PDA

View Full Version : Hand crossbow & Crossbow Expert Feat

Garfunion
2019-01-10, 03:04 PM
Just so I’m not reading this incorrectly. If I have the extra attack feature and crossbow expert feat, I can use a single hand crossbow twice with the attack action and use a bonus action to attack again with the same hand crossbow. Is this correct?

JNAProductions
2019-01-10, 03:06 PM
Just so I’m not reading this incorrectly. If I have the extra attack feature, I can use a single hand crossbow twice with the attack action and use a bonus action to attack again with the same hand crossbow. Is this correct?

That is accurate.

Garfunion
2019-01-10, 03:12 PM
That is accurate.

Excellent😈

Garfunion
2019-01-10, 07:16 PM
I’ve looked and looked but there is no way for a 5th level hexblade warlock to have 3 Elemental weapon attack with a hand crossbow.

Nerdicus
2019-01-10, 08:21 PM
If you are using a Magic Hand Xbow, you can get 3 attacks with the Pact of the Blade, Thirsting Blade invocation and Crossbow Xpert. You can turn any magic weapon into your pact weapon with a 1 hour ritual.

Pact of the Blade:
..."You can transform one Magic Weapon into your pact weapon by performing a Special ritual while you hold the weapon. You perform the ritual over the course of 1 hour, which can be done during a Short Rest. You can then dismiss the weapon, shunting it into an extradimensional space, and it appears whenever you create your pact weapon thereafter. You can’t affect an artifact or a sentient weapon in this way. The weapon ceases being your pact weapon if you die, if you perform the 1-hour ritual on a different weapon, or if you use a 1-hour ritual to break your bond to it. The weapon appears at your feet if it is in the extradimensional space when the bond breaks."

Garfunion
2019-01-10, 08:23 PM
If you are using a Magic Hand Xbow, you can get 3 attacks with the Pact of the Blade, Thirsting Blade invocation and Crossbow Xpert. You can turn any magic weapon into your pact weapon with a 1 hour ritual.

Pact of the Blade:
..."You can transform one Magic Weapon into your pact weapon by performing a Special ritual while you hold the weapon. You perform the ritual over the course of 1 hour, which can be done during a Short Rest. You can then dismiss the weapon, shunting it into an extradimensional space, and it appears whenever you create your pact weapon thereafter. You can’t affect an artifact or a sentient weapon in this way. The weapon ceases being your pact weapon if you die, if you perform the 1-hour ritual on a different weapon, or if you use a 1-hour ritual to break your bond to it. The weapon appears at your feet if it is in the extradimensional space when the bond breaks."

Oh I know but, you can not cast Elemental weapon spell on a magical weapon.

Nerdicus
2019-01-10, 08:32 PM
Ahh, got. it. you meant the spell. Just cast hex and get an extra 1d6 each attack.