PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Druid archetype: Circle of Flames

rahimka
2019-01-04, 11:44 AM
I'm working on a homebrew archtype for one of my players; she's a relative newbie to the game who discovered (through roleplaying) that her Shepherd Druid is a total pyro. Now the party just reached 5th level and she's literally never once used a single Shepherd class feature, so I suggested that I could put together a Circle of Flames for her to use instead.

I'm looking for feedback on what I've got so far, and for suggestions for a 6th level ability:

Circle of Flames
Bonus Cantrip
When you choose this circle at 2nd level, you learn the Fire Bolt cantrip or a druid cantrip of your choice.
Natural Recovery
Starting at 2nd level, during a short rest, you choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your druid level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. You can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
Circle Spells
At 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th level you gain access to circle spells connected to the land where you became a druid. Once you gain access to a circle spell, you always have it prepared, and it doesn't count against the number of spells you can prepare each day. If you gain access to a spell that doesn't appear on the druid spell list, the spell is nonetheless a druid spell for you.
Druid Level Circle Spells
3rd Flaming Sphere, Scorching Ray
5th Fireball, Protection from Energy
7th Wall of Fire, Fire Shield
9th Flame Strike, Immolation
6th Level Feature
Starting at 6th level, you can do something fire related and handy, but not too powerful ***HELP ME HERE***
Fiery Spirit
At 10th level, you gain resistance to fire damage. In addition, you can choose for spells you cast to ignore resistance to fire damage.
Fire in the Flesh
At 14th level, you gain immunity to fire damage. Additionally, you can expend two uses of Wild Shape at the same time to transform into a fire elemental

---
I've thought about the shifting both Fiery Spirit and Fire in the Flesh to 6th and 10th respectively, but then I still need a good 14th level ability.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Man_Over_Game
2019-01-04, 11:46 AM
Just a heads up, there is a section specifically designed for homebrew classes/mechanics in the Forum > Gaming > Homebrew Design section of the site. You can also add specialized tags to show that your content is specifically for 5th edition.

rahimka
2019-01-04, 11:52 AM
Thanks, I'll re-post over there

Man_Over_Game
2019-01-04, 11:55 AM
Thanks, I'll re-post over there

You can click on the triangle next to your original post to request the mods to move this post over. If you do, I can delete all of my posts on it so it's nice and clean.