PDA

View Full Version : strongest of weakest: kobold-commoner

MercuryAlloy
2019-01-05, 06:22 AM
I want to play kobold-commoner, using stats from MM and non-elite ability numbers. As the only exception I get max GP for 1st level (20 gp).

Oh, and prestige classes do not allowed - they are too cool for this character.

How can I make strongest build with that?

What weapon will be the best? Probably the sling, since I can throw alchemic fire and so on by it?

What about abilities, skills and feat? trap making? Spot (to avoid cats)?

And finally what about money? Buy a few chickens to throw them into enemies? Flour against invisible ones?

I know that I should buy leather armour and rope anyway.

Also to get 2nd level in these case I still should earn 1000 exp or I need less?

mesc
2019-01-05, 06:58 AM
To make the strongest commoner kobold, you just need to become sick with festering anger. Even lv 20 barbarians will lose in arm wrestling competitions with you.

Remuko
2019-01-05, 08:20 AM
I want to play kobold-commoner, using stats from MM and non-elite ability numbers. As the only exception I get max GP for 1st level (20 gp).

Oh, and prestige classes do not allowed - they are too cool for this character.

How can I make strongest build with that?

Also to get 2nd level in these case I still should earn 1000 exp or I need less?

Exp per level doesnt change in 3.5 based on class. So a commoner will need the same exp to level as any other class.

MercuryAlloy
2019-01-05, 08:37 AM
To make the strongest commoner kobold, you just need to become sick with festering anger. Even lv 20 barbarians will lose in arm wrestling competitions with you.

... and 2 days of Vile Rigidity for addition natural armour and a few best mutations of warping touch such as wings, medusa's eyes, addition arm and so on.

That's good but it's sound like cheating, sorry.

MercuryAlloy
2019-01-05, 08:39 AM
Exp per level doesnt change in 3.5 based on class. So a commoner will need the same exp to level as any other class.

Sad, but true(

lolcat
2019-01-05, 08:44 AM
Take a look at the Commoner Handbook: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?232822-The-Commoner-Handbook :)

MercuryAlloy
2019-01-05, 08:51 AM
Take a look at the Commoner Handbook: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?232822-The-Commoner-Handbook :)

Thank you!

Uncle Pine
2019-01-05, 09:15 AM
You should also look into the Chicken Infested flaw and the Wild Cohort feat (neither of which is extensively mentioned in the linked handbook iirc).

Falontani
2019-01-05, 11:45 AM
Dragonwrought kobold with epic toughness twice!

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-01-05, 07:54 PM
Start with commoner with Chicken Infested and then graduate to adept, using an AoE spell with Fell Animate, Fell Drain, and Destructive Retribution to produce infinite exploding undead beasties? Hen grenades? Chickens: the other wight meat?