PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent Golems

Yogibear41
2019-01-08, 02:47 AM
I remember a feat or maybe a prestige class ability that let you make normally mindless golems have an Int score.

I'm pretty sure it was from a 3rd party book, but I can't seem to find it in my collection, does anyone know of the feat I am looking for?

flappeercraft
2019-01-08, 02:50 AM
I believe you mean Rudimentary Golem from Dragon Magazine. IIRC it’s not even a feat and comes with craft construct but you need to pay more for the construction of the golem.

There is also the Awaken Construct Spell, although this frees the golem from your service.

Yogibear41
2019-01-08, 03:24 AM
Not sure if that is what I remember or not, but Rudimentary Intelligence should work for my purposes thanks. :smallsmile:

ShurikVch
2019-01-08, 05:32 AM
Also, there is the Soulfused Construct template in the Magic of Incarnum

Cosi
2019-01-08, 07:35 AM
Depending on what you're going for, there's also Monster Manual V's Force Golem, which is intelligent by default.

ShurikVch
2019-01-08, 01:29 PM
Depending on what you're going for, there's also Monster Manual V's Force Golem, which is intelligent by default.If we would use specific examples, then there are also:
Monster Manual II - Brass, Dragonflesh, and Stained Glass Golems
Monsters of Faerûn - Gemstone Golems
Heroes of Horror - Cadaver Golem
Fiend Folio - Brain, Demonflesh, and Hellfire Golems
Dungeon #142 - Lemorian Golem
Dragon #297 - Rabbi Loew's Golem
Dragon #334 - Relief Golem
Dragon #341 - Tin Golem
Dragon #343 - Rune Golem

3rd-party settings:
Dark Sun - Paper Golem1 (Faces of the Forgotten North)
Kingdoms of Kalamar - Quartz (Dangerous Denizens) and Sand2 (Midnight's Terror) Golems
Ravenloft - Bone, Doll, Flesh, Gargoyle, Glass, Mechanical, Mist, Snow, and Wax Golems (Denizens of Dread), and Dread Golem template (Ravenloft Player's Handbook)
1 Int 1
2 Int 2

unseenmage
2019-01-08, 04:54 PM
Theres also the Sacred Guardian (Bestiary of Krynn Revised) template, which I favor.

Doctor Awkward
2019-01-09, 12:20 AM
Nimblewrights from Monster Manual II are also intelligent. one of my personal favorites.