PDA

View Full Version : Shots at Awesome-ness

knownaspirate
2007-09-23, 06:12 PM
Hey everyone! I have a question/favor to ask of anyone who's willing to help.
I was more or less 'volenteered' to DM a power game session(s) and while I have a totally sweet idea, I'm having a little trouble coming up with monsters that will challage 20th charcters, when especially one of them has the strength to rival a gold dragon (unless he changes it again :S)
I hope someone understands what I'm asking. I haven't resulted to google yet :) I do have access to most of the books, and I should mention, any helpful tips would be welcomed. I'm not exactly a rule nazi... I should actually read them :)
Please and thanks!

-Pirate

Icewalker
2007-09-23, 06:21 PM
So you are trying to DM a group of crazy powerful people and trying to come up with good challenges?

Well, in a group like that, I'm guessing they'll be expecting some super monster. Try hitting them with a really vicious trap or two first.

Crow
2007-09-23, 06:43 PM
Don't be afraid to bend the rules on them.

Like a bad guy who is a bit self-centered. In his inner sanctum he has statues of himself in heroic poses lining the walls, and the only way he can be harmed is to damage the correct statue.

As the statue takes damage, he takes damage, or destroying the statue allows him to be hurt...something along those lines.

Call it an...epic spell?

Cogwheel
2007-09-23, 07:06 PM
Call it an...epic spell?

Epic Spells - the best excuse for everything.

Alternatively, have a high-reflex save character with greater starmantle permanencied, and allow it to work with evasion. Cheesy, but so are they:smallbiggrin:.

Kurald Galain
2007-09-24, 02:52 AM
Put them up against other things with class levels. Check the WOTC charop boards for some examples. No, I'm not referring to Pun-Pun or similar cheese, but a properly built Drow High Priest should certainly give them pause.