PDA

View Full Version : Spheres of Might: How would this change affect the conscript?

VladtheLad
2019-01-07, 07:09 AM
I am thinking of making this change to the conscript.
If you have 3 talents in a sphere you get the 3rd level sphere specialization, if you have 8 talents in a sphere you get the 8th level sphere specialization and with 20 talents in a sphere get the 20th level sphere specialization.
The maximum number of talents in a sphere is 3 or your level whichever is higher.
You have to be level 3 to gain access to any specialization.
You can't buy sphere specialization as a combat specialization.

Do you think this makes the conscript too powerful or at least better than the other spheres of might classes? I feel the conscript might struggle if he tries to diversify his sphere choices, with this houserule he may end up being good in multiple things without being overwhelmingly stong. I guess he could simply focus on raising 2 spheres at level 20 but I am ok with that.

exelsisxax
2019-01-07, 10:47 AM
This makes it really easy to collect early specializations and later specialization benefits are often unobtainable. I'm not sure all spheres even have 20 valid talents.

VladtheLad
2019-01-07, 12:38 PM
Yeah not all of them have 20 valid talents, unless you include the advanced talents. I think in that case they all do.

Would having multiple level 8 specializations be too good? I guess you could have up to 5 at level 20.

Eldaran
2019-01-08, 04:15 AM
I would probably do 3/8/16 talents, 20 is just too onerous.

VladtheLad
2019-01-08, 04:44 AM
I can see 3,8,16 working as long as you have the 16 talents activate the specialization only on level 20. I am kinda iffy of granting 20th level gated abilities before level 20.