PDA

View Full Version : Forcing an alignment change

Yogibear41
2019-01-07, 02:05 AM
Looking for abilities that can force a permanent alignment change: specifically Changing CE creatures to LE.

Was looking at a 3rd party class that creates minions for the lack of a better term, but in the long run the creatures change to CE. Was looking for a way to turn them to LE (to match the potential character) so they would remain loyal.

Goaty14
2019-01-07, 09:17 AM
Atonement works :smallsmile:

Telonius
2019-01-07, 09:37 AM
Programmed Amnesia can change alignment.

EDIT: Huh, never noticed that - disagreement in alignment of Wererats in the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm). Creature entry says always Lawful Evil, "Common Lycanthropes" table says the preferred alignment is Chaotic Evil.

The Viscount
2019-01-07, 04:11 PM
There's also the 8th level Shaman spell Compel to achieve this effect. It also has no cost, though it won't work on outsiders with an alignment subtype.

DeTess
2019-01-07, 05:19 PM
Was looking at a 3rd party class that creates minions for the lack of a better term, but in the long run the creatures change to CE. Was looking for a way to turn them to LE (to match the potential character) so they would remain loyal.

Is there any issue with playing an adapted version of this 3rd party class that makes Lawful evil? I mean if you're introducing third party stuff anyway (and it's not broken), I see no reason not to change something that seems to be meant as mostly fluff to better fit the character. Or is this meant as a designed weakness of the class?

Yogibear41
2019-01-07, 06:38 PM
Its meant as a weakness of the class. I'm looking at the soulforger from moongoose's quintessential wizard.

Although technically it says they only betray the master if he/she is not evil, the CE minions of the LE master could prove troublesome.

FelineArchmage
2019-01-07, 07:27 PM
Mindrape spell. I think it's 3.0 and from Book of Vile Darkness?

Ruethgar
2019-01-08, 02:36 AM
Sanctify the Wicked is costly but changes the target to match the caster’s Good alignment. The example was a Succubus IIRC, would be kinda messed up to be physically made of chaos and evil and yet be LG.