PDA

View Full Version : New campaign-help with party composition

Banana3lf
2019-01-05, 06:00 PM
So Im starting a new campaign in July and have started our 7 player party on character development and creation.
So far we have a...
Vedalkin Mystic
Half-elf Sorcerer
Firbolg Cleric
Changeling Rogue
Tiefling Warlock
Dragon-kin Artificer
And finally a tortle who cant decide on a class.

Is there a certain way I should lead my Tortle on their decision? And would it be beneficial to not have mystic and artificer in the same campaign?
The campaign is starting off at lvl 1 and is set to go to lvl 20.

HappyDaze
2019-01-05, 06:31 PM
So Im starting a new campaign in July and have started our 7 player party on character development and creation.
So far we have a...
Vedalkin Mystic
Half-elf Sorcerer
Firbolg Cleric
Changeling Rogue
Tiefling Warlock
Dragon-kin Artificer
And finally a tortle who cant decide on a class.

Is there a certain way I should lead my Tortle on their decision? And would it be beneficial to not have mystic and artificer in the same campaign?
The campaign is starting off at lvl 1 and is set to go to lvl 20.

You're starting character creation--for level 1 characters--six months before the game is set to be played? I can't imagine that some of the players wouldn't change their character ideas between now and then. For that matter, adult life being what it is, I can't imagine that some of the players may not even be in the game at that point.

Making 1st level characters is easy; I wouldn't sweat it.

Banana3lf
2019-01-05, 07:57 PM
You're starting character creation--for level 1 characters--six months before the game is set to be played? I can't imagine that some of the players wouldn't change their character ideas between now and then. For that matter, adult life being what it is, I can't imagine that some of the players may not even be in the game at that point.

Making 1st level characters is easy; I wouldn't sweat it.

Yeah we tend to be very commited. We like D&D a lot and it has made big impacts on our lives. The group has been together for 7 years and we really enjoy the experience so we put a lot of effort into prior planning. Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

CTurbo
2019-01-05, 07:59 PM
Need more melee meat shields