PDA

View Full Version : Christopher lee

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-01-10, 03:01 PM
Was watching Gremlins 2 the other day, completely forgot that he played the geneticist. Got me to thinking about how crazy his story is. WW2 special agent, part of the inspiration of James Bond, Knight, actor, diplomat, not only a direct descendant of Charlemagne, but wrote a heavy metal concept album about him.
When he asked his wife's father for permission to marry her, he said, only if you get permission from the king of sweden. Lee got permission from the king of sweden.
During filming of LoTR RotK, he told peter Jackson he didn't have to imagine the sound a man makes when he's stabbed in the back.

All sorts of crazy stories out there. Quick search seems like he hasn't been given the forum treatment before, so here goes.

3.0/3.5/pf, how would you stat him? Fighter/Knight/Bard seems like it would cover most of it, but curious what others think.

Ellrin
2019-01-10, 03:51 PM
You don’t have to be a knight (class) to be knighted.

I don’t know much about Lee outside of his acting career, but based on your description, I’d probably do a bardsader or maybe even a straight melee/sneaky bard, maybe going into sublime chord if I want to reference Saruman, or throw on one of the vampire templates plus dirgesinger if I want to reference Dracula.

Particle_Man
2019-01-10, 05:29 PM
3.5 has the prestige class Focluhan Lyricist.

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050107a&page=2

I would have him take that Prestige Class except he gets to enter it at character level one, waiving all prerequisites and advancing in druid and bard spellcasting despite having no levels in druid or bard.

Because it is Christopher Lee. :smallcool:

Doctor Awkward
2019-01-10, 05:46 PM
Apparently he argued with Peter Jackson on the set of Lord of the Rings when they were shooting the scene where Wormtongue was supposed to stab Saruman in the back over the sound Jackson wanted him to make. And him saying, "That's not what it sounds like when someone is stabbed in the back."

Dude is hardcore.

zfs
2019-01-10, 06:12 PM
He's been Dracula, Saruman, Count Dooku - a man of many faces. Or should we say a Master of Masks?

Malphegor
2019-01-11, 04:46 AM
Considering that the man has 2 metal albums focused on his ancestor, Charlemagne, who was the leader of the Peers, who were the real world Paladins from which Paladins in RPGs were based.

I'd actually put Lee as Marshal/Paladin or even just straight up Paladin.

Marshall for inspiring lyrics like "THE RIVER FLOWING RED, WITH THE BLOOD OF FOUR THOUSAND MEN, THAT I DID BEHEAAAAAD!"
and "Let legend mark me as the king, of whom, future generations will siiiing..."

Paladin because... well, his ancestor invented them, kinda maybe sorta.

gkathellar
2019-01-11, 07:10 AM
Bard, full stop. And not one of those wussy core-only bards or PF bards. Full 3.5 sourcebook access. Maybe a fochlucan lyrist, if only because it's how you do the old 1E-style "magician-warrior-spy" bard.

Red Fel
2019-01-11, 10:25 AM
Bard, full stop. And not one of those wussy core-only bards or PF bards. Full 3.5 sourcebook access. Maybe a fochlucan lyrist, if only because it's how you do the old 1E-style "magician-warrior-spy" bard.

Seconding this. Maybe make him a Fear Bard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?252815-3-5-Evil-Campaign#4) type, with Dread Witch and/or Nightmare Spinner. Mr. Midnight will show you the meaning of pants-crapping terror.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-01-11, 11:48 AM
Seconding this. Maybe make him a Fear Bard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?252815-3-5-Evil-Campaign#4) type, with Dread Witch and/or Nightmare Spinner. Mr. Midnight will show you the meaning of pants-crapping terror.

Yesssss. Totally going to be my next pc.

GrayDeath
2019-01-11, 12:56 PM
Well, aside from the obvious Bard (Actor, Singer, overall Style to the roof), I would say gestalt him with the Noble (The Aristocrat who actually gets aristocratic stuff) and the marshall, and done.

He is no Paladin, and even if his ancestor invented them, that only means he gets to send them on Errands (like a much more stylish Shojo mayhap ^^).

If it was trying to follow most of his roles, I`d opt for exchangeable Vampire Lord Template and higher Casting respectively.