PDA

View Full Version : DM Help I need a buried lost city!

Winds of Nagual
2019-01-10, 09:40 AM
Help! My PCs are about to explore a buried lost city in the jungle and I need a seed to get started. Any old dungeon magazines/modules/pathfinder adventures that I can reskin for my purposes? I am totally down with changing denizens, themes, treasures, etc. Serpent men!! I just need a solid starting point.

And yes I can considered B3 The Lost City - but I used that about five years ago and reskinned as a Bioshock homage.

Cheers all!

AnimeTheCat
2019-01-10, 09:46 AM
You could try stealing from Shackled City or similar if you aren't looking to run an adventure path, only reskinned.

Otherwise, I don't know of many, if any, lost city adventure paths prewritten.

Uncle Pine
2019-01-10, 10:05 AM
I am a fan of "Rana Mor" from Dungeon Magazine #86, if you happen to have access to it. It's a 3e 6th-level adventure set in a Mayincatec ruins of an ancient city state in the middle of a tropical forest, but the set up and maps are solid even if you end up adapting or changing most encounters and treasures. On a similar vein, Dungeon Magazine #84 has a nice map (but no adventure related to it) of "The Halls of Huhueteotl", old Mayincatec ruins surrounded and partially submerged by lava.

I also have some fond memories of running "Grasp of the Emerald Claw": it's a 6th-level Eberron adventure mostly set within Xen'drik ruins.

Winds of Nagual
2019-01-10, 11:33 AM
Thanks! That's what I'm talking about

tiercel
2019-01-11, 01:42 AM
The Savage Tide adventure path has some sequence set on the Isle of Dread — if you want jungles, dinos, and Meso-/South American flavored ruins/dungeon crawl, the relevant Dungeon issues start around 142 and go through 145. Judicious looting of portions should work fine outside the loose Demogorgon-doom-pearl arc of the Adventure Path.