily increasing radius, each circle 100 feet from the next one. Likewise the slight change in terrain is more evident the closer the nymph gets to the object. Otherwise the only obvious threat remains the huge construct that it knows is a Retriever after the group worked out the description and the gargantuan scorpion-like construct that isn't directly hostile to the other thing, both remain near the ship with only a glance towards the ghost's hidden location every couple of minutes.

Illven
2019-02-06, 03:24 PM
I'm guessing they speak you. Heather mindspeaks to Darshee.

ChaoticHarmony
2019-02-06, 08:55 PM
"So how has the Huge Metal Spider and the Metal Scorpion treated you since their arrival? Have they allowed you to approach the Sky Gift so you may bask in its glory? I would hate if we had to defend ourselves from them, it would take away from the experience I feel." Izzy says to the leading goblin as Darshee vanishes from sight. Believing Darshee will easily elude the sight of whatever creatures the goblin referred to, Izzy awaits the all clear to approach.

Jack_Simth
2019-02-06, 11:03 PM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros ducks underground once out of sight, navigating via the Ring of X-ray vision, to see if there's anything interesting in those burrows.

Gunhaven
2019-02-08, 10:55 AM
The goblin shakes his head and says "No. We try but they shoot....magic beam that burn?" He obviously doesn't quite grasp the right words for what weapons they used but from what the group has heard about retrievers the description matches at least one of their eye beams. Apparently the Metal Scorpion has a similar ability. After a moment he adds "They attack from far..." He pauses and tried to think of a good comparison, turning to his group and whispering some things in goblin. One of them runs off and eventually returns with what's clearly a shoddily made longbow.

---

Almost immediately the tunnels aren't quite...right. Each tunnel has one singular entrance that goes down ten feet before circling around and is filled with loose dirt, almost sand-like in consistency, that has specks of silver dust at every 180 feet (or at the entrance for the smaller tunnels). When stone is discovered the tunnels instead shift to smooth tunnels of clay walls with the same silver dust on those rare instances where the 180 feet interval happens. After the second tunnel it becomes obvious that whatever created them followed the same methods with each one and that it at least mimics the Soften Earth and Stone spell, even if it doesn't detect as magical.

ChaoticHarmony
2019-02-08, 11:21 AM
"Hmmm, so may I assume they interfere with your 'worship' then? If that is the case...." Izzy cracks the knuckles of both of its right hands. "It would be safe to assume that you would not be offended if my associates and I defended ourselves if they shoot their 'magic beams' at us, yes?" As they continue forward, a small but distinct change can be seen happening to Izzy. It seems to grow more muscular, his stride appear a touch more graceful, and his steps seem to want to propel him further.

Move Action to use Feral Aspect: Bull, Tiger, Stag

Illven
2019-02-08, 12:19 PM
I doubt it, but do you think the construct will listen to me, me being a demon? Heather muses outloud.

Kaouse
2019-02-08, 09:47 PM
"Probably not. These things seem like they are protecting the area, and are likely on command to attack anything that approaches on sight." Casmar says, gathering what information he could from the Goblins' words. "While there may be a way around them, it might be quicker to simply charge through and defeat them," Casmar adds. "If you wish, I can draw it's fire." With that, Casmar's eyes glow blue and everyone's hairs begin to stand on end.

Casmar has spent a spell point to gain a Momentum pool of 16! He can use Resilient Momentum to reduce ally damage by his casting ability mod (9) without spending an action.

You guys know by now that Casmar is generally quite a bit tougher than he seems.

Jack_Simth
2019-02-09, 12:01 AM
After a little exploring, the spectral nymph reports back to the group what she saw, and suggests in both Celestial and Draconic "If they're ordered to attack anything they see on sight, it's straightforward to get past them: A decoy. I'm not overly fast, but I'm reasonably durable - and if things get too 'hot' for me, I can just take cover, hide, and then meet up with the rest of you. Or I suppose we could just tear apart the constructs... they're not people, after all. Thoughts?"

Illven
2019-02-09, 12:58 AM
I'm all for tearing them apart. Heather remarks.

ChaoticHarmony
2019-02-09, 07:51 AM
Izzy chuckles a little. "I'll cover distraction duty if that works for you. I might not be able to fly or phase through solid objects, but I am much faster and bulkier than you. I'll charge forward if you guys hit from the sides."

Izzy dashes off, its many legs pumping furiously as it charges forward. As it moves, one could see another change in him, as his gait is reminiscent of a running dragon.

Initiative [roll0]
Swift Action: Dragon Style (unhampered by difficult terrain during a charge)
Move forward 120 ft(or 240 if allowed to run)
8/10 rds left of Feral Aspect

Jack_Simth
2019-02-10, 09:34 PM
The disguised spirit nods "All right, then..."
Init: [roll0]

And as for how such init happens: For a charisma-based build, the gem is a specific feat: Noble Scion (War) (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/noble-scion/). There's other ways to get there, but that's one of the simpler ones.

Kaouse
2019-02-12, 01:40 PM
"When it comes to closing the distance and tanking, I think I've got it covered, but I would certainly appreciate some speedy backup." With that, Casmar opens up his book and pulls out a crystal bookmark that refracts light around it into a tiny rainbow. As he focuses, pages from Casmar's book come apart and circle the bookmark and coalesce in the shape of a sword and shield. Casmar grabs the sword, and slashes at the air adjacent to him, creating a small rift only he can fit through.

Casmar has switched from emulating the Archmage to emulating the Guardian. He is right now attempting to use Ghost Step's medium range (240 ft total) teleportation ability to teleport directly above one of the enemies as a move action. He can then spend a swift action to use Defender's Oath on the creature he's directly under (-3 to all attacks and save DCs that don't target/include Casmar, Casmar deals +7 damage on attacks against it) before spending another move action to use Challenge on the other creature (-5 to attacks and Save DCs that don't target/include Casmar, creature gets +2 to attacks vs Casmar). For some reason I have it stuck in my head that there are 2 creatures. If there is only one, then both abilities target the same creature.

Note, Casmar has a 20ft30ft fly speed via Stellar Stompers (set to Sonic damage) with a poor (-4)average (-0) maneuverability. Disregarding the manuverability though, he has a +25 fly skill check (+21 total I guess). EDIT: I forgot that I had Lesser Akashic Catalysts applied to my Feet chakra. That boosts the essence in Stellar Stompers by +2, to a total of 5 rather than 3.

Also note that use of Ghost Step expends one psionic focus, specifically my psicrystal's focus from the feat, Psicrystal Containment. The psicrystal will then spend a full round action to regain it's psionic focus as per the feat, Psicrystal Reservoir.

[roll0]

How to get a high Initiative, the advanced course: Superior Psicrystal [Implanted] + Improved Psicrystal (x2) + Luckstone (w/ Fate's Favored) + Pale Green Prisms (w/ Heroic Echo).

Also helps with saves and skill checks.

Jack_Simth
2019-02-13, 10:41 PM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros, noting that the beasts seem to start to react to the death glare, sighs, and sees about holding the smallest one in place while she walks towards the goal.

Standard: Supernatural Telekenisis: Combat Manuevers. Grapple. CMB: [roll0]
Move: Walk the direction in question.

Recharge on TK: [roll1] rounds. However, sustained force lasts 15 rounds, so unless I drop it....

Gunhaven
2019-02-14, 08:52 AM
For a moment the spell looks like it'll hold, further solidified when the spider-like construct doesn't seem to react. Then the facade is dropped as a loud monotone voice calls out in a language that isn't understood without magic and the gargantuan scorpion moves with a quickness that it's size betrayed. It moved in front of the retriever, standing almost as if it was defending either thing behind it. Then it unleashed a torrent of...bullets that were decidedly more advanced than most firearms present on the world.

https://paizo.com/image/content/PathfinderCampaignSetting/PZO9226-Numeria.jpg

The construct calls out "Attackers detected! Initiating Self Defense Protocol #1A!"

The "Scorpion" moves around so that it is 30ft in front of the Retriever, which in turn is 30ft in front of the "meteor".
The "Scorpion" attacks. Two are against Casmar, Two are against Izzy. All four are against Touch AC (and I believe Izzy's Flat Footed Touch AC?).
C1A: [roll0]
C1D: [roll1]
C2A: [roll2]
C2D: [roll3]
If both hit then apply DR/Hardness only once.

I1A: [roll4]
I1D: [roll5]
I2A: [roll6]
I2D: [roll7]
If both hit then apply DR/Hardness only once.

Hilariously it goes Scorpion, Players, Retriever for Initiative.
New Distances:
Meteor

--30ft--
Retriever

--30ft--
Scorpion

--330ft--
Casmar, Izzy

--210ft--
Darshee

--30ft--
Heather, Tome

Kaouse
2019-02-14, 02:01 PM
Thanks to his total defense [+6 dodge bonus, 24 Touch --> 30 Touch], Casmar is able to deftly dodge the machine's futuristic projectiles. Seeing that the machine still targets his nearby ally with attacks, he will call out a word of advice in how best to minimize damage from the attack ("Take one step to the side!").

After doing so, he will continue to move forward towards the enemy. "The Retriever hasn't done anything yet, so we should probably focus down the Scorpion before dealing with it directly."

Swift Action Ghost Step[+240 ft] + Move Action Challenge [Guardian Sphere] the Scorpion (same enemy as Defender's Oath, yes) + Standard Action Total Defense

It now gets a +2 to attack me, and a -8 to attack anything else. It also takes a -8 to save DCs against anyone else, as well.

Psicrystal will spend it's full round action recovering the psionic focus expended by Ghost Step (really, just assume it always does this, it literally can't do anything else..barring the use of Solicit Psicrystal).

Also, I should note that the Overmind Monomyth allows me to spend power points to increase my Touch AC on a 1-to-1 basis, up to the maximum of the armor bonus it normally grants [+9]. I can do this as an immediate action, with no given restrictions as to before or after an enemy's attack roll. It only lasts for a single round. It'd be pretty expensive to spam this in a regular game, but here I have a lot of PP to spare, so it's no skin off my back.

3 Points: You add your Intelligence bonus or 1/2 your host of heroes level, whichever is higher, as an armor bonus to your AC. As an immediate action, you can spend a number of power points up to this AC bonus to also gain a bonus to your touch AC for one round equal to the number of power points spent.

I teleported 240 feet the first round, putting me at 360 ft away from the meteor, and 330 feet away from the Scorpion.
I am teleporting again for another 240 feet, so now I should be 120 feet away from the meteor, and 90 feet away from the Scorpion, AFAICT.

ChaoticHarmony
2019-02-15, 01:36 PM
Izzy roars in pain as the bullets pierce into his flesh. Despite the pain he keeps charging forward, the momentum of his bulky frame and encouragement from Casmar pushing him closer towards the scorpion.

Took 60 dmg -9 from using Casmar's Momentum Point.

Run 240 ft forward toward Scorpion

Feral Aspect: 7/10 rds left

Illven
2019-02-15, 11:45 PM
Heather intones a few words in arcane.

Casting Haste on the party.

Jack_Simth
2019-02-17, 10:00 AM
Seeing the destruction, and noting that she can't seem to hold the beast, the corrupted nature spirit growls a little under her breath, ducks underground, popping back up between beasts and her friends, shouting "Hey ugly! Over here!" as she waves her arms at it.
Oh, and Illven: "no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart" - from Haste. Given that we're a touch spread out, you'll need to specify who. I'd suggest either Cassimar and Izzy (as they're the ones getting shot at) or yourself and Tome.

As to my actions:
Flyby attack! Let's me split my move and put a standard in the middle while flying.
So:
1) Spend 5 feet of movement to go diagnolly underground. Where it's going to be dark.
2) Spend my standard action to cast Shadow Step, getting me 240 feet closer (running total: 245 forward, 5 feet down). Note that this does not have the same restrictions as Dimension Door on post-casting actions (also doesn't permit passengers, and is shorter range, and has other restrictions...).
3) Spend the rest of my movement to (25 feet remaining) to go 15 feet forward and 5 feet up diagnoally (running total: 265 feet forward, level with start)

Free action: Talk, wave arms.

Illven
2019-02-17, 07:49 PM
As to be Heather and tome, haste only has a range of like 60 feet.

Gunhaven
2019-02-18, 10:40 AM
The "Meteor" is most definitely not a meteor now that Casmar and Izzy draw closer to it. There's several burn marks on what appears to be metal, tarnishing what would've shined within the sunlight, and a clearly manmade aesthetic to it. Halfway down the length of it is a crack that's wide enough for Izzy to easily fit through that looks like it was caused by some unimaginable impact. The radiation that was felt at the edge of the clearing has noticeably picked up now that they're close enough to more easily observe the Object. If they were lesser beings, like the Goblins and Otyughs, they they'd have little hope to survive this close to the not meteor.

Sight seeing will have to be on hold as the Retriever moves next to the Scorpion and lets loose a singular eye beam at Izzy, knowing that it's odds of harming the human are lower after the Scorpion's first attempt. It then moves back, standing closer to the crack inside the object.

The Scorpion doesn't seem to either comprehend or care what the corrupted nature spirit is saying as it lets loose a stream of metal once more, covering a solid cone in front of it. It then shouts out something else in it's alien monotone that sounds similar to the first message at least. Fire then erupts from it's legs as it lifts into the air and, using the fire as an assist, leaps on top of the object. There's a slight creak from the gargantuan enemy landing on the object as it clatters, metal clicking against metal, awaiting to see what the group does next.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/warehouse/v1.0/publiccontent/e3b5c55d-5741-4eb5-ad2b-01fd7cf843c3

There's a crack about halfway down the length of it that looks like it was done by a violent impact. It nearly splits the object in two and is about 12ft wide at the ground, tapering off near the top.

Retriever moves forward and uses an Eye Beam against Izzy, then moves back towards the object.
[roll0] Fire Damage, DC 27 Reflex Save for half damage.

The Scorpion fills a 100ft cone with hot lead. It then moves back as well. I haven't applied any modifiers to it's attack since it's a singular attack against all targets. I'm open to suggestions on how to handle it (-8 to hit Izzy, +2 to hit Casmar? No change? +2 because it's technically hitting Casmar?)
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Meteor Object
Scorpion

--20ft from Object--
Retriever

--100ft from Retriever; 120ft from Object--
Casmar, Izzy

--185ft from Casmar, Izzy; 305ft from Object--
Darshee

--295ft from Darshee, 600ft from Object--
Heather, Tome

ChaoticHarmony
2019-02-18, 11:53 AM
Izzy deftly dodges the fiery blast from the Spider, its focus now turning to the 8 legged creature. Izzy flesh sizzles as it is blasted by the incoming wave of molten lead. Though he staggers for a quick second, he keeps his momentum going as he continues to go forward.

Izzy rushes up the Spider, tightening its four fists as it jumps up and smashes into the metallic beast with a flurry of punches.

Charge toward the Retriever (+2 to hit, -2 to AC till next turn)
Pounce evolution allows Full Attack Action
Brawler's Flurry
Hit 1 [roll0] Dmg [roll1]
Hit 2 [roll2] Dmg [roll3]
Hit 3.[roll4] Dmg [roll5]
Hit 4.[roll6] Dmg [roll7]
Hit 5.[roll8] Dmg [roll9]
Hit 6.[roll10] Dmg [roll11]
Hit 7.[roll12] Dmg [roll13]

I'll roll crits if I hit any

Edit: Feral Aspect: 6/10 rds remaining

Kaouse
2019-02-18, 12:46 PM
With his focus on defense, Casmar is barely able to dodge the automatic fire from the Scorpion. Having finally gotten into range though, he decides to switch gears into offense. Holding forth his weapon, the Paper Blade explodes into dozens of sheets of paper, with only the crystal bookmark left in Casmar's hands. The floating papers arrange themselves into origami birds and begin to fly towards the Scorpion at high speeds. After the attack, the origami birds fly back to Casmar and unfold, coalescing into a blade around his bookmark once more, before Casmar yet again opens a rift near his opponents.

Free Action: Quick Change [Guardian --> Archmage; can do as a free action 8/9 more times]

Free Action: Knowledge Check [Engineering, for Scorpion]: [roll0]. Thanks to Adept Analysis (from the Archmage), I get an insight bonus depending on how high I get on this check. My minimum check (31) gets me a +4 insight bonus to attack and damage against that all creature's of that type. 36 or higher gets me a +5 insight bonus to attack and damage against that creature. I will add the +4 bonus to my subsequent attacks, but if it's a 36 or higher, add +1 to the attack and damage.

Standard Action: Barrage *Expending Martial Focus* (At this level, Barrage gives me 6 attacks at a -10 penalty)
Range Increment = 120 feet.

Attack 1: [roll1] / Damage 1: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] / Damage 2: [roll4]
Attack 3: [roll5] / Damage 3: [roll6]
Attack 4: [roll7] / Damage 4: [roll8]
Attack 5: [roll9] / Damage 5: [roll10]
Attack 6: [roll11] / Damage 6: [roll12]

If this (combined with Izzy's attacks) kills the Scorpion early, than subsequent attacks target the Retriever (loosing 7 damage for not attacking the creature marked with Defender's Oath, but retaining the 4-5 damage from Adept Analysis due to both presumably having the same creature type: Construct. If this is not the case, subtract the extra 4-5 damage.) All damage done is of my active energy type, which will generally always be sonic damage unless otherwise mentioned. If the creature seemingly has resistance to sonic damage, then subsequent attacks will use the default damage type chosen at the start of the day, which should generally always be piercing.

Thanks to Linked Striking, attacks after the first successful hit basically gain the bane weapon property against that specific creature (resets when attacking another creature). I won't include it unless necessary though, since I'm pretty sure that it's probably already overkill given Izzy's damage.

Free Action: Quick Change [Archmage --> Guardian; can do as a free action 7/9 more times]

Move Action: Guardian Sphere Challenge [Retriever]

Swift Action: Ghost Step [B]*Expends Psionic Focus*

Psicrystal Full Round Action: Recover Psionic Focus

Jack_Simth
2019-02-19, 08:13 AM
Still too far away to do much, the disguised spirit largely repeats her last tactic, ducking underground and popping up much closer than she should be able to do....

As to my actions:
Flyby attack! Let's me split my move and put a standard in the middle while flying.
So:
1) Spend 5 feet of movement to go diagnolly underground. Where it's going to be dark.
2) Spend my standard action to cast Shadow Step, getting me 240 feet closer (running total: 245 forward, 5 feet down). Note that this does not have the same restrictions as Dimension Door on post-casting actions (also doesn't permit passengers, and is shorter range, and has other restrictions...).
3) Spend the rest of my movement to (25 feet remaining) to go 15 feet forward and 5 feet up diagnoally (running total: 265 feet forward, level with start = 40 feet from object, 20 from Retriever)

Fortunately, this finally puts me in Close casting distance of the melee folks.

Gunhaven
2019-02-21, 09:54 AM
The Retriever has definitely seen better days but remains defiant, knowing that it’ll suffer a fate worse than death if it returned to the Abyss with whatever it was looking for. It pointed an eye toward the human standing defiantly and let loose a beam of electricity, since it didn’t work at all against the eidolon now pounding it. For a few seconds it seemed to contemplate attack the eidolon but ultimately decided that with the human’s interference it wasn’t going to be worth it. Instead it clambered up the side of the object and attempted to bite into the one that dared challenge it.

The Scorpion’s new message appeared to be one of approval as it turns to look at the one that approached it. It seems to consider it’s options before clamping down on the human with it’s pair of claws.

Retriever shoots an Electric Eye Beam at Casmar and actually rolls the attack that I missed the last time.
Attack: [roll0] vs Touch, Included Challenge
Damage: [roll1] Electricity, already halved because you auto-pass the DC 27 Reflex Save.

Provokes an attack of opportunity from Izzy as it charges at Casmar.

Bite Attack: [roll2] vs Normal, Included Challenge and Charge.
Bite Damage: [roll3]
Bite Grapple: [roll4]

-----
Scorpion makes two claw attacks (vs Normal) against Casmar. I’ve included Challenge.
Attack: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Attack: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

Object

---On Top Of (60ft up)---
Scorpion
Casmar
Retriever

---20ft Away--
Izzy

---20ft Away, 40ft from Object---
Darshee, Heather after being botted a bit.

---560ft Away, 600ft from Object---
Tome

ChaoticHarmony
2019-02-21, 12:41 PM
"HEY! We aren't done yet!" Izzy cries out as the Spider fires a beam at Casmar. When the beast begins to charge back towards the object, Izzy's fist charges with elemental energy. With a rapid jab, Izzy attacks the fleeing beast.

Declaring use of Elemental Fist
AoO [roll0]
Damage [roll1] plus [3d6] Acid Damage

Izzy quickly chases after the Spider, climbing up the object as easily as it with Its caterpillar legs. It quickly pounces on it once again as It tries to rescue Casmar from its toothy maw.

Charge toward the Retriever (+2 to hit, -2 to AC till next turn)
Pounce evolution allows Full Attack Action
Brawler's Flurry
Hit 1 [roll2] Dmg [roll3]
Hit 2 [roll4] Dmg [roll5]
Hit 3 [roll6] Dmg [roll7]
Hit 4 [roll8] Dmg [roll9]
Hit 5 [roll10] Dmg [roll11]
Hit 6 [roll12] Dmg [roll13]
Hit 7 [roll14] Dmg [roll15]

Feral Aspect: 5/10 rds remaining

If I kill the Retriever before my Flurry Ends, all remaining attacks target the Scorpion

Illven
2019-02-21, 01:42 PM
Heather flies up, attempting to slow the scropion beastie.

Casting Slow, Will save DC 25

Kaouse
2019-02-21, 08:04 PM
Casmar attempts to keep absolute focus on the Death Scorpion's movements. While he's not able to completely avoid it's attacks, he is doing an incredible job of mitigating it's damage through his various defenses. Because of this absolute focus though, he barely misses the fact that Retriever has abandoned it's fight with Izzy in favor of pursing him. It registers slighlty too late that he's being fired upon with a giant blue laser. The papers that constantly float and swirl around him coalesce into the shape of a shield, protecting him from the majority of the damage, but in return being consumed with flame. The Retriever doesn't give Casmar even a moment to rest though, and immediately attempts to crush the human in it's jaws. Thankfully, Izzy returns and makes short work of the already heavily damaged Retriever.

Now, there's only the Scorpion to deal with. Clutching his large Paper Blade in both of his hands, Casmar begins to swing with all of his might!

Immediate Action: Empower (Rally)
Free Action: Rage [Spirit Fury]

Full Round Action: Full Attack [Power Attack]
Attack 1: [roll0] / Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2] / Damage 2: [roll3] *EDIT: Natural 1, miss*
Attack 3: [roll4] / Damage 3: [roll5] *EDIT: Gains +2 to hit if the first attack hit*

As before, after the first attack, subsequent attacks gain bane. That's +2 to hit and +2 +2d6 to damage
Rolling for possible extra damage
Damage 2: [roll6] *Missed*
Damage 3: [roll7]

Jack_Simth
2019-02-21, 10:31 PM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros moves up diagonally and sees about launching some of the shattered remnants of whatever is handy at the scorpion. Meanwhile, she mutters under her breath in Infernal "Need to stop and prepare to do this right next time...

Actions:
Move: 20 feet up and forward, diagonal movement.
Standard: Telekenisis. Violent thrust, throwing whatever hard, heavy debris are handy at the scorpion. That's probably shattered and broken bits of the retriever - a leg or two, probably - but pointy branches broken off from the impact, big rocks unearthed by the same, and so on will do just fine too. How would you like to handle the dice? Per Telekinesis (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/telekinesis/), the exact number of attacks, and damage per attack, depends on what's available. After the fight I'll prep to do this in a little more organized of a manner (Wall of Stone + Stone Shape to make my own ammo, then carry a few at a time, stowing the rest in my portable hole) so I can just throw a consistent single shot of 15d6.

I suppose I'll just rattle off a few attack rolls, and you can roll the damage yourself based on what's there?

Attack: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]
Attack: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4]

Gunhaven
2019-02-22, 09:29 AM
With blinding speed the scorpion smashes into the pouncing Eidolon that enters the fray, attempting to punish it for entering it’s area. It seemingly remembers now of all times, perhaps having grown rusty in the string of unworthy opponents up to this point, that it can use it’s full arsenal against those that get close. Now that someone is close enough to easily see it’s clear that it has multiple barrels that vaguely resemble musket that start to spin rapidly before unleashing a torrent of metal.
The Attacks of Opportunity:
You’d think Izzy would have a range of 10ft. I believe moving all up into the scorpion’s grill triggers 3 1 AOOs. Kaouse keeping me honest.
Damage: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Since they can only hit on a Crit just treat the next one as confirmation (unless all my bribing has worked off and they’re all crits).

Scorpion uses Gun against Casmar. It’s hopefully Super Effective. It noticeably doesn’t trigger attacks of opportunity, as if it had some training in Barrage.
Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

The nature spirit manages to rip off a portion of the downed retriever that’s at the max of her weight limit and attempts to chuck it at the gargantuan scorpion. While that attack itself does no damage the multitude of distractions provides Casmar the opening he needs to land a solid blow that appears to be deflected by some shimmering force. Another hit lands solidly, though, and breaks through the defense as a small gash is made in it’s metal hide.

It begins the task of whittling down the opposition in it’s metaphorical face. It takes a step back, providing some distance even if it doesn’t necessarily need it, and shifts in stance even as Casmar changes his. It attempts to sidestep the incoming jabs while slamming into it’s given foe with claw and gun.
Free Action: 5ft step back, it's got a fly speed currently on the off chance y'all are concerned about it stepping where it can't or whatever.
Full Round: Smash. Scorpion makes two claw attacks (vs Normal) and two chaingun attacks (vs Touch) against Casmar. I’ve included Challenge and Come and Get Me (plus generic training reveals it's probably used Combat Expertise).
(Claws)
Attack: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]
Attack: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

(Guns)
Attack: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]
Attack: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17]

Object

Scorpion
Casmar
Izzy

---20ft Up Object, Near Gash, 40ft from Scorpion.---
Darshee

---40ft from Object, Scorpion---
Heather

Tome

Kaouse
2019-02-23, 10:27 AM
It's a harsh battle between Casmar and the Scorpion. Casmar abandons defense in order to pump up his offense, attempting to strike the creature as it goes to strike him.

Attack 1: [roll0] / Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2] / Damage 2: [roll3]
Attack 3: [roll4] / Damage 3: [roll5]
Attack 4: [roll6] / Damage 4: [roll7]

It strikes many a blow, cleaving through Casmar's many defensive layers, until finally, one blow manages to draw blood. Recoiling from his pain, Casmar notes that continuing to fight in this way may not be the best for his health, so he decides to take a temporary reprieve.

Free Action: End Rage
Move Action: Move 30 ft back. *Provokes an AoO*
Swift Action: Hustle: Move Action: Take out Salve
Standard Action: *EDIT: Ready an action to* Use Salve: Heal [roll8]
Trigger will be "When my Delayed Damage Pool empties"

Kaouse
2019-02-23, 10:29 AM
I forgot about Linked Striking / Bane. Add +2 to all of those attack rolls and the following for damage:
Bane 1: [roll0]
Bane 2: [roll1]
Bane 3: [roll2]
Bane 4: [roll3]

ChaoticHarmony
2019-02-23, 08:53 PM
Izzy easily takes the weak hit from the Scorpion, his thick hide easily absorbing such an attack with ease. Seeing how difficult it is for Casmar to hit the beast, Izzy decides to try and impede it instead. Taking a step back, Izzy aims his rear end at his enemy, and fires up his spinnerets.

Five Foot Step away from the Scorpion
Standard Action: Use Web [roll0] VS Touch (No penalty for firing into melee since Scorpion is Gargantuan)
Provokes AoO
If it hits, Scorpion is Entangled (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Gamemastering/conditions/#TOC-Entangled)
Web has 19 HP 0 Hardness, takes DC 30 STR/Escape Artist to escape web

Feral Aspect: 4/10 rds remaining

Gunhaven
2019-02-24, 12:31 AM
vs Kaouse:
Crit Attack?: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Vs Izzy, with Challenge, Entangle:
Attack (since only a crit matters right now): [roll4] [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Jack_Simth
2019-02-24, 02:34 PM
The spectral nymph charges in, seemingly-recklessly, getting right up in the face of the scorpion.

Double-move, closing the gap. I want to be right up in it's face, and maybe make it waste an AoO or two.

I'm Incorporeal, so if it has no magic? It can't do much to me. I can't do overly much to it, either, mind, but I can start laying out Heals for folks.

Gunhaven
2019-02-28, 08:44 AM
True to the nature spirit’s hypothesis the scorpion’s claws did nothing to the incorporeal being as one of them smashed into the object they’re all collectively fighting on. A clang like a bell reverberates as the scorpion judges its tactics and begins to slowly lift off, the webbing burning away as it proves too massive for it to hold be held by the strands. It then returns to reporting the battle to unseen forces as the beaten but not defeated foe positions itself safely out of reach of the trio that continues to harm it and raises its tail in opposition. Plasma arcs out of it and in a line that blasts over the object, leaving it hot to the touch, and into the incorporeal foe and at least the one continues to be a thorn in it’s side.

As far as I can tell the webbing works on Huge and smaller creatures. The scorpion is Gargantuan. Give me a heads up if I got that wrong and I’ll adjust the distances accordingly.

Move: Moves 60ft off of the object and into the air. It positions itself so that it can hit Casmer, Darshee, and Izzy with a line attack (if it can only get two then it’ll prioritize Casmer and Izzy, but I think it can get all three of you guys).

Standard Action: Shoots a 120 foot long line of plasma. It’s an extraordinary ability that does Fire and Lightning damage, doesn’t copy a spell, and requires a save. I don’t know if it’d affect Darshee and suspect that if it did it’d only do 50% damage.

DC 30 Reflex Save to take half damage.
[roll0] Fire Damage
[roll1] Electricity Damage

Object

Darshee
Casmar
Izzy

---30ft from Group, 60ft Up---
Scorpion

---40ft from Object, on Ground---
Heather

Tome

ChaoticHarmony
2019-02-28, 08:52 PM
Izzy quickly ducks out of the way of the powerful plasma beam, the sparking heat tickling its skin as it evades. Frustrated at the flying enemy, Izzy yells out "You can't get away that easily!" before charging across the object, springing from the edge toward the Scorpion. As it begins to drop down, Izzy fires off a second web, aiming for the arachnid in an attempt to catch itself.

Move Action: Running Start Jump [roll0]

Standard Action: Web [roll1]

Feral Aspect: 3/10 rds remaining

Jack_Simth
2019-02-28, 11:09 PM
The corrupted nature spirit lets loose a burst of positive energy, healing the two front liner combatants and all other living creatures within thirty feet of her, starting to wash away wounds for her comrades in melee range of the metal beast. She then moves to follow it, hoping to confuse whatever passes for it's mind. She adds "If you need something stronger, just let me know."

Standard, now that I'm close enough to pull it off: Channel Energy, healing the living, courtesy of the Life spirit. Every living creature in range (30 ft) who wants it gets: [roll0] positive energy healing.
I don't imagine anyone cares to resist, but if you want for some strange reason, it's Will DC 31 half.

Kaouse
2019-03-04, 03:59 AM
Seeing the creature charge it's beam, Casmar mentally charts it's trajectory and moves out of the way of the beam before it's even fired.

Realizing that he's currently the only person capable of dealing with the creature, Casmar reasons that it might be prudent to try and tear down it's defenses.

Hatching this plan, Casmar will focus his mind, spending power points to flip through the pages of combat tactics in his mind.

Casmar will also try and goad the creature into attacking him, and will attempt to move a bit closer to his allies to better set up the next round's actions. Using his telepathic gifts, Casmar will tell all of the party members the plan for the next round.

Standard Action: Spend 3 pp. Change out the Extra Combat Talent (Athletics Sphere) for Extra Combat Talent (Brute Sphere).

Move Action: Challenge again (not necessary, since it lasts like 10 rounds, but better safe than sorry.)

Swift Action: Hustle (3 pp) to get a move action. Use said move action to move closer to allies, leaving space for the creature to be between him and his allies.

Heather starts, and she recasts Haste on the party once she's in range.
Darshee is up next, and she goes behind the creature to set up flanking.
Then, I run up to the creature, shove it, and attempt to blind it with a Dirty Trick.
Next, Izzy comes in with a Charge-Pounce.

Illven
2019-03-04, 01:22 PM
And just in case. Heather remarks a green ray firing from her hands.

Dimensional anchor.

[roll0]

Gunhaven
2019-03-05, 02:23 PM
The eidolon almost missteps at the last moment but thankfully the web that shoots out manages to wrap around the creature’s “neck”, just behind the guns and angry red light that serves as it’s face. It dangles there as the group recovers briefly and Heather insures that the creature doesn’t try to teleport away or anything.

With a burst of the flames keeping the creature aloft it charges overhead and stays at the cusp of it’s claw’s range. Once more it smashes and shoots into the human that continues to taunt it while maintaining it’s position in the air and at the edge of the object’s space.

Versus just having you yeet yourself off the object and toward the ground Izzy instead manages to lasso the creature and stays at roughly half the length of the webbing on the edge of the object.
A random AOO for funsies: [roll0]

The Dimensional Anchor Sticks.

---Actions---

Taking full advantage of it’s fly speed and reach as it charges towards the group again. It’s at a 20ft diagonal from Casmar. I’ve included Charge and Challenge.
Vs Normal
C1A: [roll2]
C1D: [roll3]
C2A: [roll4]
C2D: [roll5]

Vs Touch (no Charge factored in)
G1A: [roll6]
G1D: [roll7]
G2A: [roll8]
G2D: [roll9]

I’ll try and figure out some way to do 3d mapping at work tonight or some better way to show this mess.

Object

---On Top of Object (60ft up)---
Darshee
Casmar

---20ft from Casmar, 80ft Up---
Scorpion

---20ft from Casmar, 40ft Up---
Izzy

---40ft from Object, 20ft from Scorpion and Izzy, on Ground---
Heather

Tome

Jack_Simth
2019-03-05, 10:17 PM
The disguised spirit pauses just long enough to see what Heather will do, and growls under her breath "You're not getting my charges today...." as she casts a Heal spell on Casmar, and sees about getting above the metal monstrosity as best she can.

Delay until Heather goes. After that:
Standard: Heal. Caster level 14, so 140 HP restored.
Move: Fly up diagonally to try and get above the beast. If I get a Haste from Heather, great! I can. If not... oh well, at least I'm right next to it.

Kaouse
2019-03-07, 08:21 PM
Casmar had prepared for this. He willingly drew the construct's attention to prevent it from going after the others. Still, it was hard to get used to the creature's incredible ferocity combined with it's frightening accuracy. Luckily, between his enhanced durability from his Astral Paper Suit and his momentum-heightened reflexes, he is able to greatly reduce the damage he takes from the creature to mostly cuts and scrapes. However, then the unthinkable happened: the magic that fueled his momentum ability ran out. The change in states was a little disorienting, and, sensing his moment of weakness, the creature gets off a lucky gunshot that pierces straight through him.

This critical hit shatters Casmar's mental focus. However, his mind remains steadfast and resolute, and he manages to keep it together long enough to rally both himself and Izzy. Taking this empowering feeling to the absolute limit, Casmar once more begins to rage! His Sonic-powered jet boots burst to life as he jets towards the creature and bats away it's defending appendages, opening it up for him to slash at the creature's sensory system. As he slashes, his paper blade turns back into individual sheets of paper that line the creature's sensory system, blinding it.

Immediate Action [Last Round]: Cast Empower on self.

Move Action: Move Half speed & Shove the creature.
Shove Attack: [roll0] (vs Touch)
If successful, creature takes 9 Bludgeoning damage and is battered (-2 to CMD, cannot take attacks of opportunity vs combat maneuvers)

Standard Action [Dirty Trick]: [roll1]
If successful, the creature is blinded for 1 round + 1 round for every 5 with which I passed it's CMD. It can, however, spend a move action to end the effect early, on it's turn.

Immediate Action [After Turn Ends]: Cast Empower on Izzy.

ChaoticHarmony
2019-03-08, 11:24 AM
Izzy hangs precariously on its web, dangling just over the edge on the object. Looking up, it sees the flying machine blast at Casmar, who quickly retaliates with a slash at the things glowing eye. Gripping the strand with ease, Izzy charges up the web, feeling rallied by its ally above. Just as he had with the Spider, Izzy lashes out with a flurry of hard punches from below.

Empower Effect (+4 Attack, AC, CMB, CMD, Saving Throws)
Charge at the Scorpion (+2 Attack -2 AC)
Brawler's Flurry(using Pounce)
Hit 1 [roll0] Dmg [roll1]
Hit 2 [roll2] Dmg [roll3]
Hit 3 [roll4] Dmg [roll5]
Hit 4 [roll6] Dmg [roll7]
Hit 5 [roll8] Dmg [roll9]
Hit 6 [roll10] Dmg [roll11]
Hit 7 [roll12] Dmg [roll13]

If Hasted, add +1 to hit to previous rolls
Hasted Hit [roll14] Dmg [roll15]

Feral Aspect: 2/10 rds remaining

Illven
2019-03-08, 09:15 PM
Heather lets out a cry, as liquid silver starts to flow from her, her allies moving with supernatural speed.

Cast haste on all allies in range.

Gunhaven
2019-03-09, 02:13 AM
The Scorpion makes two last attempts at the foes charging towards it even as it was swarmed. Blinded and unable to properly defend itself from the Eidolon, though, it was soundly pummeled. The last blow, spurred on by the succubus, was enough to cause the fire to flicker and then have the Scorpion fall down towards the ground. It's last act was a dying monotone as it seemed to alert whatever it was relaying the information to that it had been defeated.

On a 2 it actually matters: [roll0]

AOO against Izzy: [roll1]
ID: [roll2]

CAOO: [roll3]
CD: [roll4]

It's a DC 15 Reflex Save to avoid the falling scorpion. On the off chance I crush Izzy with it: [roll5]

For a few seconds there's a silence in the clearing. Now that there isn't a metallic scorpion firing upon the group it's clear that the thing they've been fighting on top of and in front of is no meteor but instead a metallic cone. There's one opening roughly 2/3rds of the way down it that offers a view inside, dim red light spilling out into the light of the clearing. A cursory investigation of the outside reveals what appears to be another entrance at roughly the 1/3rd mark on the same side as the gash, indicated by a glass window big enough for a medium creature to look into the darkness beyond easily enough.

I done did a Google Slides for the map. Let me know if y'all want something besides letters or if/when things go sideways. Each square is 5ft (AKA both potential openings are roughly 10ft wide).

The Link (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CBDf0yQRxVPYDyH59ZtkEuRRQah5DjmTUnEs72p9rIE/edit?usp=sharing)

Jack_Simth
2019-03-09, 06:28 PM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros looks around for anyone who's still injured, and after tending to any wounds that remain, says "Well... I suppose I should scout ahead." And then does so, ducking a bit into the walls for cover and casting Invisibility for good measure.

So... yeah, spontaneous cures over here, plus Channel Energy at the moment. Who needs how much healing?

After that's resolved, Silently casting Invisibility for the +20 to Stealth, and going scouting, making sure to actually try to hide, too, using walls and such as the needed cover.

Stealth: [roll0] (includes +20 for the invisibility bonus while moving). Note that as an incorporeal, I don't make sound if I don't want to.

Gunhaven
2019-03-09, 10:00 PM
Individuals gather information, consult history, and lightly cook in the radiation.

Looking between the scorpion and the object you start to piece things together. The scorpion is, in fact, an Annihilator Robot (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/robot/robot-annhiliator/) (more or less). It appears to have been a more advanced design, constructed of sturdier materials than what you've read about in such locales as Numeria on Golarion and seemingly quicker with it's guns, but otherwise matches up with reports you've read before.

The object is in fact an Aethership now that you get a better look at it. Constructed within the same solar system as Golarion on the planet Verces they are a mechanical means to travel the cosmos. You suspect what the robot was speaking was the native language of that distant planet. The northern door is most likely the airlock while the southern gash is a result of some sort of malfunction with the ship.
Combined with what Darshee finds you can assume that the Vercites crashed here and the robot was simply a security protocol. Recalling the circles there's a possibility that Terraformer Robots (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/robot/robot-terraformer/) got out and are making the surrounding area closer to Fullbright as opposed to Darkside.

I've updated the map to account for the scouting. Almost immediately you're overcome with a necrotic feeling as you realize the entire area is under the effects of Desecrate, in addition to the radiation that you otherwise don't have to really worry about.

The entire ship feels like your classic horror movie. Red emergency lights dimly flicker, obvious signs of damage (in the form of scorch marks and random blood stains), and hastily scrawled messages in the alien's native tongue as the occupants tried to fix the damage done to the ship complete the atmosphere.

The walls are significantly thicker on the outside compared to the inside and you can tell that the area between the shells (light gray on the map) is some sort of liquid. You get a feeling that it's almost like lamp oil, alchemist fire, or any other combustible liquid and that there's a lot of it.

The southern area is dominated by a gargantuan ooze of violet energy. It's surrounded by magnetism and appears to be absolutely wrecking the metal objects within it's room but is otherwise lingering for now. You also see about a dozen semitransparent, undulating ball of protoplasm about four feet in diameter. The balls of protoplasma definitely recognize you're there scouting but I don't entirely want to start combat right away.

The hallway outside the ooze room has two tubes, the left one going up to the shell and a huge sized dome that is otherwise dark while both go down to a storage area. It's all in the same language but appears to be filled with supplies for a possible colonization effort. Several areas look recently disturbed as if the cargo had moved itself (and after discussing it with Casmar you two can recognize the robots had been stored down here).

The room to the north has a sole construct, medium sized. One of this metallic humanoid’s four arms ends in the barrel of a large-bore rifle, while another ends in a spinning circular blade. Its final two arms grasp a massive chainsaw. It also appears to have...something...surrounding it, almost as if it had an animating force that wasn't just the run of the mill robotics you had just dealt with. Surrounding it are a dozen corpses (https://starfinderwiki.com/mediawikisf/images/3/3e/Cyberborn.jpg) that have been dead for about two weeks. Like with the protoplasma oozes the construct seemingly recognizes your attempt at invisibility without issue and begins to play music as it calls out in a far too cheery voice in the same language as the scorpion. Before combat can begin you duck out of the room.

North of that is a series of rooms that look like they served as bedding for the dozen corpses you had run across in the previous room. Each has a bed, a personal wash closet, a chair, and underneath the bed a simple locker to store belongings. You get the feeling of being on a ship looking at them, although definitely a more advanced and possibly comfortable ship than anything on this planet normally. In four of the rooms you notice a construct, apparently out of commission at the moment, that were constructed to look similar to the corpses you found in the previous room.

As you breach the next section you feel an intense cold wash over you. You look forward and can barely see the unmistakable form of an Ice Devil and a trio of Ice Golems that have apparently opted to stay on alert in response to the fighting outside through a small glass window. You get the feeling that investigating further, and especially the room they're in, will make the cold worse but you also get the feeling that out of everything here they don't have blindsight.

New Foes' Initiatives. If the group wants to roll new ones then y'all can roll 'em but I'd like it to be a group consensus.
Rs: [roll1]
Is: [roll2]

ChaoticHarmony
2019-03-10, 05:55 PM
Izzy manages to jump away from the falling Scorpion, watching as its pummeled body crashes below. Izzy allows itself to relax a little, though it keeps its positioned to strike in the event something new appears. "Well......that takes care of that....I would greatly appreciate it if you would tend my wounds Darshee." Izzy releases a content sigh as the ghostly 'elf' heals its battered form. "Aah.....thank you Darshee, that is much better. And also.....my apologies for simply rushing off like that, I should have been more cautious. Certainly wasn't expecting this thing to have weapons that could pierce my tough hide so easily.....I'll have to keep that in mind for my next evolution....." It says, bowing its head in respect to Darshee.

"Did you find anything of concern or import?" Izzy asks when the spirit makes her way back to the group.

Greatly appreciate that heal, as I'm down 58 hp(was at 269, so not too desperate, but still appreciated)
Deactiving Feral Aspect for now, but keeping up Dragon Style since that doesn't have a limit

Jack_Simth
2019-03-10, 06:53 PM
Heal is for the thick of battle. Now that we're out of combat, I'll be dropping repeated Cure Light Wounds; if multiple folks were injured, that'd be repeated channel energy. Down by 58, you said?

That's an average of 6.1 Cure Light Wounds; I'll roll seven, and just count spell slots off until you've hit the 58 HP healing.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

The spectral nymph goes over what she saw while scouting, and prepares her arrows for later.

As noted:
Wall of Stone + Stone Shape. Should make 8 stone cylinders, each weighing in at 375 pounds, if I'm doing the math right. Stow six in the portable hole, carry two on her shoulder. Combat is unlikely to run long enough for her to need more than two due to the TK recharge time. As long as she's carrying them, they're incorporeal....

Basically long stone cylinders, with a point on one end. Can also use them as rollers if we expect traps, but eh.

Jack_Simth
2019-03-15, 10:38 PM
The corrupted nature spirit casts a Silent Mage Armor on herself, adds it to anyone who wants one, and then says "Well... let's try the narrow end, I guess?" And leads the way to that one, this time preparing for a fight.

Yes, I'll take that Energy Resistance vs. Cold. I'll use my slots in case the communal one gets dispelled off of everyone.

And I'll make sure to pick up Channel The Gift later, so I can power my low-level Druid utility slots from my Oracle side.

Illven
2019-03-15, 11:09 PM
Heather will follow slowly, clearly not thrilled to be meeting demons.

Gunhaven
2019-03-16, 07:20 PM
After discussing the findings among yourselves for a moment Izzy ultimately opts to stand guard lest something else attacks the object after the Eidolon clears the minor obstacle of a locked door. They keypad next to it has a rectangular screen and twelve buttons, ten of them clearly numbered 1-0 while the remaining two clear the numbers from the screen. Before it can be tested too much further the side door is bashed in until a hole big enough for Casmar and Heather to crawl through. The door just beyond appears to have similar mechanics but is easily forced open by the nature spirit's telekinesis, roughly half as thick as the outer door.

As Casmar gets closer to next set of doors they slowly slide open, powered by the same residual power that operates the flickering red lights. Just beyond the chill is clearly coming from the northern room, the wall covered in frost and the vague notion that it'll only be colder when they enter the room proper. Bloody stains can be seen on the ground leading towards the south as if the dead were dragged there. Finally the sense of radiation that lingered outside of the object can clearly be felt within as they draw closer to the source of it.

Jack_Simth
2019-03-18, 07:14 AM
The disguised spirit inquires "Shall we go see about the cold day in Cocytus first? Should be just to the right there." She heads that direction, watching for unexpected surprises as she goes.

In Case of need:
Perception: [roll0]

Kaouse
2019-03-19, 11:28 AM
Seeing the doors open on their own confirms Casmar's fears. They were being watched. The enemy was already aware of them. There was a rather high chance that they would be walking directly into a trap. Curses, of all days not to emulate the mythos of a Trickster...no matter. He would protect his companions through thick and thin. Spending 3 power points, he opened his mind to his books on combat drills, as well as getting the attention of multiple enemies at once. He also let loose a bit of his magical power, letting it flow in small sparks of energy around him and allies near him. With that, he summons his Paper Blade, thinning it's edge to the utmost. With that, he attempts to make contact with the creatures.

Casmar expends and regains his psionic focus. This recovers his singular mirror image, as well as the temp hp from his Guardian Narrative.
Casmar spends 3 power points to gain Extra Combat Talent: Mass Challenge, from the Guardian Sphere. He looses access to the Brute Sphere.
Casmar spends 1 spell point to activate Momentum once more. Momentum Pool is at 16/16. Spell Pool is at 20/22.
Casmar spends a move action to re-Form his Mind Blade as a Slashing one-handed weapon (previously a 2 handed Bludgeoning weapon, IIRC).

Here's the last part, Casmar has access to Telepathic Gift. This gives him telepathy with a range of 200 ft + 10 ft/2 levels (270 ft total). He can use this to communicate with any creature in range, regardless of language. Before using this ability however, Casmar will make a Knowledge Engineering check to make sure that the door opened remotely, because of the enemies, rather than because it's an automatic door or broken or something. If it's true that the door was opened by the Ice Devil and the Ice golems, then he'll attempt a telepathic diplomacy check to figure out who these people are and what exactly they want. If he can tease out bits of useful info about what to expect moving forward, he'll also attempt to do so during conversation. If the Ice Devil and/or other sentient creatures aren't behind the door opening, then he won't bother.

Knowledge (Engineering): [roll0]
Diplomacy: [roll1]

Kaouse
2019-03-24, 10:52 PM
It seems as if the others are frozen, whether by fear or by some ability of the enemy, Casmar knows not. However, Casmar will still continue to step forward, without backing down from the challenge. Using the information gathered by the ghostly Darshee, he will make a beeline for the enemies. After all, he's still got a job to do.

[roll0]
Since he doesn't have Advanced Study (he chose instead to grab Mass Challenge), he still has the Clockwatcher counter as a readied maneuver. He can use it to act in the surprise round, should the enemies be able to achieve one on him.

Thought I might as well breathe some life into this thread. I'd prefer not having to solo the encounter, but if need be, I wouldn't be opposed to trying. Let's just deal with things as they come, I guess.

Jack_Simth
2019-03-25, 07:26 AM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros follows, saying "Ah, right. Not used to doors opening themselves... especially without magic..." Heading forward and towards the pointy end of the ship, considering a moment, then running slightly ahead, ducking underneath the floor, navigating via Ring of X-Ray Vision, and attempting to posses the icy beast before battle otherwise starts.

Actually, I think it's just standard waitlock. A few folks posted, but no world-interactions so the DM didn't post, then folks were waiting for others to post and/or something to change before posting themselves....

But yes, I'll be attacking him from the other side of the floor. Malevolence, Will DC 31. If I fail... I'm still on the other side of the floor, which makes me somewhat hard to target back. If I succeed... well, then I'm the golem's master for a little while, now aren't I?

Gunhaven
2019-03-26, 05:29 AM
Casmer reaches out and finds the Ice Devil’s mind waiting, cold and calculating. After some casual banter for a moment and small talk, the Ice Devil reveals that it is A) not directly related to anything on the ship, B) came with the Retriever, and C) is attempting to find information on these accursed...screens is what he believes they’re called. Unfortunately everyone was already been dead and they weren’t equipped to find any information from the corpses, the Retriever being stuck outside while they attempted to find the information inside what they pieced together as the cockpit.

He ends by offering the human a deal, if only he wants to come in and finish the paperwork. The message drips with classic devil tactics, but it does appear to be a diplomatic solution to at least this portion of the ship.

As for Darshee under the steel she can feel the cold coming from the otherside mixed with something unexpected: heat. It definitely feels unpleasant on the other side as one ghostly hand brushes against the sole of a golem’s foot and an...almost ghastly apparition fights off the soul swap. Opening her senses reveals a tortured soul bound to each golem, in addition to the elemental mote used to animate it, as well as the sense that the source of the coldness within the room is in fact located within one of the chairs.

Kaouse
2019-03-26, 10:46 AM
Whether it be foolishness or curiosity, Casmar can't easily turn down an opportunity to learn more information. Whether it be about the Ice Devil and his Ice Golem entourage, or about the ship's previous inhabitants and whatever the Devil meant when he mentioned...screens.

Casmar will travel to the cockpit and hear out the Ice Devil's "deal." He will also transfer all of this information to each of the party members via his Telepathic Gift.

Gunhaven
2019-03-30, 02:12 AM
The Ice Devil looks down at the ground and pauses for a few seconds, aware of the intrusion within it's current domain. For a moment it debates on what to do before it settles on using a portion of ice to write up a formal contract. A golem moved through the first set of doors, leaving the contract in between doors, and returning to wait. The Devil then sent to the brave human that the contract awaited.

Outside the first set of doors the cold could clearly be felt. Like with the doors leading up to this point they open automatically, albeit a bit slower than the others, and awaiting is a collection of sheets of ice. On each is common carved into it detailing the deal: the group will aid in recovering information and in exchange the Devil will return to it's own Lord. They're clearly magical but it appears to be in regards to the sheets themselves and not what's written.

DC 38 Perception Check to notice the haunt.

Make a DC 31 Fortitude Save for entering the square outside the second set of doors. Success negates [roll0] Dexterity Damage.
You also take [roll1] Cold Damage, negated by your spell. However you feel icy fingers grasping at your feet. You don't feel like standing around is a good idea.

Kaouse
2019-03-30, 09:18 AM
Perception:
Fortitude Save:[roll1]

Casmar will use some of his rudimentary knowledge of law to check over the Contract, making sure everything is on the up & up, no fine print, etc. He will also make sure that his part of the deal is clearly laid out and fully entailed. What are the limits of his "assistance," as defined by the contract?

Profession (Barrister):[roll2]
Sense Motive:[roll3]

EDIT: Having successfully identified the Haunt, Casmar will immediately escape it's Area of Effect and telepathically alert the rest of the team about it as well.

After having done so, Casmar will then attempt to use his Telepathic Gifts to communicate with the Haunt. There's a good chance that it was created when the Ice Devil attacked the station. It might have some information about both the Ice Devil, and the purpose of the station before the attack.

And having enough information to fulfill his side of the bargain before getting into said Deal with a Devil, sounds like a good strategy.

Diplomacy:[roll]1d20+25

NOTE: Telepathic Gift allows for communication with anything regardless of language...so long as the creature has an INT of 1. It also allows me to know if any creature within 30 feet is communicating with Telepathy (though I can't listen in). This second effect should still be useful in telling me if the Ice Devil and the Haunt are telepathically linked, though.

Jack_Simth
2019-03-31, 09:04 AM
The spectral nymph considers things after getting so easily rebuffed, and thinks to herself OK then... when this guy comes to a fight, ignore anything that can be fought off via willpower. For now... I'll just wait and watch from here.

She keeps under the floor, and watches via X-Ray vision, carefully reading folks' lips to follow the conversation.

Diplomacy:

The forums won't let you roll in an edit. You'll need to do that one in the OOC thread.

Illven
2019-03-31, 12:34 PM
Heather taps her finger as she waits.

Gunhaven
2019-04-02, 12:19 AM
The contract is fairly straight forward and after a few minutes of skimming it you don't find anything necessarily wrong. Otherwise it's what was mentioned earlier: The Devil and Golems won't attack the group and will return to the fifth layer of Hell, Stygia, with the information contained within the ship. In exchange the group must somehow acquire said information, with the most probable source being the objects located where the Devil and Golems currently reside. You also get the feeling from all the frost that it's highly likely that whatever objects are inside the room are likely damaged.

The haunt in question first reveals itself by the icy grasp around your feet until you leave the area. When you reach out to it you can sense panic and shouting in the same language as the annihilator robot. Mixed within it is tortured cries of various races, as if reaching out to contact spirits is an imprecise art. The shouting was interrupted by an explosion and terrible screeching sound. Gasps of breath then joined the anguished cries that were clearly not part of the grasping hands that dealt the cold damage.

Kaouse
2019-04-05, 09:16 AM
While the contract seems straightforward, Casmar knows better than to take everything at face value. He will accept the deal only if he can add the extra conditon that the Ice Devil must not indirectly cause harm to himself and his friends either during the deal or afterwards. Furthermore, he will attempt to negotiate the safety of the little goblin town in the surrounding area. If the Ice Devil is willing to agree to those terms, then Casmar will accept the amended contract.

Once that occurs, he will of course have to ask the Ice Devil to tone down the ice magic, and communicate to it that the drastically lowered temperatures may be damaging the machines. As such, it would be preferable if they leave the room while he and his team work on the machines.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Once that is taken care of, he will work to fix the machines and recover as much data from them as he possibly can.

Knowledge Engineering:[roll1]

Of course, he will continually use his Telepathy to keep his team constantly updated on the situation.

Gunhaven
2019-04-07, 07:30 AM
Darshee can sense movement above as the Ice Golems move about the room after the Ice Devil mutters something. It appears the diplomatic approach to things is working. After a moment doors can be heard as they slowly open and the room at least feels like it starts to warm up, before the Devil confirms that they won't harm the group for as long as they remain on this mission, which includes up to them returning back to their superior with the information in question.

While they work on getting things ready Casmar gets the opportunity to confirm that the door to the south of the room is another automatic door, leading to two more, and that they remain open for as long as he waits there. In addition there is a secondary area that looks to be another bank of instruments and screens. You take the opportunity to familiarize yourself with things you've only had a passing knowledge of: learning which buttons turn on the array of devices, how to operate it, the complete lack of security that exists on it, and the at least consistency with the language. You can't exactly tell what it's for but you understand enough that it appears to be something the Devil was uninterested in.

When you get called in you find that the room is significantly warmer yet still cool, almost as if it was a typical winter afternoon in this region. The source of the cold is found in one of the chairs, a now burnt corpse that was staring out of a small crack to the outside world, and you start with that bank of instruments. Working counterclockwise you start tinkering away, slowly but surely disassembling and reassembling the thick metal covers for the banks so that you can at least get everything started. Overlooking the entire thing is one of the golems that moves to remain out of the way, the Devil and remaining two Golems having moved to the room above so that they remain out of the way while you work.

Eventually you manage to get the banks of instruments started. There's several flashing lights that look like warnings in the same language as before. Otherwise it looks like you've successfully completed the first step by getting everything running for now.

Kaouse
2019-04-11, 05:38 PM
Casmar will continue to decipher the warnings and do his best to take over the ship's systems. Gaining access over those automatic doors could be useful. At any rate, once he has control over major ship systems, he will attempt to open up the ship's logs and security footage, which should hold the information that both he and the Ice Devil seeks. He will keep a wary eye over the icy corpse from which the cold originates, and attempt to identify what it is.

Not sure what knowledge check is needed for the identity of the ice corpse, but all of my knowledge checks are an equivalent +30 while in Archmage form.

Knowledge (anything):[roll0]
If it's a Spellcraft check instead, add a +10 to it.

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure I've made almost every roll that I can make for the repairs already, let me know if more skill checks are needed. Also, note that as an Aegis, I have Astral Repair as an at will spell like ability, so if I need to restore any mechanical equipment, it should be possible with a mix of magical might and engineering know-how.

Illven
2019-04-11, 08:03 PM
Do you need any help? Heather beams up.

Kaouse
2019-04-12, 01:10 AM
"By all means, whatever assistance you can provide would be well appreciated. This is some complicated stuff, even for me!" Casmar responds over their telepathic link.

Illven
2019-04-12, 02:06 AM
"By all means, whatever assistance you can provide would be well appreciated. This is some complicated stuff, even for me!" Casmar responds over their telepathic link.

Can you repeat what you see? Heather mind speaks.

Gunhaven
2019-04-15, 11:57 PM
A game of Telephone begins as slowly and carefully messages are sent to Heather, pronunciations figured out if not necessarily the words at first. After the fourth message the group starts to work in sync as the mess of an unknown system is figured out enough to allow work to continue. After nearly half an hour from the time Casmar entered the room and got started on the repairs the work is finally done, complete with rudimentary understanding of the language the ship's owners spoke.

The ship itself was officially a scouting vessel for one of the nations closer to the Fullbright in Verces's Ring of Nations. It was sent to research the sun and check the potential construction of stations beyond Verces's Skydock throughout the system. The cargo, noticed by the inclusion of the annihilator robot, shows a different tale; one of potential terraforming of other areas so that they would be closer to the native's nation. There does appear to be ten terraforming robots listed with the rest of the cargo which could complete such a task if given enough time.

You look for potential control over the doors and don't find anything in particular. It appears that the only doors that are lockable are the rooms with beds in them (in between y'all and the gladiator robot), and the airlocks that lead outside. You do manage to turn off the alarms and restore lighting to a less emergency setting, however. In addition you manage to find a schematic of both the ship and the console itself and, after a couple minutes, successfully move the data to what you assume is a central location. A quick peek confirms that it at least looks like something easily removable that won't cause any sort of failure to the console.

Looking through the crash logs you manage to piece together that the Devil had nothing to do with it. While making a routine trip near Golarion a meteor managed to puncture the ship and most likely instantly kill the rest of the crew within the room. The ship then changed course and impacted something before coming to a rest shortly after. Most of the messages since then talk about a loss of power and structural integrity until one of them catches your eye: engine compromised, please repair within the next...4...hours.

The Devil stirs when you get the lights on and the warnings to stop. It sends to Casmar "It appears your task is complete. Please place the information on the console near the body and step away so that we may return and leave you two be." It makes a point to look towards the ground that Darshee was located at last when it references the number of group members. The golem in the room continued to watch the human work, seemingly making sure the deal is carried out.

Jack_Simth
2019-04-19, 11:08 PM
The corrupted nature spirit asks the party's telepath to relay to Casmar Well, it's your show. You're the one risking whatever forfeiture clauses are in the contract.

Kaouse
2019-04-20, 06:57 AM
Casmar will attempt to use Sense Motive to see why the Ice Devil wishes for him to step away. Barring any sort of duplicitous intent, he will do as he is contractually obligated to do. Before stepping away, he will check the integrity of the ship's engine, and will tell the Ice Devil as much before stepping away. Casmar does not intend to deceive or to renege on the deal. He just wants to make sure that he covers all of his bases and maintains the safety of himself and the group.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Gunhaven
2019-04-22, 10:02 PM
It appears for all intents and purposes that the Ice Devil simply wishes to retrieve the agreed upon information. The engine does indeed have about 4 hours before it reaches catastrophic levels and, piecing together what you know is inside the room, you can assume that the plasma ooze isn't supposed to be out and wrecking havoc on the metal within the room. If you really wanted to you could leave it alone and hope for the best but then you'd be directly responsible for any after effects. You remove what you can safely assume is a storage device and place it on the top left console's corner.

The Ice Devil doesn't seem to be rushing you as you confirm what needs to be done and instead waits until you're roughly fifteen feet away from the console in question. It approaches the console and seems to contemplate the small metal box, looking it over. It then nods once and sends to Casmar "A pleasure working with you." It then moves to the golems and grasps their hands in a loose circle before the group teleports away. A scan confirms that they are truly gone and you're free to continue on your business.

Now that you have a moment to appreciate it you can faintly hear the gladiator robot within the middle of the ship performing mock combat against foes that aren't there and the slight tearing of metal as the plasma ooze lashes out at it's former confines.

Kaouse
2019-04-23, 11:12 PM
"Hmm, that's one problem dealt with." Casmar quips, as the Ice Devil vanishes. "Now we just have to stop this thing form exploding and taking out half of the continent with it," he states as he looks back at the monitor. Casmar will telepathically send out a message to the rest of the party before heading out. Call him crazy, but he doubts that the Plasma Ooze would be half as willing to listen to his attempts at Diplomacy. So he'll send the coordinates of the Plasma Ooze to the rest of the party, telling them to avoid the Gladiator Robot for now, as it doesn't seem to be quite as big of a threat. If they follow his coordinates, they should all be able to meet in the room right before the Plasma Ooze for whatever final battle preparations need to be made.

Jack_Simth
2019-04-25, 07:09 AM
The disguised spirit rolls her eyes and asks the Party's telepath to relay to Casmar "I did the scouting, and already described the area to everyone in detail. You could have simply suggested meeting up just outside the door to the strange ooze." She does go to the indicated area, though, largely ignoring walls and so arriving surprisingly early. On her way, she considers, and decides to hold off on buffs for now, keeping her prepared copies of Energy Resistance and Protection From Energy on hold until someone actually takes a hit, and we've got a better idea of what the beast does.

Illven
2019-04-25, 01:11 PM
Heather is eager to rely the message for the pretty nymph, before flitting on her wings to the meet up.

Gunhaven
2019-04-26, 09:52 AM
Easily enough the group either phases through the majority of the ship or walk outside, circle to the other opening, and reenter the ship. Like before the door slides open as the corporeal party members approach the door. The area in front has a circle painted in white, what Darshee and Casmar both recognize as leading down to the cargo hold. Walking over it fails to activate it as the group reconvenes near the door they know leads to either the ooze or the gladiator robot.

Kaouse
2019-04-27, 12:55 AM
When it seems as though everyone is ready, Casmar will open the door.

[roll0]Oh nice, a nat 20!

Jack_Simth
2019-04-29, 09:10 PM
The spectral nymph doesn't bother waiting and charges the ooze fearlessly, running straight up to it to hit it.

Init: [roll0]

I'm going to find out if it can hit me. It would need magic to do so.
Move: Hustle over to the beast.
Standard: Corrupting Touch: [roll]1d20+15[/url] Incorporeal Touch for [roll1] Fort DC 31 Half Supernatural Aging Damage
Note that if my move doesn't put it in reach, I'll just double-move instead.[/spoiler]

Illven
2019-04-29, 09:57 PM
Init [roll0]

Gunhaven
2019-04-30, 01:31 AM
The door opens up to a mess of a room with metal strewn about the entire area. In the center is a giant ball of plasma actively lashing out at the surroundings, including out at the approaching ghost. Floating around it are semi-transparent oozes that shift as the door opens and begin to slowly drift through the air. With the approach of hostiles the debris lifts up as well, the air crackling with electricity.

Y'all have first round, but it does get some reactions. AOO versus Casmar and Darshee against Touch AC. It's Magical Electricity damage (specifically Destruction Sphere).
Casmar Attack:
Casmar Damage: [roll]21d6 + 46

Darshee Attack:
Darshee Damage: [roll]21d6 + 46

I'll operate under the assumption that Darshee dips under when it hits versus triggering all of the attacks.
Fort Save: [roll2]

Kaouse
2019-04-30, 01:36 PM
Move Action: Casmar will open the door, and take a 5ft step into the room
Standard Action: Casmar will spend 3 power points to change his feat from "Extra Combat Talent: Mass Challenge" to "Extra Combat Talent: Close Combat Specialist"
Swift Action: Casmar will use Defender's Oath against the Plasma Ooze, giving it a -3 penalty to attacks and ability DCs not including him as a target, and giving himself +7 damage vs the Ooze.

Gunhaven
2019-05-03, 11:13 PM
For a couple seconds the ooze seems to ponder the approach of two others, lashing out quickly at one that actually opts to continue it's movement and sizing up the one that seems to hesitate. The debris within the room then begins to move before sheets of metal and metalic dust lash out at everything. Oozes are split in twain by sheets of metal as they drift down to graze against the intruders and into the hallway beyond while the lash of iron dust snaps against the one that stepped into the room, discharging a blast of electricity at the same time it makes contact.

Telekinesis HOOOOOOO!
To confirm that it hits the oozes: [roll0]
Casmar Attack (vs Normal AC): [roll1]
Casmar Damage: [roll2] Slashing, [roll3] Electricty

3 harmlessly bap into Darshee.
5 Touch Attack Casmar.
4 Touch Attack Heather.

Casmar Attack 1: [roll4]
Casmar Damage 1: [roll5] plus 1 Charisma Damage, DC 25 Fortitude Save to half damage and ignore charisma damage.
Casmar Attack 2: [roll6]
Casmar Damage 2: [roll7] with the same save and everything
Casmar Attack 3: [roll8]
Casmar Damage 3: [roll9] with the same save and everything
Casmar Attack 4: [roll10]
Casmar Damage 4: [roll11] with the same save and everything
Casmar Attack 5: [roll12]
Casmar Damage 5: [roll13] with the same save and everything

Heather Attack 1: [roll14]
Heather Damage 1: [roll15] with the same save and everything
Heather Attack 2: [roll16]
Heather Damage 2: [roll17] with the same save and everything
Heather Attack 3: [roll18]
Heather Damage 3: [roll19] with the same save and everything
Heather Attack 4: [roll20]
Heather Damage 4: [roll21] with the same save and everything

Jack_Simth
2019-05-06, 07:05 AM
The corrupted nature spirit hears the relayed telepathic call, and so - keeping a nice thick metal floor between herself and the current opponent - rushes over to drop a Heal spell on Casmar, as she quietly whispers to him "You're not joining me today... I'm not ready to catch you, yet..."

Move: Get over to Casmar.
Standard: Heal spell. From under cover. Have a nice 140 HP healing, Casmar. Also gets rid of ability damage, in case you needed that Charisma back (not drain, though).

Kaouse
2019-05-06, 09:32 AM
With the aid of his ghostly companion, Casmar recovers from the ooze's vicious assault. After an attack like that, Casmar realizes that his group doesn't have the luxury of playing things safely, and decides to go all out on his next attack!

Free Action: Quick Change (Guardian --> Archmage) 6/9

Standard Action: Barrage *Expending Martial Focus*
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]
Attack 3: [roll4]
Damage 3: [roll5]
Attack 4: [roll6]
Damage 4: [roll7]
Attack 5: [roll8]
Damage 5: [roll9]

Assuming that the first attack hits, then add +2 to hit for all subsequent attacks and the following for damage:

Linked Striking 2: [roll10]
Linked Striking 3: [roll11]
Linked Striking 4: [roll12]
Linked Striking 5: [roll13]

Free Action: 5 ft. step closer to the Ooze (~20 feet away now, IIRC)

Move Action: Stellar Stompers Chakra Bind
Damage: [roll14] in a 30 ft AoE
Reflex Save DC: 24 for half.

Swift Action: Stellar Stompers Chakra Bind
Damage: [roll15] in a 30 ft AoE
Reflex Save DC: 24 for half.

Free Action: Quick Change (Archmage --> Guardian) 5/9

Illven
2019-05-07, 12:21 AM
Heather for her part holds up her hand as burst of tentacles pour from her hand, disappearing in the air, before appearing under the elementals.

Casting black tentacles.

No damage, but hopefully it'll grapple some.

Gunhaven
2019-05-07, 03:15 PM
The first barrage of origami shapes slices into the ooze as another takes up place nearby. The second, though, is deflected as a sheet of metal floats in front of it while the third drives into the metal as well. The fourth, against a new ooze, is deflected in much the same way while the fifth drives into the ooze that was split the first time. The four oozes then shimmer as the loud crack of thunder reverberates, the metal that was weakened shuttering. With the second crack the ship finally fails as there's a loud rending sound and metal is torn away from the back and left walls, as well as one of the elevators. Completing the field is a mass of black tentacles, caressing against the roiling mass of plasma and etheric jellies.

The Jellies harmlessly float through the tentacles as some of them surround the one individual they've succeeded in hurting so far. The seven then take turns brushing against the succubus, eating away bit by bit at the demon. Four of them attempt to brush against the human, knowing full well the futility of the action. The last, though, hovers near the ghost and appears to be observing the nature spirit.

Seven of them touch Heather, Four bap into Casmar, and the last just watches Darshee.
E1 Attack: [roll0]
E1 Damage: [roll1]
E2 Attack: [roll2]
E2 Damage: [roll3]
E3 Attack: [roll4]
E3 Damage: [roll5]
E4 Attack: [roll6]
E4 Damage: [roll7]
E5 Attack: [roll8]
E5 Damage: [roll9]
E6 Attack: [roll10]
E6 Damage: [roll11]
E7 Attack: [roll12]
E7 Damage: [roll13]

E1 Attack: [roll14]
E1 Damage: [roll15]
E2 Attack: [roll16]
E2 Damage: [roll17]
E3 Attack: [roll18]
E3 Damage: [roll19]
E4 Attack: [roll20]
E4 Damage: [roll21]

The Oozes turn almost as one and unleash almost a tidal wave of lightning. The ones in front of Casmar each attempt to fry the human, then the ones behind them will target the human as well before drifting around the mass of oozes. If they need to then they'll target the succubus with first a lightning blast and, upon realizing that doesn't work, unleash their own cracks of thunder. A few, though, seem to recognize the one member not present and wait.

Z-zap! The oozes will focus on Casmar first, then Heather, and attempt to wait out Darshee if possible.
A1 Attack: [roll22]
A1 Damage: [roll23]

C3 Attack: [roll24]
C3 Damage: [roll25]

B4 Attack: [roll26]
B4 Damage: [roll27] or after the first lightning versus Heather: [roll28]

A2 Attack: [roll29]
A2 Damage: [roll30] or after the first lightning versus Heather: [roll31]

B1 Attack: [roll32]
B1 Damage: [roll33] or after the first lightning versus Heather: [roll34]

B2 Attack: [roll35]
B2 Damage: [roll36] or after the first lightning versus Heather: [roll37]

A3 Attack: [roll38]
A3 Damage: [roll39] or after the first lightning versus Heather: [roll40]

A4 Attack: [roll41]
A4 Damage: [roll42] or after the first lightning versus Heather: [roll43]

C1 C2 C4 haven't acted.

Jack_Simth
2019-05-07, 09:11 PM
The disguised spirit exclaims grits her teeth as she gets ready to take what's coming, thinking This is going to hurt.... and grabbing her quarterstaff from her back - her firewood, in this case, imbued with the natural element of fire, ready to be released on a moment's notice - and uses her maneuverability to briefly tease the oozes before letting lose the power contained therein to set the world on fire, as she verbally says "Do you have ANY idea how hard that is to clean up!?"

Move: Flyby attack. Pop out from above ground to soak the readied actions, duck back under briefly, pop up, cast, and duck under again.

Standard: Firestorm (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fire-storm/), caster level 14. 28 shapeable ten-foot cubes, so I'll just get all the opponents without hitting any allies. Reflex DC 23 half (yeah, not very good, but hopefully these folks are really low on HP due to all the splitting) for [roll0]. Note that those who fail their reflex saves also catch fire, taking an extra [roll1] per round until it's extinguished. SR penetration if needed: [roll2]

Casting Defensively: [roll3] vs. DC 29

Gunhaven
2019-05-16, 01:14 AM
The oozes manage to down the human and apparently down the succubi as the three who had readied attacks all blast lightning at the spirit that appeared briefly. Then the flames happened and most of the huge oozes burned up, sizzling in the fire. The smaller jellies had an easier time with it and the ghost had a clear reason why as they were incorporeal just like her. They bobbed in the air and drifted through the air, seemingly recognizing their kind.

The four oozes that were left drifted about and awaited another opportunity, even as they too barely held on.

Four are left as they move in position away from the flames and ready to do it all again.
Readied Attack 1 (vs Touch): [roll0]
Readied Damage 1: [roll1]
Readied Attack 2 (vs Touch): [roll2]
Readied Damage 2: [roll3]
Readied Attack 3 (vs Touch): [roll4]
Readied Damage 3: [roll5]

Jack_Simth
2019-06-03, 09:21 PM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros, reasoning that the beasts are going to expect a trick this time, and reasoning that they'll be focused on stopping her, tries to get some very precise timing in based on that supposition, readying herself to blast them when they start to blast her.

Flyby attack lets me take a standard action while moving.
Ring of X-Ray Vision lets me see much of what's going on (and what little I can't see, I can get via telepathic relay from the succubus who's into me).
So: Figuring that they'll want to try and hit the artful dodger that actually hurt them:
I'm readying an action to use Shadow Evocation to duplicate Dragon's Breath (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dragon-s-breath) to interrupt the actions I fully expect are coming: Them using more of their blasty abilities.
While I'm moving.

Sadly, I'm out of good blasty spells (I've got a few decent single target effects, but that'll get me temporarily killed here), so it's just Shadow Evocation.

Will DC 29 for 34%, then reflex DC 29 half, of [roll0] fire damage in a 30 foot cone, trying to catch as many as possible.
SR penetration if needed: [roll1]

So it's a combined move & standard this round. Ends with ducking back underground. Hoping I guessed right....

Gunhaven
2019-06-04, 12:24 AM
Once more with feeling the oozes wait in anticipation and once more they begin to bristle with electricity since it did something the first time. The second the spirit showed itself, though, it let loose a cone of fire and burned one of the oozes, two others squishing down, and one seeming to realize what the source truly was. The three remaining released their lightning into the ghost and bobbed while thrashing at the metal prison they found themselves in.

One of the oozes died, the other three are barely holding on.

C1 Attack: [roll0]
C1 Damage: [roll1]
C2 Attack: [roll2]
C2 Damage: [roll3]
C3 Attack: [roll4]
C3 Damage: [roll5]

Illven
2019-06-04, 12:39 AM
Heather will attempt to start chanting arcane words.

Casting summon monster 6 to summon a huge fire elemental.

Gunhaven
2019-06-10, 12:28 AM
As the chanting begins for the spell the jellies from before emerge to explore once more. Four move to surround the stirring succubus as four get to the three plasma oozes just as the fire elemental burns its way into reality. The four up top brush against the flesh of the mage while the other four brush up against the elemental and realize that, once more, nothing can be done.

Darshee gets in their Harm.

Plasma Oozes don't do anything since their readied action didn't proc. Etheric Jellies delayed until something happened, like Heather moving.

The Etheric Jellies are Incorporeal, I don't think the Elemental counts as a living target (Undead, constructs, and other non-living materials such as clothing or other normal gear are immune to this ability is the wording on it). Really if they can get burned then I guess they can also fester some elements.

The other four attack Heather, then it's y'all's turn before the Plasma Oozes can get a chance to react.
E1 Attack vs Touch: [roll0]
E1 Damage (Fort 27 to negate Charisma Damage and Half Damage): [roll1]

E2 Attack vs Touch: [roll2]
E2 Damage (Fort 27 to negate Charisma Damage and Half Damage): [roll3]

E3 Attack vs Touch: [roll4]
E3 Damage (Fort 27 to negate Charisma Damage and Half Damage): [roll5]

E4 Attack vs Touch: [roll6]
E4 Damage (Fort 27 to negate Charisma Damage and Half Damage): [roll7]

Jack_Simth
2019-06-10, 06:56 AM
The spectral nymph quietly whispers to herself "That feels better" Then notices that Heather stopped playing dead, and changes her mind about more defense, and delves back in, this time not 'teasing', reasoning that they'll expect it, and continuing with Fire based on the summon.

Flyby attack again. Both starting and ending my turn underground.

Standard inside the split move: Shadow Evocation (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/shadow-evocation/)(Dragon's Breath (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dragon-s-breath)(Gold)) again.

30 foot Cone of Fire: Will DC 29 for 34% of [roll0], and Reflex DC 29 for half after that.

Big benefit of fire here is that both the summon and Heather are immune.

Gunhaven
2019-06-25, 04:08 AM
With a series of pops the bottom floor is washed in imaginary fire, leaving only the very real source of fire to deal with the previous bops. With only 4 Etheric Jellies left they continue to bap into the target that seems like the tastiest, almost oblivious to their potential demise.

Only 4 Etheric Jellies on Heather left.

E1A: [roll0]
E1D: [roll1]
H1S: [roll2]

E2A: [roll3]
E2D: [roll4]
H2S: [roll5]

E3A: [roll6]
E3D: [roll7]
H3S: [roll8]

E4A: [roll9]
E4D: [roll10]
H4S: [roll11]

Jack_Simth
2019-06-28, 07:06 AM
The corrupted nature spirit sees how injured Heather is getting, slides up underneath her, and whispers in her ear "You are not dying today. Now would you please be a dear and finish off these pesky oozes? Mindless trash, they're a threat to creatures that actually matter." as she casts a Heal spell on the lower-plane native, washing away all of Heather's injuries.

Flyby attack. Ring of X-Ray Vision lets me navigate and aim easily underground. Cast Heal (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/heal/) on Heather (CL 14, so 140 HP of healing, also getting rid of the Charisma damage and pretty much any other status effect that might be bothering her at the moment), getting just enough above ground to touch her with the spell before hiding again.

Illven
2019-06-30, 12:57 AM
I didn't prepare many spells for this! Heather lets out chants, as the fire elemental swings.

Cast magic missile
[roll0]

Fire elemental
Slam 1 [roll1]
Dmg [roll2]
Crit if necessary [roll3]
Dmg [roll4]

Slam 2 [roll5]
Dmg [roll6]
Crit if necessary [roll7]
Dmg [roll8]

And they must make reflex saves.

Gunhaven
2019-07-05, 11:40 PM
It might be the lack of any real intelligence or knowledge that they only have one target that they can easily damage, despite the magical healing. The elemental makes its way to it's mistress and attempts to bap the incorporeal enemies with no real effect. The missiles find their target, damaging one of the oozes even as they bap into the succubi.

Still 4 jellies, bapping away at Heather! The elemental misses both attacks, the magic missile damages it just fine though.
E1A: [roll0]
E1D: [roll1]

E2A: [roll2]
E2D: [roll3]

E3A: [roll4]
E3D: [roll5]

E4A: [roll6]
E4D: [roll7]

Jack_Simth
2019-07-06, 05:42 PM
The disguised spirit grits her teeth, and says "OK then... the hard way it is" and switches over to doing things personally. She again dances out of the ground, but this time approaches close enough to touch one of the incorporeal oozes, so as to deliver a touch spell before ducking back underground.
Flyby attack again. This time the spell is Harm. Negative energy bypasses incorproeality, and these things are not themselves corporeal, so touch is fine.

Casting Defensively: Auto-pass (1d20+28 vs. a DC of 15 + double spell level (6 for Harm) = DC 27).
Touch attack: [roll0]
SR penetration (if needed): [roll1].
Will DC 30 Half of 140 negative energy damage.

Illven
2019-07-07, 03:27 PM
Fire elemental attack

Attack 1 [roll0]
Dmg [roll1]
Crit if necessary [roll2]
Dmg [roll3]
Burn [roll4]

Attack 2 [roll5]
Dmg [roll6]
Dmg [roll8]
Burn [roll9]

Heather with the creature's eyes on them, will take the total defense action.

Gunhaven
2019-07-12, 12:55 AM
Two jellies pop, one from the fellow incorporeal being’s touch and the other from the fire elemental. The two that are left seem to process the two targets and bap themselves against each, the ineffectiveness of their actions wasted on them.

Two Jellies die, Two Jellies left! One will bap Heather, the other the Fire Elemental.
EAH: [roll0]
EDH: [roll1]

EAF: [roll2]
EDF: [roll3]

Jack_Simth
2019-07-12, 07:17 AM
The - currently poorly, what with walking through walls - disguised spirit thinks Almost done... and briefly pops out of the ground once more to hit the beasts with divine power, dropping another burst of negative energy on one of the creatures.

Flyby attack again. Harm again. Negative energy bypasses incorproeality, and these things are not themselves corporeal, so touch is fine.

Casting Defensively: Auto-pass (1d20+28 vs. a DC of 15 + double spell level (6 for Harm) = DC 27).
Touch attack: [roll0]
SR penetration (if needed): [roll1].
Will DC 30 Half of 140 negative energy damage.

Illven
2019-07-26, 03:25 PM
The succubus takes the old succubus way, and lets her minions fight her battles.

Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit if necessary [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Burn [roll4]

Attack 2 [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Damage [roll8]
Burn [roll9]

Heather will total defense.

Gunhaven
2019-08-04, 05:24 AM
With a final two pops the last of the jellies sizzle away, leaving the trio a moment’s peace finally. The chaos of combat is replaced by the chirp of distant birds and the sunlight filtering in as the damage can finally be assessed. The plasma oozes had managed to tear at the metal that made up the back portion of the ship and ruined anything of potential value, turning it into a jumbled mess of scrap metal. Barely over the sounds of the newly exposed outside world and light creaking of strained metal the sound of muffled gladiatorial combat can be heard to the north, yet that creature seems eternally bound to the husk of the object.

The human lays on the pockmarked floor, enough metal existing to provide those that need physical bodies a perilous but still relatively safe path to him or the outside world. The area feels safe and, after a moment or two, is presumably as safe as it was before the object fell to the ground below. The guild members feel like the mission could be called a success even as the goblins cautiously make their way to the ruins and begin to poke at the mangled carcasses of robot and ship.

Jack_Simth
2019-08-05, 07:18 AM
Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros surveys the wreckage, and the corpse of her companion, and says mostly to herself "Such a waste... " Then glances at Heather, and asks "Say... how strong are you?" Recognizing that Casmar will keep for a while, adds "Also... do you think you have enough of those to form a perimeter? I imagine this thing is the prize, and I'd rather not turn it over to the locals just yet...."

She then tries a spell on some of the wreckage.

Specifically: Make Whole, Greater (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/make-whole/), Cleric-4. Seeing if I can restore smashed stuff from the wreckage of the ship.

Restores: [roll0] HP, with a clause that it can indeed restore destroyed items.

Illven
2019-08-07, 01:39 AM
Stronger then the average human, but not that strong, and Hot stuff is my only summoning spell for the day.

Gunhaven
2019-08-07, 06:21 AM
Easily enough you find a portion of floor to test the theory out. Like a cocoon wires form from the existing material and spread out from the central location, fixing a small section of the floor around your hand. Looking at the wreckage confirms that you could probably do roughly a 5ft cube if you had most of the pieces, less if you were missing more pieces.

Steel’s got 30 HP an inch. (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/damaging-objects/)

Jack_Simth
2019-08-07, 10:18 PM
Stronger then the average human, but not that strong, and Hot stuff is my only summoning spell for the day.

The spectral nymph perks up at that "Slightly stronger than the average human is enough to invite him back. I want your body. Can I have my way with you for a bit? You can take a moment to think about it... I'll go close up the other doors to keep the curious away for now."

With that, she zips off to the two accessible entry points for the ship, leaving the succubus at the giant hole caused by the oozes, and casts a Greater Shadow Conjouration spells at each of the entrances, duplicating Wall of Iron to block the airlock and the original crack in the hull - sure, it'll break down after a while, but it'll buy some time to get some other guild members out to babysit the place, now that we know it's got some VERY interesting things to examine.

Two Greater Shadow Conjouration spells ticked off, as noted.

Plan is to use Malevolence, Blood Money, Raise Dead, and then Cleanse to fix things up. Blood Money -> Raise Dead means 11 points of strength damage (due to how rounding works on expensive components on Blood Money). 12 points of strength is sufficient, assuming a succubus and a nymph don't mind shedding some equipment weight for a little while.

Easily enough you find a portion of floor to test the theory out. Like a cocoon wires form from the existing material and spread out from the central location, fixing a small section of the floor around your hand. Looking at the wreckage confirms that you could probably do roughly a 5ft cube if you had most of the pieces, less if you were missing more pieces.

Steel’s got 30 HP an inch. (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/damaging-objects/)
Yeah. But if someone wanted an excuse to take Technologist and pick up a few pieces of such gear, we've got one IC now (recovered & repaired from the ship). Also we can maintain them if damaged, and can even recharge them Recharge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/recharge/) has an expensive component, but it's also an Evocation suitable for Shadow Evocation (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/shadow-evocation/) (which I also have). The ship also seems to have a reactor, if you want to go to the trouble of batteries, so they can stocked up and have easy swap-outs.

I'm mostly just pointing this out for anyone interested. Granted, magic will usually be better (other than Antimagic Fields, of course).

Illven
2019-08-07, 11:04 PM
Heather turns crimson at the innuendo from the nymph. Yes, you can have my body! She agrees, instantly and quickly, before remembering that she may have a favor to cash.

Succubi summon, Babau, low is good. [roll0]

Jack_Simth
2019-08-08, 07:05 AM
The corrupted nature spirit exclaims "Great!" She then gets a smile on her face and continues with "Now just sit back, close your eyes, relax, and let me drive for a while..." and then proceeds to enact the plan: Possessing the Succubus, making certain she's not carrying too much, and then using Heather's blood to offer Casmar another chance at life... then cleaning up the borrowed body, and letting Heather go.

As planned:
Malevolence on Heather.
Take a moment to gauge the weight of Heather's equipment vs. her strength score - can't be paralyzed after we're done, after all - and shed any equipment that might put her over maximum load after the casting.
Cast Blood Money (UMD + Page of Spell Knowledge) (1st) for Raise Dead (5th) on Casmar's corpse.
Cast Cleanse (also 5th) to fix up Heather's strength damage.
... then let Heather go.

Gunhaven
2019-08-13, 01:01 AM
The walls of iron prove good enough to do in a pinch, the goblins seeming accepting of the sudden blockage to their object of worship. They're distracted enough by the Reclaimer just outside anyway, prying and poking at the demonic corpse while excitedly exclaiming about the group in their language.

The process goes off without a hitch, any sort of adversaries seeming content to stay away from the explorers. Casmar feels the tug of resurrection upon his soul and can tell that it's Darshee wishing to bring him back to the world once more. The corrupted nature spirit appears to be victorious against the oozes.

Illven
2019-08-14, 11:27 PM
Oh... oh.... you meant.... oh... Heather blushes.

Kaouse
2019-08-15, 01:25 PM
Casmar felt himself falling. Falling into an empty abyss. As he fell, bits and pieces of his paper flew away from him. Written on them were words, or perhaps more accurately, memories. Stories of the past, promises of the future. Their departure from his body was met with quiet acceptance. It meant that, even if he should die, his story would not. His story would live on in the middle realm, and in that way he would be preserved. But still...there were still so many things he hadn't done yet. So many things he hadn't discovered. There was still so much that he wanted to see.

So when he saw that his astral cord had been repaired, and felt the tug back to the land of the living, he decided to take it. He grabbed hold onto his astral cord and pulled. He pulled himself back to the living, back to the land of pain and regret. Back to the land of untold stories and unknown secrets. An infinite amount of time passed in the space of a second, and Casmar finally opened his eyes. Once more, he was alive.

Jack_Simth
2019-08-15, 09:21 PM
As Casmar regains consciousness, the disguised spirit exclaims "Oh, Heather, you were awesome! We got together, got all that pesky weight off you, and then he came! I'd do it again in a heartbeat." She pauses "Well, one of yours. Mine doesn't move so fast anymore. Yours looks like it's going pretty quick, though."

She pauses, sighs, and says "But now it's time to get down to work. There's much to be salvaged for the guild." She then sees about fixing things that look important.

Illven
2019-08-16, 10:02 PM
As Casmar regains consciousness, the disguised spirit exclaims "Oh, Heather, you were awesome! We got together, got all that pesky weight off you, and then he came! I'd do it again in a heartbeat." She pauses "Well, one of yours. Mine doesn't move so fast anymore. Yours looks like it's going pretty quick, though."

She pauses, sighs, and says "But now it's time to get down to work. There's much to be salvaged for the guild." She then sees about fixing things that look important.

Heather turns crimson and looks mortified.

Gunhaven
2019-08-24, 12:52 AM
Where was once illusions, becomes real just as the goblins outside start to get curious about what’s happening and threaten to breach the barrier. A voice mutters ”Very interesting… Let’s see what we can do about this...” from beside the group. While the source is invisible it’s obviously a guild member (based on the slight undertone of a mythical creature as opposed to the more mundane individuals that they help) of higher standing, seemingly focused on retrieval. The voice says after a moment ”Very well, that should work… Come along and stand within or near it, I think we can store it in area 37G.” Once everyone’s ready the entire ship teleports in the blink of an eye to an empty portion of the guildhall. The source of the voice finally reveals itself as a Mercane equipped with a staff as the tall blue skinned outsider distractedly says ”Good job on the retrieval. We’ll see what we can gleam from this latest find…” as it starts to explore the outside of the ship.