PDA

View Full Version : Rouge arcane trickster?

Dwmathena
2019-01-05, 10:34 PM
Magical ambush I keep hearing about. I don't see the spell anywhere is it a feat. Is this located in the 5E book. What are the top 3 spells for arcane trickster.Starting game at level 5 I'm new here.
Cantrip
1 Mage hand,
2 Booming blade
3 Message
Level 1 wiz spells enchantment and illusion
1 Charm person,
2 find Familiar = ritual
3 Hideous laughter,
I considered the Disguise self. But I already start out with a disguise kit. So is Disguise self spell redundant. I chose the forgery route.

JNAProductions
2019-01-05, 10:36 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/sonic/images/d/d1/Mario-and-Sonic-at-the-Rio-2016-Olympic-GamesCTRP_BGX_charS06_1_R_ad.png

Find Familiar is a FANTASTIC spell, but note that Arcane Tricksters do not naturally get Ritual Casting.

JumboWheat01
2019-01-05, 10:42 PM
Magical Ambush is a feature of being an Arcane Trickster.

Starting at 9th level, if you are hidden from a creature when you cast a spell on it, the creature has disadvantage on any saving throw it makes against the spell this turn.

The advantage of Disguise Self over a Disguise Kit is its speed. You can pop around the corner, cast Disguise Self, and move about your business. Plus you can use it to alter your physical looks, even if they don't hold up to physical examination. So you can appear shorter or taller or fatter and so on.

Also, remember, as an Arcane Trickster (and an Eldritch Knight,) you have to use a Component Pouch, you're not skilled with Arcane Foci. Same difference, really, but that's how it is.

Dwmathena
2019-01-05, 10:46 PM
Thank you for the quick answers I needed to help. I went with forgery so I could try to forge scrolls and get items like ring of Evasion. What other items does a rouge need that I could try to use a scroll forge to obtain.

JumboWheat01
2019-01-05, 10:55 PM
In 5e you don't technically NEED any magic items. The game is designed without them in mind, though naturally they're still a thing.

Erys
2019-01-05, 10:57 PM
Thank you for the quick answers I needed to help. I went with forgery so I could try to forge scrolls and get items like ring of Evasion. What other items does a road mean that I could try to use a scroll forge to obtain.

(I am assuming you don't mean forging Spell Scrolls).

Not a lot of people forging documents to get other people to hand over their magical loot. I would never expect such a thing to work, and I feel no competent DM would ever allow it without some terrible and severe consequences to the character later when the fraud is discovered.