PDA

View Full Version : which character would you go out with?

Pages : [1] 2

understatement
2019-01-05, 10:06 PM
(there were previous threads but they're pretty much dead)

(new characters have popped in)

(it'll be some time before next post, and so far no really dumb questions has sprung up in the forum)

Idk, my head's filled up with Hilgya's possible alignments and the world inside the rift and the ramifications of whether or not Durkon/Hilgya's actions were justifiied/excusable/deplorable and it's awesome to see the OOTS together --

Ok, so which character would you go out with? (romantically/very very buddy-wise) (he/she/zhe must be sentient (so no Roy's greatsword), have considerable plot impact (so Hobgoblin Warrior from #433 doesn't count), be identifiable (sorry, TGWTH), and appear in 3+ strips); can also be someone from canon bonus materials as long as they meet criteria above).

Reference list for "help":
The Order
Team Evil (OG and add-ons)
Linear Guild (OG and replacements)
Azure City residents
Sapphire Guard
Thieves' Guild
Vector Legion
Order of the Scribble
IFFC, Qarr, splices
Empire of Blood residents
Greenhilt Family, Celia, Starshine family, Thundershield family/friends
Mechane crew
Orc Island
Deities, Outsiders
Godsmoot participants
Firmament (vampires, Thor clerics)
ABD/her son
Bandit clan
Inn of weary travelers' participants
any group/persons I missed

I know it's an extremely silly, thoughtless question in the face of world-ending decicidal abominations and probably out of the forum's character -- but I also kinda want to see how the characters' "real" charisma transfers over.

Mightymosy
2019-01-05, 10:20 PM
Silly?
Look no further than the incarnation of illicit sex herself! (look signature)

Serious?
Celia

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-06, 12:04 AM
Serious?
Celia
Protip: don't date lawyers. They barely have time for themselves, let alone a partner.

Also, I'm sure it's a coincidence that you named two Outsiders :smallwink:

The Extinguisher
2019-01-06, 12:45 AM
The correct answer is of course Bandana. A take-charge women who is tough and clever and good at giving orders?

Yes please

woweedd
2019-01-06, 12:49 AM
Celia, Celia, and did I mention Celia? Sure, by the standards of the setting, she's suicidally pacifistic, but, by real-world standards, she's extremely reasonable, and that's the point. Roy has good taste. I also like Veldrina.

Emanick
2019-01-06, 12:50 AM
I was going to say “literally nobody” until Veldrina was mentioned, but yeah, her.

Darth Paul
2019-01-06, 12:53 AM
Is there any doubt?

Sabine.

And maybe Haley, since I'm thinking Sabine would invite her along. :smallwink: Which would probably result in Elan coming along as part of the package, but, you know, I'll try anything once, I guess... it could be a case of If It's You, It's Okay (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IfItsYouItsOkay).

Wow. That escalated quickly...

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-06, 12:55 AM
by real-world standards, she's extremely reasonable.
I wish you all the luck in the world not getting scammed by someone you put trust in to keep your best interests at heart.

And would like to remind you that the advice to Mightymosy applies to you as well. At least Roy is aware that his thing with Celia is a fling founded on "mutual lust" and not anything he plans on lasting.

woweedd
2019-01-06, 01:05 AM
I wish you all the luck in the world not getting scammed by someone you put trust in to keep your best interests at heart.

And would like to remind you that the advice to Mightymosy applies to you as well. At least Roy is aware that his thing with Celia is a fling founded on "mutual lust" and not anything he plans on lasting.
A. God, you're a real joy.
B. He seems to be planning on it lasting. That said, fair point.

Mightymosy
2019-01-06, 02:52 AM
Protip: don't date lawyers. They barely have time for themselves, let alone a partner.

Also, I'm sure it's a coincidence that you named two Outsiders :smallwink:
1. Good, actually! I don't have much time either, so if a girl demands too much attention because she is bored, that can strain the relationship!
Besides, I was on the assumption the question was more about going out than having a lasting relationship?
2. What can I say? Wings ;-)
Actually, maybe it's not the wings but their respective attitudes. Sabine got sex right ("I was away only for three hours" :-) )
And Celia got ethics right, I can really feel with her.
Maybe it's because outsiders are "purer" concepts of things I like?

For real women, maybe Haley. What I also really really like is when a girl can trash-talk. Unfortunately she has sorta settled on Elan, and on not doing that as much anymore, so I find her a little less interesting now. Also, murdering people in the shower? *gross* The Giant REALLY REALLY shouldn't have put the strip that justified that into offline bonus material, if you ask me.

There's a chance I might like Sara, or the Freya high priestess, but we didn't get to know them as much.
Likewise, I've always found cute both the blond demon-girl who waits in line in front of the toilet at Dorukan's, and the gorgon in the extra comics, who works at the stone sculpture shop.

hroþila
2019-01-06, 06:30 AM
I'm dead inside, so Tsukiko.

Joerg
2019-01-06, 09:05 AM
Celia, Sangwaan, maybe Veldrina.

understatement
2019-01-06, 10:49 AM
Because I'm feeling like a total hornball today, here's a list of peeps I'd go out in real life if they were closer to my age:

Roy (because he's capable, smart, and pretty damn funny)
maybe Elan (if he grew a bit more brain)
Right-eye(because he's a family man, and he's awesome)
Hinjo (similar to Roy reasons)
O-Chul (does he even need reasons? I mean, damn)
Minrah (she's chill, understandable, and pretty nice)

If I was completely off the rocker:
Redcloak (idk what this guy's actual charisma is, but to me his is off the charts -- a beyond badass, dedicated, god of sarcasm dude, and he doesn't look too bad for a stick figure either)
Xykon (physically, no. But he's completely insane and hilariously evil at the same time, which is totally worth the risk of being blown up to pieces)
Ponchula (she's friendly and evil, what more could you ask?)

I'm guessing no one's going to pick Hilgya?

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-06, 10:57 AM
Okay, time to stop being a killjoy and actually participate in the silly thread.

Lien, not that she'd have me, her disdain for the petit-bourgeoisie is one of her more attractive qualities.

Caerulea
2019-01-06, 11:21 AM
Veldrina or Ponchula. Possibly Vaarsuvius, were they not already devoted to Inkyrius.

Aveline
2019-01-06, 11:22 AM
If I were approached by any Order member other than Belkar or Vaarsuvius I'd want to give them an honest try, but Haley is the only one I'd expect to have a second date with. People with trust issues trust each other more easily. (Pretending for the moment that her relationship with Elan is a non-issue.)

It's such a shame about Vaarsuvius, because I think we would get along the best, had they only learned to control their temper before committing acts of unambiguous Evil. V has a proper level of restraint now but some things can never be forgiven. Maybe I'd go out with Book 2 or Book 3 Vaarsuvius (pretending their relationship with Inkyrius were a non-issue).

What the heck. Let's go with Inkyrius.

The Pilgrim
2019-01-06, 11:25 AM
Miko and Hilgya. Not in a threesome, but playing the field.

If pulling that out and surviving when they realize the deal doesn't wins Sabine's heart for me, I do not know what will.

Verappo
2019-01-06, 11:27 AM
Uhm, Townspeople's sexiest man alive, the dashing swordsman Julio Scoundrel of course!

Then again, if I were looking for something more reliable, maybe there's a reason Roy is the main character, although I would hope to be a high level character in this scenario, or I wouldn't see him until the next story arc is over. Same with Elan.

Other than them and a couple Sapphire guards people I can't really think of good partners on the men's front. Maybe Felix would be the closest to something nice

denthor
2019-01-06, 01:30 PM
Dating for fun? None of them.

Of all the female characters in the strip.

Andi. I am completely tool less. A screwdriver is difficult. A hammer dangerous to me.

She is bright and capable of fixings thing. I could manage to cook. I can look past quite a bit for help in getting things fixed up.

Oh and understatement. Glad you decided to join in the conversation.

understatement
2019-01-06, 03:07 PM
^Okee. Glad I could join...?

Kish
2019-01-06, 03:14 PM
No question; Celia.

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-06, 05:09 PM
No question; Celia.
You lot are just being contrary at this point :smallannoyed:

Fyraltari
2019-01-06, 05:25 PM
:smalltongue:
I hate to choose but Celia or, failing that, Veldrina.

LadyEowyn
2019-01-06, 05:34 PM
Given that the only character who’s my type would respond to any invitation with a “Disintegrate” on the basis of me being human? No one.

Witty, intellectual, revolutionary types are definitely my style.

dps
2019-01-06, 05:51 PM
Based solely on what I think the physical appearance of the characters would be IRL? Tsukiko or Haley would be the main candidates.

Adding in personality? Probably Celia.

Riftwolf
2019-01-06, 05:52 PM
High Priestess of Sif. Maybe the nameless dwarf vampire Durkon* sent with the Exarch.

The Extinguisher
2019-01-06, 06:03 PM
Im generally confused by the amount of people who are into Celia. Like, dont get me wrong i like girls with wings too but its a little bizarre.

I have a theory, but this thread probably needs at least 6 more pages before I can test it

LadyEowyn
2019-01-06, 06:13 PM
Well, Celia’s pretty much the only major or secondary character in the comic who objects to killing people. So she’s certainly the most normal of them by the standards of regular society.

Fyraltari
2019-01-06, 06:13 PM
Well, Celia’s the only major or secondary character in the comic who objects to killing people. So she’s certainly the most normal of them by the standards of regular society.

Basically, yes.

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-06, 06:16 PM
Well, Celia’s pretty much the only major or secondary character in the comic who objects to killing people. So she’s certainly the most normal of them by the standards of regular society.
Celia is both the incarnation of the out-of-touch intellectual archetype and possessed of training that gives her high status and access to power practically anywhere she goes. "Normal" is not a word I would use to describe her.

Kish
2019-01-06, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I think looking for conspiracy theories about why people would choose someone who's both highly intelligent and easily one of the most unambiguously Good characters in the comic is a little odd.

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-06, 06:22 PM
highly intelligent
Where does this idea come from? No great intellect is required to deliver a long philosophical disquisition on D&D alignment, or to pass law school exams, or to do any of the other things Celia is actually depicted as doing.

and easily one of the most unambiguously Good characters in the comic is a little odd.
A far too easy equation of pacifism and Goodness, this.

Fyraltari
2019-01-06, 06:22 PM
Celia is both the incarnation of the out-of-touch intellectual archetype and possessed of training that gives her high status and access to power practically anywhere she goes. "Normal" is not a word I would use to describe her.
Then again, is there any character whose assesment you agree on with most people around here?

Kish
2019-01-06, 06:25 PM
It comes from reading the comic without mud-colored glasses on--something you might find it worthwhile to attempt yourself.

Michaeler
2019-01-06, 06:33 PM
This really comes down to which one hasn't put me off for ever.

So I think I'll chance it and say the MITD.

LadyEowyn
2019-01-06, 06:35 PM
@zimmerwald:
Most people you meet in our world haven’t killed anyone. Our world contains many more lawyers than violent vigilantes (closest equivalent for D&D ‘adventurer’ that I could think of).

So, by our-world standards, she’s a lot more normal than the other characters.

Liquor Box
2019-01-06, 07:14 PM
I don't think it as all odd that several people are choosing Celia. Putting aside those who claim to be preferring her on her morality, I think most people probably interpret her as being attractive. She is a Sylph, which have often been described as attractive in DnD lore. In strip 537, Roy obviously finds her incredibly hot in her dress (and from the illustrations it appears she has a great figure). If you are more inclined to the numbers, the class level geekery thread suggests she has a high charisma, which is also consistent with being attractive.

Another character who I think most people would read as being hot is Sabine, and I see several people have also chosen her. Nothing mysterious going on here.

Fyraltari
2019-01-06, 07:31 PM
You mean 310 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0310.html), right? Also don't forget the long white hair.

Aveline
2019-01-06, 07:33 PM
I don't think it as all odd that several people are choosing Celia. Putting aside those who claim to be preferring her on her morality, I think most people probably interpret her as being attractive. She is a Sylph, which have often been described as attractive in DnD lore. In strip 537, Roy obviously finds her incredibly hot in her dress (and from the illustrations it appears she has a great figure). If you are more inclined to the numbers, the class level geekery thread suggests she has a high charisma, which is also consistent with being attractive.

Another character who I think most people would read as being hot is Sabine, and I see several people have also chosen her. Nothing mysterious going on here.

I half-don't understand why people use "is attractive" as a primary criterion for dateability. To me it's like... surely there are several other important factors, yes?

I do admire both Celia and Sabine's Lawfulness, though. They both have a certain integrity, and righteous fury.

(Sabine? Righteous fury? As Zimmerwald pointed out (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=23530700&postcount=58), the IFCC has a legitimate grievance. And I always respected her loyalty to Nale even if he is a bastard.)

woweedd
2019-01-06, 07:49 PM
I half-don't understand why people use "is attractive" as a primary criterion for dateability. To me it's like... surely there are several other important factors, yes?

I do admire both Celia and Sabine's Lawfulness, though. They both have a certain integrity, and righteous fury.

(Sabine? Righteous fury? As Zimmerwald pointed out (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=23530700&postcount=58), the IFCC has a legitimate grievance. And I always respected her loyalty to Nale even if he is a bastard.)
Sabine's Chaotic.

Aveline
2019-01-06, 07:54 PM
Sabine's Chaotic.

According to whom? Because I do not get that vibe at all from the comic.

Liquor Box
2019-01-06, 07:56 PM
You mean 310 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0310.html), right? Also don't forget the long white hair.

I did mean that thanks. No idea how I got it wrong.

Liquor Box
2019-01-06, 07:58 PM
I did mean that thanks. No idea how I got it wrong.

Well, I suppose everyone's a bit different as to how important hotness is for them. It also may depend on how you interpret "go out with" in the thread question - is it a euphemism for sex or is it talking about some lasting relationship?

But I do think attractiveness is a strong instinctive criterion for most people

understatement
2019-01-06, 08:00 PM
According to whom? Because I do not get that vibe at all from the comic.

Technically, she's a CE demon.

I'd peg her more as Neutral over the comic's course -- she's pretty much loyal only to herself and Nale, despite being under the IFFC.

understatement
2019-01-06, 08:01 PM
Well, I suppose everyone's a bit different as to how important hotness is for them. It also may depend on how you interpret "go out with" in the thread question - is it a euphemism for sex or is it talking about some lasting relationship?

I was thinking more of a lasting relationship (not a one-night stand) although for some people sex might be an important component of that.

Aveline
2019-01-06, 08:03 PM

Maybe it's me who doesn't understand dating, and I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think the only reasonable pretext for dating anyone is to explore a long-term relationship. For anything else, you can just be friends.

I was thinking more of a lasting relationship (not a one-night stand) although for some people sex might be an important component of that.

That's fair. Put me down as one of those strange folk who don't find sex intrinsic to romance.

Mightymosy
2019-01-06, 08:25 PM

Understatement!

woweedd
2019-01-06, 08:35 PM
Technically, she's a CE demon.

I'd peg her more as Neutral over the comic's course -- she's pretty much loyal only to herself and Nale, despite being under the IFFC.
Why would loyalty to no one suggest she's Neutral?

Ruck
2019-01-06, 08:35 PM
Understatement!

:smallbiggrin: I see what you did there.

But yeah, attractiveness-- or more accurately, attraction, the mutual chemistry between two people-- is pretty important for both short-term trysts and long-term romantic relationships (if we're talking sexual ones; I can't speak on what asexual people want).

I don't know what my answer would be to this question. Maybe none of them. Haley is probably most compatible with me but we may be too similar in the wrong ways-- we're both kind of stubborn and would probably butt heads a lot over that. And if we didn't, there's a chance it could turn into a sort of Bonnie and Clyde situation. (She would also hate that she would have a much harder time cheating at board games against me than Elan.) Lien might be a fit because, as Zimmerwald said, she's more down to earth and less into the trappings of high society / the bourgeoisie, although I'm probably not quite rugged enough for her. (I am more physically active than you might expect for someone who posts so often on a webcomic message board, but no one's going to mistake me for a longshoreman or anything.)

Potato_Priest
2019-01-06, 08:42 PM
I'm rather surprised nobody's said Durkon Thundershield. Though I would have to be careful to avoid forested areas during the date.

Kish
2019-01-06, 09:01 PM
I'm rather surprised nobody's said Durkon Thundershield. Though I would have to be careful to avoid forested areas during the date.
He's entirely too male for me. A female character who acted exactly like him...would still not be my choice because of her specific manifestations of Lawfulness.

Sabine's alignment is unstated. Whether Rich would let a succubus not be Chaotic Evil is in question based on things he's said, but until he spells out in so many words, "I am actually even more restrictive than WotC or Paizo, you'll never-never find a demon who isn't Chaotic Evil in my writing," speculating that she's Lawful is fair game in my book.

understatement
2019-01-06, 09:07 PM
Why would loyalty to no one suggest she's Neutral?

I assumed Neutral Evil was related closely to "selfish," like Grubwiggler or Bozzok.

KorvinStarmast
2019-01-06, 09:11 PM
1. Since I am married, none of them.
2. Were I not, I'd hope for a date with Lien but I think she's spoken for so odds are that's out.
3. This leaves Amun-Zora.

Kish
2019-01-06, 09:11 PM
Evil is selfish. Grubwiggler, Bozzok, and Crystal are not particularly more selfish than Xykon or Tarquin.

Zenzis
2019-01-06, 09:32 PM
1. Since I am married, none of them.
2. Were I not, I'd hope for a date with Lien but I think she's spoken for so odds are that's out.
3. This leaves Amun-Zora.

I mean I'm just lurking in this thread, but how is Lien spoken for? Did I miss something?

Ruck
2019-01-06, 09:35 PM
I mean I'm just lurking in this thread, but how is Lien spoken for? Did I miss something?

I think it's a Don't Split the Party bonus strip where she mentions a boyfriend. (Elan is trying to set her up with Hinjo because he, uh, doesn't understand that paladins aren't an endangered species you have to encourage to mate, like pandas or some such.)

RatElemental
2019-01-06, 09:52 PM
I think I have to agree wholeheartedly with Extinguisher on Bandana, for all the same reasons. Bonus, we also know she's into girls.

Honorable mention to Jenny, the theive's guild bard. She didn't get much screen time and I for one would like to know more about her.

The Extinguisher
2019-01-06, 10:10 PM
I think I have to agree wholeheartedly with Extinguisher on Bandana, for all the same reasons. Bonus, we also know she's into girls.

Honorable mention to Jenny, the theive's guild bard. She didn't get much screen time and I for one would like to know more about her.

Thank you!

I just wanted someone to validate my interest in domineering women.
its taken so much longer than it would have on literally anywhere else i exist on the internet

KorvinStarmast
2019-01-06, 10:11 PM
I think it's a Don't Split the Party bonus strip where she mentions a boyfriend. (Elan is trying to set her up with Hinjo because he, uh, doesn't understand that paladins aren't an endangered species you have to encourage to mate, like pandas or some such.) Strip 572 F, I had forgotten it was a bonus strip.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-01-06, 10:45 PM
Where there is a shipping thread, there must be Homestuck nonsense! Here are what I imagine to be the comic's most desirable pusherthrobs:

Matesprit: Roy. He's hot, he cares about justice, and he'll get you through anything Alternia can throw at you.
Moirail: Depends. Miko had bottomless conciliatory needs, but Elan was probably the only one with the potential to satisfy them.
Kismesis: Tarquin. Self-explanatory if you know what a kismesis is. We already know he's into that kind of relationship.
Auspistice: Thor/Loki. Don't destroy the world, you two.

Here are some of my personal faves that aren't already in a quadrant:

DG <3 Therkla
DG <> Thog
DG <3< Grubwiggler
DG c3< Miko c3< Tsukiko

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-06, 10:55 PM
Strip 572 F, I had forgotten it was a bonus strip.
She also mentions him here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1032.html).

No, I don't keep tabs on Lien's relationship status, why do you ask?

2D8HP
2019-01-06, 11:05 PM
I'm married, and far past dating, but if I was "seeking other" Andromeda and Inkyrius seem to have compatible personalities, both Haley and Therkla seem mighty fine, but since they would probably pine for Elan they're out, but the most attractive (in looks) is: "Darkblood Gloomgloom", "evil fiendish necromancer":

http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/oots/images/1/19/Darkblood.PNG/revision/latest/top-crop/width/300/height/300?cb=20170403221132
It's the pink shirt.
REALLY!!!

dps
2019-01-07, 02:14 AM
Maybe it's me who doesn't understand dating, and I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think the only reasonable pretext for dating anyone is to explore a long-term relationship. For anything else, you can just be friends.

I suppose it depends on your definition of dating. As a straight male, I'm not sure there's exactly a hard line between dating and hanging out with a straight female friend if neither of you are taken.

Gift Jeraff
2019-01-07, 02:17 AM
Hel in her full goddess size.

woweedd
2019-01-07, 02:21 AM
Hel in her full goddess size.
Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex, my friend. She will crush you like a twig. Also, she probably has, like, every disease.

Mightymosy
2019-01-07, 03:55 AM

You put fame to your name :-)

(to be fair it seems kinda obvious to me, but there you, thanks for clarifying)

It's always two steps:
1. Physical attraction => spark interest
2. Character goodness => solidify interest.

Can't think of an exception, actually, but they may exist.

Silvery goodness.

I'm married, and far past dating, but if I was "seeking other" Andromeda and Inkyrius seem to have compatible personalities, both Haley and Therkla seem mighty fine, but since they would probably pine for Elan they're out, but the most attractive (in looks) is: "Darkblood Gloomgloom", "evil fiendish necromancer":

http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/oots/images/1/19/Darkblood.PNG/revision/latest/top-crop/width/300/height/300?cb=20170403221132
It's the pink shirt.
REALLY!!!

Great find! Now if only it wasn't for the fangs.....Never been too much into bloodsucking monsters, myself

Emanick
2019-01-07, 04:30 AM
It's always two steps:
1. Physical attraction => spark interest
2. Character goodness => solidify interest.

Can't think of an exception, actually, but they may exist.
I can think of exceptions from my own life, but you’re certainly right that that’s the norm.

hroþila
2019-01-07, 04:45 AM
I suppose it depends on your definition of dating. As a straight male, I'm not sure there's exactly a hard line between dating and hanging out with a straight female friend if neither of you are taken.
As another straight male, I disagree vehemently with this.

Emanick
2019-01-07, 05:06 AM
As another straight male, I disagree vehemently with this.

As yet another straight male, it... really depends on the situation. With most of my straight female friends, it’s pretty clear-cut that when we’re hanging out, it’s clearly platonic, yet not always. My longest-running relationship to date began as just hanging out, and it was impossible for us to tell when it became something more than that - by the time I figured out what was going on, it was too late. :smalltongue: That’s not the only time I’ve been in that situation, either.

So yeah, it depends.

The Pilgrim
2019-01-07, 07:41 AM
As yet another straight man, the hard line between dating and hanging out with a straight female friend lies in the presence or absence of sexual intercourse. All that "friends with benefits" stuff is trendy nowadays, but usually evolves either into a romantic involvement or into someone's feelings hurt. Emotions are tricky, you can't sort the ones you want from the ones you don't.

Darth Paul
2019-01-07, 09:03 AM

Technically, I am a tall version of Durkon. Bearded, more or less LG, don't care much for forests. :smallbiggrin:

Mightymosy
2019-01-07, 09:56 AM
As yet another straight man, the hard line between dating and hanging out with a straight female friend lies in the presence or absence of sexual intercourse. All that "friends with benefits" stuff is trendy nowadays, but usually evolves either into a romantic involvement or into someone's feelings hurt. Emotions are tricky, you can't sort the ones you want from the ones you don't.

Is it, though?
I feel that friends with benefits is more something pushed by media than something happening much in real life. The only case I know of turned out exactly like you said: in the end the two declared a long time relationship.
In other words, it's mostly another term for couples who aren't sure about each other yet, or at the very least don't want to announce to the public.
In other words, something that existed long before the friends with benefits hype, and I suspect will always exist.

Quebbster
2019-01-07, 10:33 AM
My spontaneous answer will Always be Haley, I have a thing for redheads. Through after Reading through the suggestion, I could see Lien and Veldrina as options too.

The Extinguisher
2019-01-07, 10:42 AM
admittedly i dont know many straight people, but i do know plenty of people sho have had successful friends with benefits relationships. Also people who have had successful romantic relationships without sex. And deeply intimate platonic relationships.

Trying to draw lines to define relationships doesnt really work

KorvinStarmast
2019-01-07, 12:51 PM
i do know plenty of people who have had successful friends with benefits relationships. Had one of those once in the 80's; it was definitely an exception to the norm.
Trying to draw lines to define relationships doesn't really work Yeah, fair point.

Then again, for me, there is a very clear line. Today is my 30th wedding anniversary; there is nothing complicated about our relationship except for the complicated parts. :smallbiggrin: Lucky, I am.

Liquor Box
2019-01-07, 03:02 PM
These are the characters I think are written to be attractive:

Elan (explicitly stated to be hot, 18 Cha, Hayley wants to check out 18 Cha 'under the hood', Samantha&Hayley&Therkla all want him)
Hayley (decent charisma, the boys check her out, Elan wants her, her being in the bath is sexy. On the other hand, she compares herself negatively to thinner characters)
Belkar (scores that hot bard in the thieves guild pretty easily, explicitly known as sexy)
Tsukiko (Belkar checks her out)
Nale (twin of Elan, who is clearly attractive)
Hilgya (by dwarf standards - more a guess on my part, don't have a lot to back this one up)
Sabine (a succubus which are an attractive race, 26 charisma, can change shape to anything - probably the hottest character in the comic)
Miko (Roy says she is hot, Sabine says she is sexy with a great body)
Lirian (that she wears a midriff baring outfit suggests a good body at least)
Celia (Sylphs are usually attractive, Roy thinks shes hawtness, high charisma)
Julia (most popular girl in school, the little wizard is into her, teachers give her a pass because of her boobs)
Samantha (high charisma, implied to be more attractive than Hayley)
Roy's mother (pretty obvious)
Violet (looks that way)
Tarquin (Hayley comments that Elan will be hot when old after meeting Tarquin)

These are characters I'm not sure about:

Hinjo
Lien
Sooon Kim
Dorukan
Girard
Serini
Roy (bald. But must have decent guns to be as strong as he is, Celia and Miko both wanted his body)

These are the characters I think are written to not be attractive:

Durkon (dwarf, low charisma)
Varsuvious (low charisma, not very fit)
Xykon
Redcloak (goblin, missing eye)
Thog (orc)
Zzzdtri (mostly a guess by me)
O-Chul (bald, charisma dump stat)
Jacinda
Laurin (old)
Malack
Eugene (old)
Minrah (mostly just an impression probably based on how shes drawn)
Andi (an impression based on how shes drawn)
Therkla (orc)
Bozzok (orc)
Crystal (Belkar, who is an authority on female hotness, says she is a lot less hot than Sabine)

Did I miss anyone significant?

Aveline
2019-01-07, 03:18 PM
I think Roy is written to be attractive. I think he's drawn attractively as well.

Thog's perspective portrait from the Cliffport arc looked quite handsome as well. Speaking of Orcs, I think Therkla belongs in "portrayed as attractive".

Also Malack is good-looking, so there.

Liquor Box
2019-01-07, 03:28 PM
I think Roy is written to be attractive. I think he's drawn attractively as well.

Thog's perspective portrait from the Cliffport arc looked quite handsome as well. Speaking of Orcs, I think Therkla belongs in "portrayed as attractive".

Also Malack is good-looking, so there.

Roy is an interesting one for me. I kind of think of him as looking a bit like Dwayne Johnson (big muscles), and I think that is an attractive look for a man. SO i can fully understand the women putting him in their "would date" category, but I don't think he is intended to be attractive. On the other hand both Miko and Celia were up for it with him, so I will switch him into my unsure category.

As for Therkla and Thog, I may be revealing a bit of a species preference here, but I am struggling to put an orc with tusks protruding outside their lips into the hot category.

Aveline
2019-01-07, 03:36 PM
The fangs are adorable. You know you want to get with Thog.

Mightymosy
2019-01-07, 03:37 PM
Nice list, and ditto for the tusks. They may be cute on animals, but as mating partner? no, sorry to be superficial, but that would put me off...
The way Therkla's story is written also reads like she is not good-looking, I guess.

I think Jacinda is supposed to be hot, though. Sure, furry and what not, but the way Tarquin set up his world with story stereotypes, I think the catgirl assassin is supposed to be hot basically 95%

2D8HP
2019-01-07, 03:48 PM
...These are the characters I think are written to not be attractive:

...Thog (orc)...

...As for Therkla and Thog, I may be revealing a bit of a species preference here, but I am struggling to put an orc with tusks protruding outside their lips into the hot category.

The fangs are adorable. You know you want to get with Thog.

Thog no want icky cooties anyway!

B. Dandelion
2019-01-07, 03:56 PM
Roy doesn't have low Charisma. Word of Giant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=211493&postcount=201) is that he's in the "decent" range. I imagine he's actually fairly good-looking, just not up to Elan's movie-star standards.

I'm not sure about Redcloak having low Charisma either. The Geekery thread has him at 12+, and it wouldn't surprise me seeing as a big part of his M.O. is leading, persuading, and inspiring others to fight for his cause. He's still a goblin... but by their standards he's probably not considered unattractive.

Bastian Weaver
2019-01-07, 04:01 PM
Elan. Bards should hang out with bards.

Liquor Box
2019-01-07, 04:11 PM
Roy doesn't have low Charisma. Word of Giant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=211493&postcount=201) is that he's in the "decent" range. I imagine he's actually fairly good-looking, just not up to Elan's movie-star standards.

I'm not sure about Redcloak having low Charisma either. The Geekery thread has him at 12+, and it wouldn't surprise me seeing as a big part of his M.O. is leading, persuading, and inspiring others to fight for his cause. He's still a goblin... but by their standards he's probably not considered unattractive.

Yeah, I moved Roy

As for Redcloak, I didn't low Charisma, I cited his race (I was coming from a human perspective) and that he is missing an eye. He also has protruding tusks (again related to race).

Aveline
2019-01-07, 04:29 PM
Better include MitD in the not-good-looking category.

B. Dandelion
2019-01-07, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I moved Roy

You still have "low charisma" by his name though.

As for Redcloak, I didn't low Charisma, I cited his race (I was coming from a human perspective) and that he is missing an eye. He also has protruding tusks (again related to race).

...I could have sworn I saw "low charisma" there, sorry.

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-07, 04:32 PM
Better include MitD in the not-good-looking category.
"And yet. . . beautiful."

understatement
2019-01-07, 06:06 PM
These are the characters I think are written to be attractive:

Elan (explicitly stated to be hot, 18 Cha, Hayley wants to check out 18 Cha 'under the hood', Samantha&Hayley&Therkla all want him)
Hayley (decent charisma, the boys check her out, Elan wants her, a people comment on her looks. On the other hand, she compares herself negatively to thinner characters)
Belkar (scores that hot bard in the thieves guild pretty easily, explicitly known as sexy)
Tsukiko (Belkar checks her out)
Nale (twin of Elan, who is clearly attractive)
Hilgya (by dwarf standards - more a guess on my part, don't have a lot to back this one up)
Sabine (a succubus which are an attractive race, 26 charisma, can change shape to anything - probably the hottest character in the comic)
Miko (Roy says she is hot)
Lirian (that she wears a midriff baring outfit suggests a good body at least)
Celia (Sylphs are usually attractive, Roy thinks shes hawtness, high charisma)
Julia (most popular girl in school, the little wizard is into her, teachers give her a pass because of her boobs)
Samantha (high charisma, implied to be more attractive than Hayley)
Roy's mother (pretty obvious)
Violet (looks that way)

These are characters I'm not sure about:

Hinjo
Lien
Tarquin (Tarquin is old, which is generally not seen as attractive. On the other hand he appears to look like an older version of Elan (who is handsome), so I think he is probably attractive for his age)
Sooon Kim
Dorukan
Girard
Serini
Roy (bald. But must have decent guns to be as strong as he is, Celia and Miko both wanted his body)

These are the characters I think are written to not be attractive:

Durkon (dwarf, low charisma)
Varsuvious (low charisma, not very fit)
Xykon
Redcloak (goblin, missing eye)
Thog (orc)
Zzzdtri (mostly a guess by me)
O-Chul (bald, charisma dump stat)
Jacinda
Laurin (old)
Malack
Eugene (old)
Minrah (mostly just an impression probably based on how shes drawn)
Andi (an impression based on how shes drawn)
Therkla (orc)

Did I miss anyone significant?

Lmao, I'm just cracking up in that there's no reason for Xykon. Absolutely no reason at all.

Thieves' Guild people? (Bozzok, Crystal, Hank, etc). And yes, MiTD.

C'mon, dig the tusks.

hroþila
2019-01-07, 06:08 PM
Tarquin is meant to be physically attractive. "I certainly don't mind learning that you'll still look sexy with grey hair" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0726.html).

Baphomet
2019-01-07, 06:22 PM
Roy and Lien both have good heads on their shoulders, seem snark-capable, and aren't crazy. Either one of them would be a top pick if they weren't adventurers; I bet it would be nerve-wracking to have a partner who is constantly out away from home and could die at any time. Bandana's cool and merely adventurer-adjacent, but I'm not her type. So, final answer: Inkyrus. Seems smart and attentive, cool with adoption, honest profession, and willing to put up with at least a little absentmindedness on my part (though obviously not as much as V was willing to dish out). The difference in our respective life expectancies would be kind of a bummer, though.

Caerulea
2019-01-07, 06:26 PM
Tarquin is meant to be physically attractive. "I certainly don't mind learning that you'll still look sexy with grey hair" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0726.html).
But he is pretty old. Then again, heir to empire is a nice position.

Fyraltari
2019-01-07, 06:33 PM
But he is pretty old.

I am told that everybody does not have a problem with that (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SilverFox).

Ruck
2019-01-07, 07:02 PM
I am told that everybody does not have a problem with that (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SilverFox).

I can confirm this.

Son of A Lich!
2019-01-07, 07:08 PM
I think you ought put an age category on the straight male bit when you are talking about whether or not a guy and a girl can hang out when both are mutually available.

When I was a teen, I had a hard time ever hanging out with women one on one without worrying if it was a date and she was into me, relationship or otherwise.

By the time I joined the Navy (21), I had a solid understanding of the difference between "Lets go get something to eat" and "I want to spend time with you alone".

After College, went to an Adventure League session where the DM seemed to have a tough time differentiating the sexual aspect of a charm spell and the friendly aspect of a charm spell, when dealing with a female PC.

I think there is definitely a period where the fear of losing out on an opportunity for a relationship with a single female friend is greater then the general desire for friendship. It's just something that needs to be learned with regular interaction with friends.

That having been said, I almost got a tattoo of Therkla because of her story arc. I love her character and I think she foils Haley pretty well as a rogue-type that speaks her mind and desires outright and doesn't hold things in, but is still tactful in how she says things. I can get over the tusks.

I don't understand what anyone sees in Sabrine; I get sexual expertise and support women being proud of their sexual identity, but the power dynamics of her and Nale must be a nightmare to wade through. That's baggage I wouldn't want to waste time with. I'm sure the sex would be great but any talk in between would be so alien to my perspective of the world that I wouldn't even know how to relate to her.

Celia, assuming that Roy isn't in the picture anymore, would be a good ferryboat relationship. She's independent enough to not develop dependency or fret about commitment issues, but she isn't merciless and consumptive like Sabrine. I would have some problems talking with her about material plane shenanigans (For the hundredth time, I don't have levels in Sorcerer due to my hit dice), but I think I can relate to the Plane of Air better then I could to the Abyss.

I think I would give V space if I knew her. I don't really know how to deal with the whole global familicide thing. She's lucky she just got a divorce from the whole thing thus far (The gate blew up too, but lets be real here... that gate was going to blow as soon as the pyramid was uncovered). I would almost* consider V emotionally abusive to her friends and family, and while I love the intellect and perceptive knowledge she has at her finger tips, I don't think I would spend much time persuing something while she's clearly... y'know... dealing with some things right now...

She is kind of like the Sabrine Inverse, in this case.

(That is assuming that V is female and attracted to males)

*V regularly mocks and belittles the contributions of her teammates (though it's getting better, recently), puts the burden of her shortcomings on Durkon and Elan in DStP when she is clearly being self-destructive. Between Inkyrus introduction in... NCftPB(?) or Dungeon Crawling Fools, I forgot that she existed until the ABD showed up in DStP. Blackwing is Magically Bounded to V and found it belittling to speak common to her and when the closest analog to a thinking breathing person that you 'love' is treated like a class feature you forget you even have, it's hard to say that she has anything emotionally healthy to a relationship but a corrosive attitude toward her time. The only thing that puts a star by her emotional abuse is that she isn't going out of her way to hurt her friends, and is simply ignorant of their needs, emotionally, in lieu of her own.

Caerulea
2019-01-07, 07:25 PM
I can confirm this.
It is that he is 4-5 times my age that makes it a little weird. For all of y'all that are 30-40, it is more reasonable.

Ruck
2019-01-07, 08:05 PM
It is that he is 4-5 times my age that makes it a little weird. For all of y'all that are 30-40, it is more reasonable.

Oh, just to be clear, I was referring to myself. :smallbiggrin: Turns out going gray early wasn't so bad after all, if my wife's opinion on the subject counts for anything.

Liquor Box
2019-01-07, 08:17 PM

The rule of thumb for what is weird is half your age plus seven.

Or to do it in reverse; your age minus seven, doubled.

Fyraltari
2019-01-07, 08:26 PM

No dating under 14?

Ruck
2019-01-07, 08:27 PM
No dating under 14?

The system tends to break down at extremes.

2D8HP
2019-01-07, 08:30 PM

So 32 to 86 for me.

A little sad that I'm too young for Elizabeth the Second but...

...Woo Hoo!

Look out Helen Mirren!

The Extinguisher
2019-01-07, 08:46 PM

this leads to some pretty bad results (a 20 year old should absolutely not be dating a 17 year old). the only rule should be as long as both parties are adults, and the age gap does not form some intrinsic imbalance of power (which only really is resolved at a case by case basis)

KorvinStarmast
2019-01-07, 09:22 PM
this leads to some pretty bad results (a 20 year old should absolutely not be dating a 17 year old). the only rule should be as long as both parties are adults, and the age gap does not form some intrinsic imbalance of power (which only really is resolved at a case by case basis) Absolutely? Disagree. I've a seen a few cases like that which were stable, but as a general rule of thumb I do agree with you do to having seen enough cases on the (ugh) side.

woweedd
2019-01-07, 10:51 PM
I think you ought put an age category on the straight male bit when you are talking about whether or not a guy and a girl can hang out when both are mutually available.

When I was a teen, I had a hard time ever hanging out with women one on one without worrying if it was a date and she was into me, relationship or otherwise.

By the time I joined the Navy (21), I had a solid understanding of the difference between "Lets go get something to eat" and "I want to spend time with you alone".

After College, went to an Adventure League session where the DM seemed to have a tough time differentiating the sexual aspect of a charm spell and the friendly aspect of a charm spell, when dealing with a female PC.

I think there is definitely a period where the fear of losing out on an opportunity for a relationship with a single female friend is greater then the general desire for friendship. It's just something that needs to be learned with regular interaction with friends.

That having been said, I almost got a tattoo of Therkla because of her story arc. I love her character and I think she foils Haley pretty well as a rogue-type that speaks her mind and desires outright and doesn't hold things in, but is still tactful in how she says things. I can get over the tusks.

I don't understand what anyone sees in Sabrine; I get sexual expertise and support women being proud of their sexual identity, but the power dynamics of her and Nale must be a nightmare to wade through. That's baggage I wouldn't want to waste time with. I'm sure the sex would be great but any talk in between would be so alien to my perspective of the world that I wouldn't even know how to relate to her.

Celia, assuming that Roy isn't in the picture anymore, would be a good ferryboat relationship. She's independent enough to not develop dependency or fret about commitment issues, but she isn't merciless and consumptive like Sabrine. I would have some problems talking with her about material plane shenanigans (For the hundredth time, I don't have levels in Sorcerer due to my hit dice), but I think I can relate to the Plane of Air better then I could to the Abyss.

I think I would give V space if I knew her. I don't really know how to deal with the whole global familicide thing. She's lucky she just got a divorce from the whole thing thus far (The gate blew up too, but lets be real here... that gate was going to blow as soon as the pyramid was uncovered). I would almost* consider V emotionally abusive to her friends and family, and while I love the intellect and perceptive knowledge she has at her finger tips, I don't think I would spend much time persuing something while she's clearly... y'know... dealing with some things right now...

*V regularly mocks and belittles the contributions of her teammates (though it's getting better, recently), puts the burden of her shortcomings on Durkon and Elan in DStP when she is clearly being self-destructive. Between Inkyrus introduction in... NCftPB(?) or Dungeon Crawling Fools, I forgot that she existed until the ABD showed up in DStP. Blackwing is Magically Bounded to V and found it belittling to speak common to her and when the closest analog to a thinking breathing person that you 'love' is treated like a class feature you forget you even have, it's hard to say that she has anything emotionally healthy to a relationship but a corrosive attitude toward her time. The only thing that puts a star by her emotional abuse is that she isn't going out of her way to hurt her friends, and is simply ignorant of their needs, emotionally, in lieu of her own.

Isn't V Genderqueer?

Liquor Box
2019-01-07, 10:57 PM
Lmao, I'm just cracking up in that there's no reason for Xykon. Absolutely no reason at all.

Thieves' Guild people? (Bozzok, Crystal, Hank, etc). And yes, MiTD.

C'mon, dig the tusks.

I added Bozzok and Crystal (both to the unattractive list).

Liquor Box
2019-01-07, 10:58 PM
No dating under 14?

Well a 13 or 12 year old could go under 14. When you're young a year makes a big difference.

this leads to some pretty bad results (a 20 year old should absolutely not be dating a 17 year old). the only rule should be as long as both parties are adults, and the age gap does not form some intrinsic imbalance of power (which only really is resolved at a case by case basis)
I think a 17 year old is ok for a 20 year old.

We can agree to disagree - that's why the rule is great. It settles any disagreements with an unassailable ruling on the rightness of the matter.

understatement
2019-01-07, 11:06 PM
Think it's the psychological gap. A 35 and a 45 year-old would [probably] have gone through more phases of life together than a 15 and a 25 year old.

Sloanzilla
2019-01-07, 11:33 PM
Kazumi- I mean in some world where Kazumi is single but still adorable.

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-08, 01:46 AM
A little sad that I'm too young for Elizabeth the Second
I find myself a little disappointed.

Mightymosy
2019-01-08, 02:38 AM

That's why I put Sabine as silly and Celia as serious choice - of course I don't want to date someone as murderous as Sabine for real! The choice only makes sense if you apply some huge dosage of additional wish-fullfillment (i.e. handwave away a couple things said about her in the comic).

It's just that a girl who *lives* sexy, is proud of it, comfortable with it, and confident about it, is one of the hottest things on earth for some people.
Also, being direct and no-nonsense is a huge plus. Two many feel the need to hide/neglect their sexuality and their desires - some even from themselves - which I and others feel is a turndown.
Some men like the "inexperienced virgin" stereotype, and generally spoken, that is HUGELY overblown in media, as if that would be the ideal every man wishes - ideally getting a virgin wife. Which just isn't true for quite a lot of boys and men, who WANT females with experience and fun with sex, but media mostly ignore, or downright demonize this kind of females....

Anyway, i don't get what you said about power stuff between Nale and Sabine - I got the impression these two go well together.

Quebbster
2019-01-08, 03:11 AM
So 32 to 86 for me.

...Woo Hoo!

Look out Helen Mirren!

I considered putting together a Movie night with various Movies where Helen Mirren has nude scenes, at different ages. She definitely aged well.
(the most recent such Movie I am aware of is Calendar Girls, which I suppose has aged a bit too now...).

Vemynal
2019-01-08, 04:45 AM
Definitely Roy, but I'm also the gay version of Elan soooooooo

Mightymosy
2019-01-08, 12:34 PM
Oh defintely, Roy is the coolest! Though, we do have the opportunity to see him as a woman. And unfortunately his physical appearance is not my type.....Glad he has fans though! Guy deserves it!

Ruck
2019-01-08, 12:42 PM
So 32 to 86 for me.

...Woo Hoo!

Look out Helen Mirren!
Happy 5-0!

2D8HP
2019-01-08, 12:50 PM
Happy 5-0!

Thanks @Ruck!

DaOldeWolf
2019-01-08, 03:55 PM
I would either go with Laurin because I like smart girls and she does have some really nice features though considering she has a husband, it sounds unlikely that it would work.

My second pick would be either Minrah or Lien. They both seem like really nice girls. I would love to learn more about about either one. A long and nice converstion sounds like a great date to me. :smallsmile:

And my last pick would be Elan. The dude sounds like a lot of fun even if he isnt the smartest.

2D8HP
2019-01-08, 04:08 PM
I considered putting together a Movie night with various Movies where Helen Mirren has nude scenes, at different ages. She definitely aged well.
(the most recent such Movie I am aware of is Calendar Girls, which I suppose has aged a bit too now...).

I saw "Calender Girls", and the acting was superb!

A Helen Mirren/Harvey Keitel film pairing seems obvious to me, both for their um...

....expressiveness!

Dame Mirren waa imprinted on me early with Excalibur which had Patrick Stewart and Liam Neeson as well, and all should be in the "Live action" film of Order of the Stick.

Ruck
2019-01-08, 04:22 PM
I would either go with Laurin because I like smart girls and she does have some really nice features though considering she has a husband, it sounds unlikely that it would work.

Does she? I remember a daughter being mentioned, but not a husband.

Son of A Lich!
2019-01-08, 08:31 PM
That's why I put Sabine as silly and Celia as serious choice - of course I don't want to date someone as murderous as Sabine for real! The choice only makes sense if you apply some huge dosage of additional wish-fullfillment (i.e. handwave away a couple things said about her in the comic).

It's just that a girl who *lives* sexy, is proud of it, comfortable with it, and confident about it, is one of the hottest things on earth for some people.
Also, being direct and no-nonsense is a huge plus. Two many feel the need to hide/neglect their sexuality and their desires - some even from themselves - which I and others feel is a turndown.
Some men like the "inexperienced virgin" stereotype, and generally spoken, that is HUGELY overblown in media, as if that would be the ideal every man wishes - ideally getting a virgin wife. Which just isn't true for quite a lot of boys and men, who WANT females with experience and fun with sex, but media mostly ignore, or downright demonize this kind of females....

Anyway, i don't get what you said about power stuff between Nale and Sabine - I got the impression these two go well together.

I think that whole "Virgin Wife" thing is marketing to pre-teen boys, largely. A dude who isn't sure if he knows how to do the sex wants a partner who is less experienced then he is and submissive. I think this also plays a lot into the inverse of the "Sparkling Vampire" where preteen girls look for guys that they feel a sense of predation that is reserved due to overwhelming feelings of love.

I agree that a Woman that is expressive in her sexuality and is proud of her sexual identity is appealing.... but there are a lot of women in the world that are sexual expressive and not people that I could spend more then an hour with. It's a perk, not a requirement. I'm always hesitant to pursue a woman that is over 20 with her virginity (Though I have made exceptions in the past), simply because I think looking for marriage without testing your sexual compatibility is sweet, but naive. I also don't want to feel like I'm pushing her to do something she isn't comfortable with and sex is a pretty high bar. But on the other side, if she simply hasn't had a partner (Lives at home and never had availability, or bad relationships that shes ditched before they could get intimate, that sort of thing) that takes a load of my mind, but i'm not exactly eager to be in bed with a student. And society does put a lot of value on your 'first', and that kind of raises expectations a lot.

But I'm rambling on gender theory here, so lets get back to Sabrine.

I assumed we would have to hand wave a bunch of things (Like the negative energy drain and the possibility of being murdered afterward), but she is emotionally tied up in Nale tight. At that point, if you are looking for more then a one night stand, you are dating her AND Nale.

And just to remind you, Nale is completely unstable. She may be chaotic evil and he might be lawful evil, but that's where they foil each other best (Nale doesn't plan out what he wants from his excursions, Sabrine helps keep him on track of the bigger picture). Are there forms that shes willing to take for Nale that are off limits to you? Nale is cool with her sleeping around, but that doesn't mean he's cool With you specifically. Remember how he tried to kill his twin brother for the simple fact that he existed? You are sleeping with the love of that guys life, and she holds no loyalty to you.

And, from my perspective, One night stands are like wax fruit. Sure, it'll fill you up, but it's not going to really satisfy anything.

Isn't V Genderqueer?

V is also 2 dimensional with no genitalia (that has ever been shown, featured or talked about). If we're talking about who we would date, and V is Male, then I'm significantly less attracted to him. If she is female, then... well... I'd still give her space, but I would be open in the future to a few dates to test the waters. If she's not attracted to men, well then it's no sweat off of my back. I'd be just as interested in working out his/her issues as a friend in that case.

Caerulea
2019-01-08, 08:34 PM
V is also 2 dimensional with no genitalia (that has ever been shown, featured or talked about).
Not quite correct. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0177.html)

Son of A Lich!
2019-01-08, 10:15 PM
Not quite correct. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0177.html)

... Touche...

But I would argue that those aren't V's natural genitalia. Can we rule out that her gender wasn't changed with the polymorph? But, I concede your point. V's Genitals have been talked about before in OotS. :D

RatElemental
2019-01-08, 10:35 PM
... Touche...

But I would argue that those aren't V's natural genitalia. Can we rule out that her gender wasn't changed with the polymorph? But, I concede your point. V's Genitals have been talked about before in OotS. :D

There was also a brief mention in one of the guest strips (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/GuestStrips.html), but those aren't canonical anyway.

Caerulea
2019-01-08, 10:40 PM
There was also a brief mention in one of the guest strips (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/GuestStrips.html), but those aren't canonical anyway.
Belker also mentions it (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0028.html) again early on.

DaOldeWolf
2019-01-09, 12:32 AM
Does she? I remember a daughter being mentioned, but not a husband.

I would imagine that she would be married. Beautiful women like her arent likely to be single mothers.

Ruck
2019-01-09, 02:07 AM
I would imagine that she would be married. Beautiful women like her arent likely to be single mothers.

Given her career, I think it's very likely she's a single mother. Also, she mentions providing for her daughter but never mentions a husband either as provider or providee.

Emanick
2019-01-09, 02:39 AM
Given her career, I think it's very likely she's a single mother. Also, she mentions providing for her daughter but never mentions a husband either as provider or providee.

It never even occurred to me to think of her marital status, but Tarquin has spent much of the last 30 years married to what seems like a series of trophy wives, after all, and the OOTSverse seems like it might have fewer sexual double standards than our own, so it's not unreasonable to think that a high-status woman like her might have a husband who fills a similar role.

She could even be married to one of the other members of the Vector Legion - Shoulder Pad Guy, anyone? - but we have no evidence of that, so it would be silly to assume as much.

(To be clear, I think you're probably right - I just felt it would be interesting to list other possibilities.)

Mightymosy
2019-01-09, 04:15 AM
I think that whole "Virgin Wife" thing is marketing to pre-teen boys, largely. A dude who isn't sure if he knows how to do the sex wants a partner who is less experienced then he is and submissive. I think this also plays a lot into the inverse of the "Sparkling Vampire" where preteen girls look for guys that they feel a sense of predation that is reserved due to overwhelming feelings of love.

I agree that a Woman that is expressive in her sexuality and is proud of her sexual identity is appealing.... but there are a lot of women in the world that are sexual expressive and not people that I could spend more then an hour with. It's a perk, not a requirement. I'm always hesitant to pursue a woman that is over 20 with her virginity (Though I have made exceptions in the past), simply because I think looking for marriage without testing your sexual compatibility is sweet, but naive. I also don't want to feel like I'm pushing her to do something she isn't comfortable with and sex is a pretty high bar. But on the other side, if she simply hasn't had a partner (Lives at home and never had availability, or bad relationships that shes ditched before they could get intimate, that sort of thing) that takes a load of my mind, but i'm not exactly eager to be in bed with a student. And society does put a lot of value on your 'first', and that kind of raises expectations a lot.

But I'm rambling on gender theory here, so lets get back to Sabrine.

I assumed we would have to hand wave a bunch of things (Like the negative energy drain and the possibility of being murdered afterward), but she is emotionally tied up in Nale tight. At that point, if you are looking for more then a one night stand, you are dating her AND Nale.

And just to remind you, Nale is completely unstable. She may be chaotic evil and he might be lawful evil, but that's where they foil each other best (Nale doesn't plan out what he wants from his excursions, Sabrine helps keep him on track of the bigger picture). Are there forms that shes willing to take for Nale that are off limits to you? Nale is cool with her sleeping around, but that doesn't mean he's cool With you specifically. Remember how he tried to kill his twin brother for the simple fact that he existed? You are sleeping with the love of that guys life, and she holds no loyalty to you.

And, from my perspective, One night stands are like wax fruit. Sure, it'll fill you up, but it's not going to really satisfy anything.

V is also 2 dimensional with no genitalia (that has ever been shown, featured or talked about). If we're talking about who we would date, and V is Male, then I'm significantly less attracted to him. If she is female, then... well... I'd still give her space, but I would be open in the future to a few dates to test the waters. If she's not attracted to men, well then it's no sweat off of my back. I'd be just as interested in working out his/her issues as a friend in that case.

1. I know at least two male persons who did at their time prefer an experienced woman to take their own virginity, given they had the choice. So I think it's a matter of preference, but you are definitely right that it has A LOT to do with how one copes with their own insecurities. The narrowminded surround themselves with people even more insecure, the wise try to learn from the more experienced to advance.
So, yeah.

2. With Sabine: Obviously, once we start handwaving negative aspects of her away, Nale is one of the first things that have to go!
In exchange, she can keep the negative levels on touch stuff. That is solvable with potions, even in canon!
Also, once I establish a relationship with her, I can exchange friendship rings with her. The one she gives to me will of course grant protection from negative energy!
Really, the most important stuff to change is getting rid of Nale and her desire for him, and her lust for murder and other similar atrocities. I think that should almost do the trick. :-)

Quebbster
2019-01-09, 04:42 AM
She could be a widow, or divorced. The daughter is old enough to support herself, so there's no need to keep the relationship going for the sake of the Children at least.

Chronos
2019-01-09, 10:22 AM
If we ignore the getting-chomped-by-a-zombie-dragon thing, and the dying-young-due-to-an-incurable-degenerative-disease thing, my first choice is definitely Sangwaan. She's smart, she speaks her mind (and everyone else's), and she's kind. And to everyone referring to Celia as the only pacifist in the strip, I'll point out that we never see Sangwaan fighting, either.

Next choice would be Lien.

I guess that I prefer Lawful Good partners. Celia, though, doesn't interest me much, mostly because she's so out of touch with the Material Plane. And Minrah and I wouldn't have very many interests in common. And of course Miko is right out.

KorvinStarmast
2019-01-09, 10:38 AM
it's not unreasonable to think that a high-status woman like her might have a husband who fills a similar role. Cut to a picture of Dolly Parton's husband ...
Really, the most important stuff to change is getting rid of Nale and her desire for him, and her lust for murder and other similar atrocities. I think that should almost do the trick. :-) Advice before starting a relationship: don't enter in to a marriage, or a relationship, with the goal of changing the one you are attracted to. Accept them as they are. (RL experience there ...)

She could be a widow Yep.
I guess that I prefer Lawful Good partners. Celia, though, doesn't interest me much, mostly because she's so out of touch with the Material Plane. Uh, she's very much in touch with Roy ...

Mightymosy
2019-01-09, 11:02 AM
@Korvin
The advice is one of the best relationship advices for a lot of people, in my experience predominantly women ("I know I can change him....")

Yet, we are specifically in a thread about fantasizing to go out with fictional characters, so....;-) ;-) ;-)

Malphegor
2019-01-09, 11:09 AM
Xykon. Mainly because I would want to watch bones move on their own merit. Very commendable, most bones require muscles, not magic, to move.

Also I know he's not into and does not have the parts for 'that' kind of stuff, so it'd be interesting to nerd out over his powers without any expectation of entering a physical, touch-attack based relationship. Speaking as someone in our world though, I'd like to bounce ideas off an actual lich on ideas for ensuring immortality.

plus he's a sorcerer, so there's fascinating insights we can get from someone who was born to magic rather than learnt their way into it.

KorvinStarmast
2019-01-09, 11:16 AM
Xykon. .. he's not into and does not have the parts for 'that' kind of stuff ... it'd be interesting to nerd out ... Invite Xykon out on a date for a cup of coffee. What could possibly go wrong? :smallbiggrin: (I think that's an SoD reference ...)

Celestia
2019-01-09, 12:13 PM
I really am not attracted to anyone in this comic. I guess if I had to choose, though, I'd go for Bandana. *shrug*

Mightymosy
2019-01-09, 12:26 PM
Xykon might have two words for your quest for immortality, malph:
"Zombie Malfegor"
Fights just as hard, lower cost. Problem solved :-D :-D

Potato_Priest
2019-01-09, 12:31 PM
Xykon might have two words for your quest for immortality, malph:
"Zombie Malfegor"
Fights just as hard, lower cost. Problem solved :-D :-D

Plus if you stay together it's no longer disgusting biophilia!

Goblin_Priest
2019-01-09, 01:42 PM
Plus if you stay together it's no longer disgusting biophilia!

This man has a point, you know.

Verappo
2019-01-09, 04:07 PM
I love that now we know Durkon has asked himself this thread's main question, canonically, and made a list.

DaOldeWolf
2019-01-09, 04:27 PM
Wow, we get some answers in fields that I never expected to be addressed. Durkon, at least has entertained the idea. It kinda makes me wonder what the rest of the order thinks about this hypothetical question. How would their lists be ordered?

Liquor Box
2019-01-09, 04:28 PM
I love that now we know Durkon has asked himself this thread's main question, canonically, and made a list.

It suggests the answer to the question "Which member of the Order would be most likely to participate on this forum if he or she were real and alive today?" might be Durkon.

Fyraltari
2019-01-09, 04:38 PM
Wow, we get some answers in fields that I never expected to be addressed. Durkon, at least has entertained the idea. It kinda makes me wonder what the rest of the order thinks about this hypothetical question. How would their lists be ordered?

I have a strongg suspicion Elan and Haley are top of each other's list (and Roy second, in both cases).

Caerulea
2019-01-09, 05:10 PM

Durkon
Haley
Vaarsuvius
Belkar

Elan
Roy
Durkon
Vaarsuvius
[Anyone else]
Belkar

Nobody (Still broken-hearted over Inkyrius
Anyone but Belkar
Belkar

Haley
Roy
Vaarsuvius
Belkar

Roy
Elan
Haley
Belkar
Vaarsuvius

Haley
Vaarsuvius
[rest are unordered]

Fyraltari
2019-01-09, 05:13 PM
Wow, those Belker and Balker fellows really aren't popular. I do wonder what happened to Belkar though, and why he isn't fourth on Durkon's list. Or why Durkon isn't on Elan's either.

Caerulea
2019-01-09, 05:16 PM
Wow, those Belker and Balker fellows really aren't popular. I do wonder what happened to Belkar though, and why he isn't fourth on Durkon's list. Or why Durkon isn't on Elan's either.
Oops. Fixed.

Liquor Box
2019-01-09, 05:46 PM
Durkon
Haley
Vaarsuvius
Belkar

Elan
Roy
Durkon
Vaarsuvius
[Anyone else]
Belkar

Nobody (Still broken-hearted over Inkyrius
Anyone but Belkar
Belkar

Haley
Roy
Vaarsuvius
Belkar

Roy
Elan
Haley
Belkar
Vaarsuvius

Haley
Vaarsuvius
[rest are unordered]

Why is Belkar's list not completed? I think Belkar would be the male member of the order most open to a same sex relationship - he had no problem kissing V despite not knowing V's sex, and also enjoyed imposing sexual banter on Roy (he even said that he was more comfortable with such banter than Roy becuase he was more secure in his masculinity).

Also on the subject of Belkar, I think he would be higher up on most other people's lists than you do. I'm guessing that you were surprised that Durkon had his as high as four, yet Durkon is the member of the order most diametrically opposed to Belkar in terms of alignment. Those closer to his alignment (everyone else) might have him higher still.

Mightymosy
2019-01-09, 05:46 PM
It is an interesting topic, to ask the question "Who of the same gender would you make out with?".
Like, for otherwise hetereosexual people, just as a thought experiment. If you never thought about it, it is fun thought game that brings you down weird paths.
It's surprising that Durkon has made such a list, though :-)
We had this as smalltalk topic, but with RW celebs.

Ruck
2019-01-09, 05:58 PM
Cut to a picture of Dolly Parton's husband ...

Holy crap, I had no idea she's been married for 52 years, to a husband who's completely invisible to the public eye.

Anyway, I still think the evidence is that Laurin is unmarried one way or the other, and to what I've said previously I'll add that running what is essentially a long-con criminal enterprise requires a lot of discretion, and the more people who are in on it, the less likely it is to remain secret. (Tarquin's series of wives is its own thing; he's never married to any of them long enough for that to be an issue-- probably not even long enough for one to stick with him through a change of flags-- and he's explicitly avoided having children since his first marriage.)

Seward
2019-01-09, 06:00 PM
Yeah, as this is a comic about a bunch of folks I have nothing in common with and are pretty murderous, on balance I'd say "nobody". The closest would be the priestess of the demigod of Heralds, just because she's cute and I'm into information theory so I would honestly be interested in her religion and her job, so we'd have something to talk about. Maybe the cute gnome priestess who makes really tasty holy wafers, because I'm also a foodie.

Casual make-out session if I wasn't married etc? Yeah, there's plenty of possibilities.

Mightymosy
2019-01-09, 06:03 PM
Yay, another point for winged women!
(She did have winged boots/sandals, didn't she?)

Fyraltari
2019-01-09, 06:07 PM
Wrong mythology. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1012.html)

Sardonic
2019-01-09, 06:16 PM
Ponchula, definitely. Obviously she's super evil, dating her would be incredibly dangerous, she's a negative energy spirit parading around in someone else's body as a horrible mockery of life, etc., etc. These are all given, so we're just gonna have to move past those. Here's what I do like, however:

I like that she expresses herself so openly and freely. She was the only vamp to actually celebrate winning, she had no problem telling Durkula what weird, evil thoughts were going through her head, and she'll happily invite others along to join her in doing fun things if she thinks it would make them more fun (poncho requirements for those fun things notwithstanding).
I like the casual energy she has, even when she's approaching monumental tasks. Her spirits were high the whole time she was working to force a vote that would end the world, and I have to say, I really appreciate that about her.
I like pale skin, dark hair, and striking eyes, and she's got all of those in spades.

Basically, she's like an evil, slightly more grounded, more physically attractive (to my tastes), vampire girl Elan, which is exactly my type.

As a slightly-less-silly response to this already-very-silly premise, probably Haley. I would be endlessly attracted to her commitment to uplifting the downtrodden -- I would swoon right away if on the first date she mentioned that time she spent a whole day freeing slaves or the time she was the leader of a resistance in an occupied city. That said, her habit (or neurosis) of being rather emotionally closed off would frustrate me to no end, and she seems to be among the less willing to crack silly jokes among the Order's ranks. If I was in the Azure City resistance, I would have probably harbored a crush that I would have been eager to talk about with friends, but that I wouldn't seriously want to be pursued for practical reasons. As a reader of this comic who gets a lot more insight to Haley's character, I'd be surprised if we went on more than a date or two before things fizzled.

Mightymosy
2019-01-09, 06:17 PM
Wrong mythology. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1012.html)
Whoopsies!

Why didn't he choose the valkyrie goddesses' herald, dang! :-)

roaming_cat
2019-01-10, 03:35 AM
Lien. Always liked her - honorable but quirky, different enough to be fascinating (rounded out nicely by the backstory comic) but still fun. Yes, she supposedly has a boyfriend, but he hasn't even been mentioned in three comics, much less showed up. Is anyone really going to miss him?

No, of course I won't get rid of the boyfriend of a paladin. I'll hire Sabine to do it.

Second choice would be Kazumi, but that is a real partnership she has with Daigo. She is awesome though.

So...let's go with Niu. Cute, smart, and a survivor. That's got to count for something in a world where 'adventurer' is a valid life choice.

Goblin_Priest
2019-01-10, 09:35 AM
TMitD. :smallamused:

Paschendale
2019-01-10, 02:04 PM
Probably Elan or Lien

WoLong
2019-01-10, 05:28 PM
I like people who are a bit more emotional/sensitive and none of the characters in the comic have even remotely attractive personalities to me.

AchtungNight
2019-01-10, 06:34 PM
Top Pick- Lien for sure. Likes the ocean, strong ethics, tough but fair, attractive physical and personality, carries a spear- all pluses in my book.

Would also date- Haley, V, a female Belkar (and not just to say I survived), or a female Roy. Female Durkon I'd consider too, but I fear I might not be up to their ethical standards. I'm Good, but nowhere near as much as their mother. I'm also not into bearded ladies. On side characters, I'd date Julia, Veldrina, Lirian, Sara Greenhilt, Sangwaan, Therkla, Serini, Jenny, and Kazumi (latter would have to break up with Daigo first, they're my favorite OotS couple).

My cat would also like to hook up with Mr. Scruffy for a buddy comedy murder spree. Belkar can guest star if he wants.

woweedd
2019-01-10, 09:19 PM
Top Pick- Lien for sure. Likes the ocean, strong ethics, tough but fair, attractive physical and personality, carries a spear- all pluses in my book.

Would also date- Haley, V, a female Belkar (and not just to say I survived), or a female Roy. Female Durkon I'd consider too, but I fear I might not be up to their ethical standards. I'm Good, but nowhere near as much as their mother. I'm also not into bearded ladies. On side characters, I'd date Julia, Veldrina, Lirian, Sara Greenhilt, Sangwaan, Therkla, Serini, Jenny, and Kazumi (latter would have to break up with Daigo first, they're my favorite OotS couple).

My cat would also like to hook up with Mr. Scruffy for a buddy comedy murder spree. Belkar can guest star if he wants.
Mr. Scruffy and The Genocide Of The Small Rodent Population.

Caerulea
2019-01-10, 09:30 PM
Mr. Scruffy and The Genocide Of The Small Rodent Population.
Maybe he can teach my cat to kill some of his prey, rather than chasing it around the house for 30 minutes.

Chronos
2019-01-11, 09:27 AM
Aside: AchtungNight, have you read Good Deeds Gone Unpunished? Because one of the stories in is, indeed, a Mr. Scruffy buddy comedy crime spree, with a cameo from Belkar.

Grey_Wolf_c
2019-01-11, 09:32 AM
Maybe he can teach my cat to kill some of his prey, rather than chasing it around the house for 30 minutes.

You're one of those that reads that last page of a mystery novel before the rest of the novel, aren't you? Let your cat have his fun. And some exercise.
Grey Wolf

Goblin_Priest
2019-01-11, 11:01 AM
You're one of those that reads that last page of a mystery novel before the rest of the novel, aren't you? Let your cat have his fun. And some exercise.
Grey Wolf

The only way to read such a novel! After all, who can suffer all those pages of not knowing!? besides, one cannot truly appreciate foreshadowing without knowing what's coming. ;)

Caerulea
2019-01-11, 04:58 PM
Grey Wolf
Mostly because other members of the household will try to save the mouse by running noisily across the room to the cat. I will admit that the sight of a cat jumping headfirst into a wall never becomes boring.

AchtungNight
2019-01-11, 07:38 PM
The only way to read such a novel! After all, who can suffer all those pages of not knowing!? besides, one cannot truly appreciate foreshadowing without knowing what's coming. ;)

Usually it’s either the butler or the least likely suspect who did it.

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-11, 09:31 PM
Mostly because other members of the household will try to save the mouse by running noisily across the room to the cat. I will admit that the sight of a cat jumping headfirst into a wall never becomes boring.
A straw from which Hanna-Barbera has spun much gold.

Caerulea
2019-01-11, 09:33 PM
A straw from which Hanna-Barbera has spun much gold.
Enlighten me, for I have absolutely no idea what is being referred to.
Edit:
Based on a cursory google search, it appears to refer to a cartoon called Tom and Jerry. Is that right?

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-11, 09:42 PM
Based on a cursory google search, it appears to refer to a cartoon called Tom and Jerry. Is that right?
It is. Also, I feel old and sad.

Jack Frost
2019-01-12, 12:47 AM
Thor!

That is, taking the "very very buddy-wise". In a strictly heterosexual buddies kind of way, not that there's anything wrong with the alternative.

tahu88810
2019-01-12, 07:17 AM
Did the curious-evil aligned vampire ever get a name? Her.

I'd also totally just grab some drinks with our man Thor, too.

Fyraltari
2019-01-12, 02:11 PM
It is. Also, I feel old and sad.

Don't. I'm twenty-two and everyone I know knows Tom&Jerry.

Ruck
2019-01-12, 06:55 PM
I always thought Jerry was a real jerk.

understatement
2019-01-12, 07:46 PM
I always thought Jerry was a real jerk.

Were we supposed to root for the mouse? The show gave me a really weird vibe from that.

Edit: as in Jerry was a grade-A ass

Ruck
2019-01-12, 07:47 PM
Were we supposed to root for the mouse? The show gave me a really weird vibe from that.

Edit: as in Jerry was a grade-A ass

Yeah, I mean, that's why I never liked it. I got the feeling we were supposed to, but Jerry always went out of his way to torture Tom and to bait him into doing things that would get that dog to kick his ass. I much preferred, say, the Road Runner cartoons, where Wile E. Coyote's constant failures were entirely his own doing.

Son of A Lich!
2019-01-12, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I mean, that's why I never liked it. I got the feeling we were supposed to, but Jerry always went out of his way to torture Tom and to bait him into doing things that would get that dog to kick his ass. I much preferred, say, the Road Runner cartoons, where Wile E. Coyote's constant failures were entirely his own doing.

His own doing?

Now, I agree that Willie Coyote was a bit of a dunce for a super genius, but how on Earth was he supposed to know that "Earthquake Pills" didn't work on Road Runners specifically? I think Acme is more of his tormentor then his own hamartia. That gag was used a far too many times to conclude that he was his own downfall.

Kish
2019-01-12, 08:01 PM
He kept ordering from Acme, instead of throwing out their catalog and suing them for every penny they were worth, didn't he?

Ruck
2019-01-12, 08:02 PM
His own doing?

Now, I agree that Willie Coyote was a bit of a dunce for a super genius, but how on Earth was he supposed to know that "Earthquake Pills" didn't work on Road Runners specifically? I think Acme is more of his tormentor then his own hamartia. That gag was used a far too many times to conclude that he was his own downfall.

He kept ordering from Acme, instead of throwing out their catalog and suing them for every penny they were worth, didn't he?

And also, you know, not just giving up on catching the Road Runner. (You'd think after the devices he kept buying would literally defy physics in order to provide him the worst possible result, he'd have learned his lesson.)

Son of A Lich!
2019-01-12, 08:11 PM

I clarified that he was a dunce for a super genius.

Acme seemed to have a monopoly on the market in the Looney Tunes universe. He may have had no where else to turn to.

It's also a bit unreasonable to assume that he had enough money to sue a corporations he spent most of his own money on. Whatever lawyers he could afford, they had his money plus their own. It's a weak argument, but I don't know of the civil court system of the Looney-verse.

And also, you know, not just giving up on catching the Road Runner. (You'd think after the devices he kept buying would literally defy physics in order to provide him the worst possible result, he'd have learned his lesson.)

Hey, Willie wasn't exactly bereft with options here. Aside from the road runner, he had literally nothing to eat around him.

I'm not exactly fans of Coyotes in any sense of the word, but he was doing what he could to get what he needed with what he had.

Caerulea
2019-01-12, 08:31 PM
Don't. I'm twenty-two and everyone I know knows Tom&Jerry.
I guess I am just super young.

It's also a bit unreasonable to assume that he had enough money to sue a corporations he spent most of his own money on. Whatever lawyers he could afford, they had his money plus their own. It's a weak argument, but I don't know of the civil court system of the Looney-verse.
It looks something like this:
https://www.cartoonbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/looneytrial.jpg
Whoever is more effective at making fun of their opponent wins.

Mightymosy
2019-01-13, 04:11 AM
The court was also probably "ACME-Court", wasn't it?

@Tom&Jerry: I liked them as a kid, they were funny. But you had to NOT take them serious.
That being said, I feel it kinda went back and forth for whom you were supposed to root (again, better not take it serious!). Often times Tom started something by wanting to eat Jerry, but also often Jerry was a jerk just because. And sometimes they were genuinely friendly towards each other. Really, best not to take it seriously and just laugh about the rdidiculous stuff.

Lacuna Caster
2019-01-14, 06:09 PM
Where does this idea come from? No great intellect is required to deliver a long philosophical disquisition on D&D alignment, or to pass law school exams, or to do any of the other things Celia is actually depicted as doing.
Lawyering is not the most intellectually demanding occupation out there (http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/occupations.aspx), but it's close.

I'd have a million different questions for Miko, but depending on the version I'm dealing with the 'date' might have to conducted from outside the reinforced glass wall of a padded cell. Celia is too good for me. Ponchula is probably a little too nasty. Can I go with the S-Men version of Jean Grey? ...that counts, right?

Mightymosy
2019-01-15, 11:42 AM
@Lacuna:
1. Look, if YOU don't pick Miko, I will be very disappointed and nulllify your vote, ok? ;-)
Look at me: I picked Sabine and stand by it. It's a fantasy webcomic, it's petty escapism, it's ok to have waifus :-* :-*
Just loosen up and let free your desires!

Nice chart you have there!
Now, based on that data, may I feel entitled to disregard any argument from people who sit lower on the chart than I do? Just asking. You know. Hypothetically ;-)

Potatopeelerkin
2019-01-15, 01:10 PM
Lien sounds good on paper, but I'd probably feel she was out of my league and end up trying too hard to impress her. And doing that only makes you anxious and miserable, even if they do love you back. Celia and Haley aren't my type. I'd love to have Oona as a friend, but I don't think we're compatible.

Vaarsuvius (post-BRiTF-character-development) is a possibility. V is intelligent (if a bit arrogant about that fact), seems to be becoming more responsible, and is private with their personal business, which I like. But there's a big downside. We're both arrogant, bullheaded a**holes when we believe we're right, which sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I think my #1 pick would be Bandana. She seems smart and practical, and has got a good sense of both adventure and responsibility. She's tough, and a leader. And she's sensible, forthright and pragmatic with emotional issues, too (at least so far as we've seen). Lots of pluses to our new Mechane captain. Plus, she swings the right way, which, y'know, makes it possible.

Liquor Box
2019-01-15, 04:01 PM
Lawyering is not the most intellectually demanding occupation out there (http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/occupations.aspx), but it's close.

I'd have a million different questions for Miko, but depending on the version I'm dealing with the 'date' might have to conducted from outside the reinforced glass wall of a padded cell. Celia is too good for me. Ponchula is probably a little too nasty. Can I go with the S-Men version of Jean Grey? ...that counts, right?

But the lower end of the range for lawyers is still about 100 IQ, about average intelligence - which suggests that it is possible to become and practice as a lawyer if you are only average intelligence. Of course it requires a lot of intelligence to be a good lawyer, but you can get away with helping people buy and sell their family home with a lot less.

KorvinStarmast
2019-01-15, 04:21 PM
But the lower end of the range for lawyers is still about 100 IQ, about average intelligence - which suggests that it is possible to become and practice as a lawyer if you are only average intelligence. Of course it requires a lot of intelligence to be a good lawyer, but you can get away with helping people buy and sell their family home with a lot less. I know two lawyers who do not make a very good living. Both did well in law school (which is a heck of a screening process) but there is still the issue of putting it to work as a job, as a career, and as a profession. A whole bunch of people (lawyers) left our county when Proposition 12 was passed in Texas 15 years ago. (The cynic in me thought "the least viable ambulance chasers are gone" but it was likely a lot more complicated than that. I did get an anecdotal bit of evidence from the wife of one who moved a year later, who worked in our office, that Prop 12 (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fifteen-years-on-proposition-12-continues-to-expand-health-care-options-across-texas-300712512.html) was a contributor to his practice getting a financial hurt ... )

RatElemental
2019-01-15, 05:53 PM
Just stumbled on some more evidence (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0419.html) that Miko is supposed to be attractive, I'm pretty sure that was a topic that came up in this thread at some point.

Mightymosy
2019-01-15, 06:42 PM
Just stumbled on some more evidence (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0419.html) that Miko is supposed to be attractive, I'm pretty sure that was a topic that came up in this thread at some point.

That was a good strip, also. Good lines by Belkar, for example. I love when characters go verbally on each other :-) :-)

Liquor Box
2019-01-15, 09:38 PM

Yeah, i categorised the characters by attractiveness on page 3. I already had Miko in the attractive group (because Roy said she was hot), but Ill refer to this strip as well.

The_Weirdo
2019-01-15, 11:14 PM
Haley is Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Good, a revolutionary at heart, bi-curious and can likely scrounge up some Polymorph items. Celia would be my first choice if she weren't Lawful; we'd not work out. And then there's Sabine, who would very likely be quite interesting if she weren't Evil or, even more incompatible, possibly Lawful. And then there's Veldrina, who is adorably cute and an elf. The problem is I'd need to spend a long while protecting her from danger her curiosity puts her in. And Ponchula is crazy sexy, but also crazy.

RatElemental
2019-01-16, 12:00 AM
Haley is Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Good, a revolutionary at heart, bi-curious and can likely scrounge up some Polymorph items. Celia would be my first choice if she weren't Lawful; we'd not work out. And then there's Sabine, who would very likely be quite interesting if she weren't Evil or, even more incompatible, possibly Lawful. And then there's Veldrina, who is adorably cute and an elf. The problem is I'd need to spend a long while protecting her from danger her curiosity puts her in.

Huh. First Lacuna says he wouldn't pick Miko and then the_weirdo didn't even mention Hilgya? What is the world coming to? :smalltongue:

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-16, 12:04 AM
Huh. First Lacuna says he wouldn't pick Miko and then the_weirdo didn't even mention Hilgya? What is the world coming to? :smalltongue:
As it turns out, liking, agreeing with, defending the viewpoint of, or sympathizing with a character doesn't necessarily mean wanting to **** them.

I know. I'm shocked too.

The_Weirdo
2019-01-16, 12:23 AM
As it turns out, liking, agreeing with, defending the viewpoint of, or sympathizing with a character doesn't necessarily mean wanting to **** them.

I know. I'm shocked too.

Thank you, Zim, for saving me the time of saying just about those exact words.

RatElemental
2019-01-16, 02:28 AM
Gods forbid I make a joke now and then..

Mightymosy
2019-01-16, 05:38 AM

I know. I'm shocked too.

Come again?
:-D

skaddix
2019-01-16, 06:31 AM
Cannot believe Roy started out as unattractive. Roy doesn't have dump stats. He is probably at worst 2nd or 3rd in every stat for the Order. Honestly, in terms of story I be surprised if the man had a single stat below 14. Besides Celia is a Sylph and she is the one who came on to Roy first.

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-16, 07:44 AM
Come again?
:-D
Buy me dinner first.

Lacuna Caster
2019-01-16, 10:06 AM
@Lacuna:
1. Look, if YOU don't pick Miko, I will be very disappointed and nulllify your vote, ok? ;-)
Look at me: I picked Sabine and stand by it. It's a fantasy webcomic, it's petty escapism, it's ok to have waifus :-* :-*
Just loosen up and let free your desires!

Oh, don't get me wrong- I could get aboard with the school-of-hard-knocks defrosting tsundere hinted at in her early appearances, but the delusional raging psychotic subjected to varying degrees of background/personality retcons? I have no idea what I'm dealing with there. Interesting to put under a microscope, but strictly labelled 'do not touch'.

genderlich
2019-01-16, 10:14 AM
I'm lesbian so I think Haley and Bandana are my only options. Which is fine by me, they're both awesome :biggrin: chaotic adventurer ladies, yes please.

Dr.Zero
2019-01-16, 10:54 AM
I tried to think about it and I found myself feeling like Roy when he had to choose for the night shift, when they had to sleep in the dungeon.

"Haley -> "Bwhaha! Mine all mine!" as soon as she sees some money. Pass!"
"Sabine -> maybe she will try to sacrifice me in some bloody sexual rite. While the sexual part in intriguing, I'd prefer to avoid the bloody part. Pass."

And so on.

Anyway, my choices:

Friendly encounter: Roy, probably. As the only sane man in the party, he is surely the one I'd prefer to share a conversation before a drink.

Date/brief relation: as long as I can put in a safe place my possessions or I can search her beforehand for sacrificial daggers, one between Haley or Sabine. They can be funny, they are clearly portrayed at least as pretty (in the case of Sabine, she can even adjust herself, if needed!), they look smart and street-wise enough. Smart and funny conversation + hot (smoking or otherwise)? Sold!

Freyia was even between my possible choices. I mean, she is a literal goddess! She must have some crazily high stats.
And the bluebirds and flowers are cute.
But I'd feel intimidated, I suppose. Performance anxiety and all. So I pass.
Moreover the whole fertility stuff... becoming dad after a single date and then abandoning her? Durkon taught us these things don't end well.
And if I wanted to support her and the child? Who knows how much money I'd pay for demi-god child support!

Emanick
2019-01-16, 12:55 PM
Cannot believe Roy started out as unattractive. Roy doesn't have dump stats. He is probably at worst 2nd or 3rd in every stat for the Order. Honestly, in terms of story I be surprised if the man had a single stat below 14. Besides Celia is a Sylph and she is the one who came on to Roy first.

To be fair, he may have a pretty average Dexterity. He's never been portrayed as clumsy, but he's also never displayed any particular agility - how could he, in that armor?

Seward
2019-01-16, 02:40 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong- I could get aboard with the school-of-hard-knocks defrosting tsundere hinted at in her early appearances, but the delusional raging psychotic subjected to varying degrees of background/personality retcons? I have no idea what I'm dealing with there. Interesting to put under a microscope, but strictly labelled 'do not touch'.

Especially given Roy's entirely realistic take on dating her. "Honey we're out of milk. Clearly that means the gods want me to kill you. Slash Slash Slash!"

Chronos
2019-01-16, 02:47 PM
Since I mentioned Lien as someone I'm attracted to, to be fair, I should admit that she probably wouldn't be attracted to me. She's said that her type is physically strong commoners. Well, I am a commoner, though that's not all that big of a recommendation, but I'm not very physically strong.

But Sangwaan is still my first choice, and since she's never said anything about who she's attracted to or what her type is, I'm still free to assume that I'm her type.

The_Weirdo
2019-01-16, 03:40 PM
Disclaimer: as a general rule, people like us, being fairly average geeks, will usually have no chance with the object of our affections among comic characters, on account of the fact that they are all insanely attractive and powerful (especially with regards to casters, people that can obtain magic items or people with supernatural abilities) when compared to the average. I know I have no chance with Haley, Sabine, Celia, Veldrina or even Ponchula unless I roll the proverbial 20. Ergo, every post here must work under the assumption that we somehow already wooed them, usually by critting the Charisma check.

Lacuna Caster
2019-01-16, 05:01 PM
Especially given Roy's entirely realistic take on dating her. "Honey we're out of milk. Clearly that means the gods want me to kill you. Slash Slash Slash!"
Given this is (A) a one-dimensional cartoon flanderisation of Miko's original personality and (B) difficult to contradict within the established text, I should be clear this does not raise my opinion of either Roy or the text.

Emmit Svenson
2019-01-17, 02:11 AM
Roy's Mom.

(I could have said Sara Greenhilt, but "Roy's Mom" sounds 300% funnier.)

Canonically hot, good-hearted enough to make it into Heaven, and definitely down for some action. Also, seems wise, and is quite experienced. And funny.

Ruck
2019-01-17, 09:35 AM
Roy's Mom.

(I could have said Sara Greenhilt, but "Roy's Mom" sounds 300% funnier.)

I briefly got this confused with the Titus Androncius mention in 1151 and really wanted to make a "Villain, I have done thy mother" joke.

TheTinyMan
2019-01-17, 05:54 PM
Presuming that this paladin's own deity isn't considered an OOTS character...

...I'd definitely start with Lien. I'm glad to see that she's a popular choice, she should be! She's level-headed, has the coolest bonded mount ever, and she's the proper kind of paladin - kind and easygoing, making the world a better place how she can but quick to step up when need be. Plus, there are unlikely to be alignment conflicts! Also, I have it on good authority that she likes large, strong men, and I am that.

Very much on par with Lien - actually maybe a little above her depending on the day - is Celia. Lawful Good, a reasonable attitude toward killing things, intelligent, sweet and funny. Civilized, collected, and lovely. How can anyone top that?

My next choice, uh, because I make bad decisions, would probably be Miko. That passion! That energy! That dedication to Right and Good! That...uh...judgment and bias. :smalleek: I happen to be good at defusing people, *and* good at helping people make moral evaluations...so maybe I could help? But maybe I should listen to the voice in the back of my head that says "don't date a project!" ... I never listen to that voice.

Speaking of projects! Tsukiko! The poor thing's heart is in the right place - she just wants to love and be loved! She just needs, uh, guidance, as to where to direct that. She's supportive and affectionate, and has a great sense of style, and heterochromia!

Man, I need more paladin. Let's talk about O-Chul. Now there's someone with a sense of duty, someone who's calm and collected, wise and humble, dedicated and noble. I could definitely get behind - or, you know, in front, whichever - O-Chul.

Also, Hinjo, for very similar reasons, although he seems to be a little more aggressively sarcastic at times than I tend to prefer.

I'm kind of shocked that Luna hasn't posted in here yet! :o

tyckspoon
2019-01-17, 06:58 PM
Speaking of projects! Tsukiko! The poor thing's heart is in the right place - she just wants to love and be loved! She just needs, uh, guidance, as to where to direct that. She's supportive and affectionate, and has a great sense of style, and heterochromia!

You may be insufficiently dead for her tastes. That seems like the kind of thing divorce proceedings like to call "irreconcilable differences."

Fyraltari
2019-01-17, 07:00 PM
You may be insufficiently dead for her tastes. That seems like the kind of thing divorce proceedings like to call "irreconcilable differences."

Nah, Tsukiko could fix that with two spells.

The Extinguisher
2019-01-17, 07:49 PM
Disclaimer: as a general rule, people like us, being fairly average geeks, will usually have no chance with the object of our affections among comic characters, on account of the fact that they are all insanely attractive and powerful (especially with regards to casters, people that can obtain magic items or people with supernatural abilities) when compared to the average. I know I have no chance with Haley, Sabine, Celia, Veldrina or even Ponchula unless I roll the proverbial 20. Ergo, every post here must work under the assumption that we somehow already wooed them, usually by critting the Charisma check.

Speak for yourself I'm hot as heck and date even hotter ladies :smalltongue:

Im pretty surprised Lien is so popular though. I wouldn't normally go for the paladin type, but even then I dont see it

The_Weirdo
2019-01-17, 07:50 PM

Im pretty surprised Lien is so popular though. I wouldn't normally go for the paladin type, but even then I dont see it

I did say: "as a general rule". :smalltongue:

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-17, 09:05 PM
Rub it in, why dontcha :smallannoyed:

She's keen, witty, resourceful, cool under pressure, supportive, a seafarer, and a working class hero (something to be). What's not to love?

The_Weirdo
2019-01-17, 09:13 PM
She's keen, witty, resourceful, cool under pressure, supportive, a seafarer, and a working class hero (something to be). What's not to love?

In my case, her alignment. She's awesome, but we're very incompatible due to her being Lawful.

hroþila
2019-01-17, 09:15 PM
Nah, Tsukiko could fix that with two spells.
Everybody wins.

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-17, 09:19 PM
In my case, her alignment. She's awesome, but we're very incompatible due to her being Lawful.
Fair enough, but she doesn't seem particularly Lawful, for a Paladin.

The_Weirdo
2019-01-17, 09:23 PM
Fair enough, but she doesn't seem particularly Lawful, for a Paladin.

True, but still. I'd likely prefer Celia to her - though this has nothing to do with personality and everything to do with a liking for non-humans, especially winged. It feels like crossing a threshold to me.

Also, Air seems like a wonderful place to live.

Verappo
2019-01-18, 04:54 AM
True, but still. I'd likely prefer Celia to her - though this has nothing to do with personality and everything to do with a liking for non-humans, especially winged. It feels like crossing a threshold to me.

As a fellow winged outsider enthusiast I was trying to look for a male equivalent. while I was not yet successful on the "wings" front, I came across the mensch that is Randy the devil from #385. Reliable, helpful, four-eyed. Perfect.

TheTinyMan
2019-01-18, 09:49 AM
Everybody wins.

Y...yep. :smalleek: Everybody! B...but she just needs some guidance to direct that sense of "love" more, uh, appropriately! :smalleek:

Lacuna Caster
2019-01-18, 01:51 PM
Okay. What would you cite as outstanding instances of heroism on Lien's part?

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-18, 01:52 PM
Okay. What would you cite as outstanding instances of heroism on Lien's part?
Don't take it so seriously. As the parenthetical should make clear, I was primarily going for a reference :smallsigh:

The_Weirdo
2019-01-18, 02:07 PM
Don't take it so seriously. As the parenthetical should make clear, I was primarily going for a reference :smallsigh:

Don't get surprised that you're misunderstood. You're clever. They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool.

Lacuna Caster
2019-01-18, 02:09 PM
I'm afraid the reference is opaque to me?

The_Weirdo
2019-01-18, 02:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMewtlmkV6c

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-18, 02:11 PM
Such is the obscurantist power of Yoko's hatedom. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_Class_Hero)

Lacuna Caster
2019-01-18, 02:25 PM
Such is the obscurantist power of Yoko's hatedom. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_Class_Hero)
Ah. I think I speak this language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMrAMAm6RxE

Ruck
2019-01-18, 04:41 PM

Hey, I got it.

(Also, "Pier Pressure"* is a pretty outstanding example of Lien's heroism IMO.)

(* - not the Arrested Development episode.)

Fyraltari
2019-01-18, 05:52 PM
Also our introduction (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0473.html) to Lien (as in the first memorable thing she did).

Might as I well add her to my list while I'm here. The bue hair isa bit off-putting but nothing I can' get used to.

understatement
2019-01-18, 10:18 PM
Discounting myself, just a quick inaccurate tally:

Sabine: 6
Celia: 8 + 1
(darkgloom: 1)
Bandana: 5
Veldrina: 8
Haley: 9
Elan: 5
Tsukiko: 4
Sangwaan: 4
Lien: 10
Ponchula: 4
Vaarsuvius: 2
Inkyrius: 3
Miko: 4
Hilgya: 1
Julio: 1
Felix: 1
Andi: 2
Redcloak: 1
HP of Sif: 1
nameless dwarf w/ Exarch: 1
MiTD: 2
Durkon: 1
Amun-Zora: 1
Jenny: 2
Roy: 4
Tarquin: 1
Thor: 2
Loki: 1
Therkla: 3
Thog: 1
Grubwiggler: 1
Hel: 1
Kazumi: 3
Laurin: 1
Minrah: 1
Xykon: 1
Niu: 1
Belkar: 1
Julia: 1
Lirian: 1
Sara: 2
Serini: 1
O-chul: 1
Hinjo: 1
Randy: 1

The words "varied," "unusual," and "wait what" should sum up some of them.

Good to see Lien on top (no pun intended)

Edit: [I may have miscounted, as I was going through the posts pretty quickly -- I only count the ones that definitively answered the thread's question. Those that were like "I would date [x, but we're not [y]" were not included.]

Emanick
2019-01-18, 10:51 PM
I'm surprised to see that Julio only got 1 vote! I know the votes are skewed a bit towards female characters, but still, Elan managed to get 5 votes. Who would have guessed that Julio and Tarquin would be tied?

Mightymosy
2019-01-20, 04:26 AM
I would do Julio if the gender belt was involved. 7 imagine him to be something like the dark haired girl in one of the Pirates lf the Carribean movies (was that Penelope Cruz?)

Does that count?

The_Weirdo
2019-01-20, 10:13 AM
I would do Julio if the gender belt was involved. 7 imagine him to be something like the dark haired girl in one of the Pirates lf the Carribean movies (was that Penelope Cruz?)

Does that count?

We can work with Isabella from Dragon Age 2...

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-20, 10:18 AM
(Also, "Pier Pressure"* is a pretty outstanding example of Lien's heroism IMO.)
I know for a fact I've read Good Deeds Gone Unpunished, but for the life of me I can barely remember what's in it :smalleek:

RatElemental
2019-01-20, 04:09 PM

Does that count?

If a gender swap belt's involved, I'd be the one wearing it.

That said, Julio might be someone interesting, though I doubt it'd last beyond the first date and maybe the night before he'd be gone.

Ruck
2019-01-20, 04:14 PM
I know for a fact I've read Good Deeds Gone Unpunished, but for the life of me I can barely remember what's in it :smalleek:

She rescues all those kids from the sea-cave witch or whatever it is (It's been a few months since I've read it and I'm also not up to date on my terminology for various D&D elements).

Paschendale
2019-01-28, 02:56 AM
I'm surprised to see that Julio only got 1 vote! I know the votes are skewed a bit towards female characters, but still, Elan managed to get 5 votes. Who would have guessed that Julio and Tarquin would be tied?

In a more diverse crowd, I bet Elan would be much closer to the top.

The_Weirdo
2019-01-28, 11:59 AM

Elan is very nice and all, but that might be seriously hampered by the fact that not all women would like to need to take care of their partners as if they were children. Let's be honest, Haley has to do that quite a bit, no?

CriticalFailure
2019-01-28, 12:03 PM
Elan is very nice and all, but that might be seriously hampered by the fact that not all women would like to need to take care of their partners as if they were children. Let's be honest, Haley has to do that quite a bit, no?

That’s probably the case. While Elan/Haley is probably one of the least obnoxious examples of the manchild/mommy-gf trope to be made and makes sense in terms of the characters and the party dynamics and stuff, I would guess that most people don’t find the care taking dynamic particularly romantic.

zimmerwald1915
2019-01-28, 01:00 PM
If sitcoms have taught me anything, it is that all women in relationships with men, regardless of their respective circumstances, are expected to take care of them as if they were children. It's pervasive enough to make one swear off relationships altogether.

The_Weirdo
2019-01-28, 01:01 PM
If sitcoms have taught me anything, it is that all women in relationships with men, regardless of their respective circumstances, are expected to take care of them as if they were children.

If JRPGs have taught me anything, it is that overthrowing Lawful Evil regimes can be done by a ragtag bunch of misfits waltzing into their capital and swording and sorcerying the leader of said regime enough. :smallbiggrin:

woweedd
2019-01-28, 01:56 PM
If JRPGs have taught me anything, it is that overthrowing Lawful Evil regimes can be done by a ragtag bunch of misfits waltzing into their capital and swording and sorcerying the leader of said regime enough. :smallbiggrin:
To be fair, sometimes the Evil Emperor's CE weirdly-sexual henchmen betrays 80% of the way through the game, usually after he summons and/or is devoured by an ancient evil dragon.

luagha
2019-01-28, 02:14 PM
1. I know at least two male persons who did at their time prefer an experienced woman to take their own virginity, given they had the choice. So I think it's a matter of preference, but you are definitely right that it has A LOT to do with how one copes with their own insecurities. The narrowminded surround themselves with people even more insecure, the wise try to learn from the more experienced to advance.
So, yeah.

The orcs of Orc Island (my personal choice) agree! Better to have been around the block a few times.

Paschendale
2019-01-28, 08:09 PM
That’s probably the case. While Elan/Haley is probably one of the least obnoxious examples of the manchild/mommy-gf trope to be made and makes sense in terms of the characters and the party dynamics and stuff, I would guess that most people don’t find the care taking dynamic particularly romantic.

Elan's helplessness is played up for jokes, but in more serious scenes, he's a perfectly competent adult. Furthermore, the vast majority of his intellectual shortcomings stem from him not being particularly suited to the life of an adventurer. He's naive and trusting, and inherently seeks to cooperate with people around him. His difficulties arise when he has to go up against enemies. In a more stable environment, like being a court performer or a member of Julio's crew, he'd face far fewer of the specific type of challenges that he handles poorly. Haley, meanwhile, excels at the adventurer lifestyle.

Potato_Priest
2019-01-29, 12:06 AM

You're probably right, since a lot of people seem to be going for comic relief like Ponchula, as well as options on the more zany and chaotic end of the spectrum (apart from the strangely popular Lien).

Kish
2019-01-29, 12:09 AM
You're probably right, since a lot of people seem to be going for comic relief like Ponchula, as well as options on the more zany and chaotic end of the spectrum (apart from the strangely popular Lien).
So, are you calling Celia comic relief, or zany and chaotic?

Potato_Priest
2019-01-30, 09:06 PM
So, are you calling Celia comic relief, or zany and chaotic?

No, I suppose she's a second exception.

Tvtyrant
2019-01-30, 11:16 PM
As an Expert with at most four levels I am pretty sure the answer is "none of the major or recurring characters." The Gnome that made Belkar's Circle of Protection from Evil device would be at my upper level, more likely a cobbler or something.

RatElemental
2019-01-31, 06:48 AM
As an Expert with at most four levels I am pretty sure the answer is "none of the major or recurring characters." The Gnome that made Belkar's Circle of Protection from Evil device would be at my upper level, more likely a cobbler or something.

Can't believe I forgot about her. She seemed really sweet, and I'm a sucker for a girl with brains.

The Patterner
2019-01-31, 07:07 AM
I think that both Haley and Celia are fun and charming in their own ways, but I do think both of them would get on my nerves in the long run.

In my head I see Therkla looking kind of like Gamorra (Elan found her attractive unless I misremeber), So, only going by apperance Therkla.

But if are talking more longterm relationship. Lien, she is cool, funny, smart and I like women who are fearless :smallbiggrin:

ShikomeKidoMi
2019-02-02, 10:45 PM
If I could get turned into some kind of sentient undead (and I mean a true transformation like Xykon, not a replacement like Durkula), then Tsukiko. Sadly, being alive, that relationship would not work.

Barring that... Hm... Maybe Oona the Bugbear monster-tamer. Who doesn't want to go flying on a Yrthak?

So if you're counting votes:
Final vote is Oona the monster-tamer, because I am regretfully not undead yet.

CJG
2019-02-03, 07:00 AM
Honestly, Roy’s mum. She’s the only one with her head screwed on right!

pwning doodes
2019-02-05, 10:09 PM
For me it's between Haley and Hinjo so far.

Haley is confident, intelligent, and flirty. I think we would make a good pair. She does seem to be on the daredevil, free-spirited side side of things, while I'm more of a Lawful type. Maybe we'd be good for each other, though. I bet she'd be really good in bed...

Hinjo is also a pretty confident character. He's honest about his strengths and weaknesses, and tells things like they are. He has good strong Paladin values. Plus he's not too bad to look at, either.

Aveline
2019-02-05, 11:00 PM
How could I have forgotten about Hinjo? Thank you so much for reminding me. Hinjo is great. I would totally date him.

Incidentally, Haley was my only other "definitely would date". I wonder what it is that they have in common? I would say, game theory and striving. ...Yeah, that's accurate to my "type".