PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF - Templates as Spells?

unseenmage
2019-01-06, 07:22 AM
Imagine there were a custom spell for every PF template (http://legacy.aonprd.com/indices/templates.html). What spell level would each one be?

Are they all 9ths? Are there a few templates weak enough to be 8th level spells? 7ths? 2nds?
Should it be a function of their CR adjustment?

Should each template spell takes as long to cast as its closest 3.x template applying spell equivalent; Incarnate Construct, Mineralize Warrior, etc?

Though for some templates there are already spells to apply them, Animate Dead and Create Undead come to mind.
Though it's likely a much higher level spell to turn a creature directly into a skeleton or zombie.
Which is more what I'm after.

EDIT: Just spent the last six hours listing and linking every PF template in a spoiler to kill time at work. Then accidentally refreshed the page.
Is what I get for working from my phone. :smallfrown:

noob
2019-01-06, 06:10 PM
Imagine there were a custom spell for every PF template (http://legacy.aonprd.com/indices/templates.html). What spell level would each one be?

Are they all 9ths? Are there a few templates weak enough to be 8th level spells? 7ths? 2nds?
Should it be a function of their CR adjustment?

Should each template spell takes as long to cast as its closest 3.x template applying spell equivalent; Incarnate Construct, Mineralize Warrior, etc?

Though for some templates there are already spells to apply them, Animate Dead and Create Undead come to mind.
Though it's likely a much higher level spell to turn a creature directly into a skeleton or zombie.
Which is more what I'm after.

EDIT: Just spent the last six hours listing and linking every PF template in a spoiler to kill time at work. Then accidentally refreshed the page.
Is what I get for working from my phone. :smallfrown:

Turning someone alive into a skeleton or zombie would probably be costed roughly the same way as a save or die.
For example in 5e finger of death turns the target into a zombie.
Tons of the benefits for no cost or low cost templates from pathfinder would just be used systematically by the ones who can pay.
If there was a spell to get drunk(as per the template) most adventurers would try to use that spell for getting the awesome drunk template.