PDA

View Full Version : Druid (Reincarnated Druid) becomes Evangelist of Haagenti

Zhentarim
2019-01-06, 08:05 PM
It seems to me that being a druid (reincarnated druid) who becomes an evangelist (prestige class) of Haagenti is a great way to become a nonevil immortal. For an added bonus, you can be a Samsaran with the Mythic Past Life Racial Alternate Trait to pick up the 4th level cleric spell called "Restoration" and the 7th level spell called "Greater Restoration" which would remove the negative levels gained from being reincarnated. Take the spells "True Resurrection", "Plane Shift", and "Miracle" if you have enough wisdom bonus at first level and you now have an effective escape plan to a Chaotic Good Plane like Elysium while you wait your week if somebody kills you. In addition, if you take the Favored Prestige Class (Evangelist) Feat and the Prestigious Spellcaster feat, and you'll still get 9th level druid spells at 17th level. Finally, being an evangelist of Haagenti means that your 9th evangelist level (if you took 5 levels of druid before becoming an evangelist, you should now be able to reach your 9th evangelist level at level 14), will grant you the ability to never die of old age and not take physical penalties for aging.

So in short, by level 5, you can reincarnate when you die and by level 14, you won't die at all from old age, but if you are killed, you can immediately reincarnate within a mile in a safe location, and use restoration or greater restoration to remove your negative levels.

As a contingency plan, you could also take the leadership feat and also have a Wizard (spell sage) bring you back if you are killed again before your week is up.

__________________________________________________ _____________

My question is whether becoming an Evangelist of Haagenti (http://aonprd.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Haagenti) would break the druid code of conduct or not, and if not, how would Haagenti's Code of Conduct and a Druid's Code of conduct intersect?

Florian
2019-01-06, 10:02 PM
Haagenti is a Demon Lord and you have to go for the Deific Obedience feat to qualify for Evangelist. You'd need a Neutral component in you alignment for the Druid class, so either CN or NE. Problem is a bit that DO will de-power when you don't perform your obedience, which in turn will de-power the Evangelist PrC. I don't see how you can avoid an alignment shift to CE in the long term when willingly performing an obedience to a demon lord each day. And I'm too lazy to look up if Planar Extremist is compatible with Reincarnated Druid.

Zhentarim
2019-01-06, 10:18 PM
Haagenti is a Demon Lord and you have to go for the Deific Obedience feat to qualify for Evangelist. You'd need a Neutral component in you alignment for the Druid class, so either CN or NE. Problem is a bit that DO will de-power when you don't perform your obedience, which in turn will de-power the Evangelist PrC. I don't see how you can avoid an alignment shift to CE in the long term when willingly performing an obedience to a demon lord each day. And I'm too lazy to look up if Planar Extremist is compatible with Reincarnated Druid.

If that’s the case, I could just as easily be an Evangelist of the (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2u4rn?Feysworn-Evangelist-and-Kineticist-progression) Lantern King (http://aonprd.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=The%20Lantern%20King) and just Polymorph any Object myself into my previous likeness.

The Feysworn boons can be used as the Evangelist boons if need be. (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2u4rn?Feysworn-Evangelist-and-Kineticist-progression)

Edit: I checked, and they are not compatible.

Kish
2019-01-06, 10:50 PM
I think most people would rather be mortal than dedicate their eternal lives to serving the Lantern King, much less Haagenti.

Edited to add: Also, the Lantern King version, even strictly mechanically, would only keep you immortal until you ran out of jokes, at a rate of telling one that you'd never told before to your lantern every day. That's 365,000 unique jokes in a hundred years, not counting leap years.

Zhentarim
2019-01-06, 10:56 PM
I think most people would rather be mortal than dedicate their eternal lives to serving the Lantern King, much less Haaganti.

Even a straight-up reincarnated druid could be semi-immortal, you’d just need to have a safe word to let people know its really you after you reincarnate, or perhaps a ritual like tibetan monks used to use to find the new dalai lama. The current, 14th dalai lama is the final dalai lama.

Psyren
2019-01-07, 05:02 PM
"Haagenti is just as evil and destructive as any other demon."

As I mentioned in the RAW thread, I just don't see how that jives with revering nature. Clearing away old growth is one thing, but demons generally don't plan on stopping there.

Goaty14
2019-01-07, 06:45 PM
Edited to add: Also, the Lantern King version, even strictly mechanically, would only keep you immortal until you ran out of jokes, at a rate of telling one that you'd never told before to your lantern every day. That's 365,000 unique jokes in a hundred years, not counting leap years.

Have you ever wondered about the source of bad jokes? :smalltongue:

Clearing away old growth is one thing, but demons generally don't plan on stopping there.

Then you start on clearing away civilization, giving new room for nature to grow. And then you just don't attack nature and start journeying until you find civilization again, of which you destroy... etc, until you're finally released from your mortal coil.

Zhentarim
2019-01-07, 07:14 PM
Have you ever wondered about the source of bad jokes? :smalltongue:

Then you start on clearing away civilization, giving new room for nature to grow. And then you just don't attack nature and start journeying until you find civilization again, of which you destroy... etc, until you're finally released from your mortal coil.

Actually, while the feysworn prc keeps you alive at the lantern king’s leisure, the evangelist class doesn’t have that restriction.

The Druid (Reincarnated Druid) is the core non-evil mechanic to live forever, being an evangelist of the lantern king just lets you polymorph back to your original form.

Psyren
2019-01-08, 02:21 AM
And then you just don't attack nature and start journeying until you find civilization again

Even if a demon or their followers exercised this sort of "restraint," it wouldn't be out of reverence for nature, but merely wanting a bigger bang (literally) for their buck. Certainly, if the next bit of civilization wasn't immediately at hand, no demon worth their salt would want to leave leagues of land pristine and unspoiled; they wouldn't even need a reason, it's just how they are.