PDA

View Full Version : Invisable Blade/Master Thrower

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-09-23, 08:23 PM
I was wondering if any one had remade/ or if wizard's have ever realised the first planned use of these two, you know when they were supposed to be combined. I was wondering because I really would like to follow both of these paths.

Thougths and Comments. TY in advance.

Stam
2007-09-23, 09:51 PM
I've done it. It takes too many levels to really be competent in both, mostly. Master Thrower on its own can be incredibly powerful. Invisible Blade stands the chance - if built right - of an enormous AC and massive flanking sneak-damage.

Put together, you probably won't get full benefit from both until 15th level (or higher, if you went full rogue before entering either). By that point, being short the sneak damage from Master Thrower levels might hurt a little more in melee than you thought.

Zincorium
2007-09-23, 09:58 PM
10 levels ain't too bad when they improve things simultaneously.

The biggest benefit of invisible blade is that it has both sneak attack dice on each odd level as well as full BAB, the feint is nerfed and the intelligence bonus may or may not be better than the armor you can afford with the difference from bracers of armor.

You would be advised to get either the Shadow Blade feat from ToB or three levels at least in swashbuckler, and realize the insightful strike benefit can apply to ranged attacks as well as melee if they're made with light weapons.

No matter how you spin it, though, you're either a short range'd archer-type or a non two handed weapon meleer. Your skill points aren't good enough to be a real skill monkey, but you can do in a pinch.