PDA

View Full Version : SU Healing Abilities

Yogibear41
2019-01-11, 03:31 AM
Looking for Supernatural (SU) ways to provide healing, (hit points and ability damage/drain) as alternatives to spells and spell like abilities.

Things I have found:

Reserve Feats
Healing Devotion
Binder with Buer (or Naberius for self only)
Factotum healing
Lay on hands
Healing Spellfire

anything else I am missing?

flappeercraft
2019-01-11, 03:38 AM
The feat Sacred Purification from PHB2 is a divine feat and therefore an Su ability.

Elrak
2019-01-11, 03:55 AM
Draconic Aura Vigor either as a Feat or as a class feature for Dragon Shamans (incidentaly the DS also has the class feature "Touch of Vitality" as SU which is a better version of Lay on Hnads in my opinion)

OgresAreCute
2019-01-11, 04:30 AM
There's the Stigmata feat from BoED which I think can be quite potent if you combine it with Lay on Hands and some other stuff (don't remember exactly what).

Troacctid
2019-01-11, 06:45 AM
I believe the Spontaneous Rejuvenation ACF for druids is (Su).

DeTess
2019-01-11, 06:50 AM
In ToB, within the Devoted spirit school, there's several maneuvers that grant healing. Though they are all extraordinary, so I'm not sure if that counts. Anyway, the healing maneuvers are the crusaders strike and strike of righteous vitality strikes, and the martial spirit stance.

Jack_Simth
2019-01-11, 08:02 AM
There's the Stigmata feat from BoED which I think can be quite potent if you combine it with Lay on Hands and some other stuff (don't remember exactly what).
Binder, for Nebarious to get rid of the ability damage on yourself.

ShurikVch
2019-01-11, 11:19 AM
Healer base class gets Greater Restoration (1/day, 10th level), Regenerate (1/day, 15th level), and True Resurrection (1/week, 20th level)

I don't sure if it's (Su), but Dungeonscape gives Paladin a Divine Spirit ACF (instead of mount); Spirit of Healing is available from the very start (it can heal damage equal to doubled Lay of Hands limit), and at 20th level - Spirit of the Fallen (fast healing 10 to allies within 30', end able to revive killed allies 1/round - as long as their bodies are intact)

Sangehirn (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625c) - technically, powers are neither spells, nor SLA

How about the monstrous abilities? Say, Positive Energy Lash of Xag-Ya (Manual of the Planes) is already (Su), and numerous healing SLA - such as Cure Light Wounds of Ghaele (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ghaele.htm) - are may be turned into (Su) via Supernatural Transformation feat

Supernatural Spell of Dweomerkeeper

EDIT:
Maneuvers of Devoted Spirit discipline are may be not (Su), but also - neither spells, nor SLA

The Viscount
2019-01-11, 12:16 PM
The Devoted Spirit Maneuvers and stances that heal damage are supernatural.

Powers are spell-like abilities.

DeTess
2019-01-11, 12:21 PM
The Devoted Spirit Maneuvers and stances that heal damage are supernatural.

They're not, actually. Stances and maneuvers are Extraordinary unless noted otherwise (like with many desert-wind maneuvers), and these maneuvers and stances don't have text calling them out as being supernatural, unless I'm really missing something.

ShurikVch
2019-01-11, 12:36 PM
Powers are spell-like abilities.No, they're not.
Powers are powers, and SLA are SLA
This whole "Powers are SLA" shtick is stemming from the misunderstanding of this quote (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicPowersOverview.htm#psiLikeAbilities):
The manifestation of powers by a psionic character is considered a psi-like abilityExcept the header there is Psi-Like Abilities (Ps)
There is the uncut quote:
Psi-Like Abilities (Ps)

The manifestation of powers by a psionic character is considered a psi-like ability, as is the manifestation of powers by creatures without a psionic class (creatures with the psionic subtype, also simply called psionic creatures). Usually, a psionic creature’s psi-like ability works just like the power of that name. A few psi-like abilities are unique; these are explained in the text where they are described.

Psi-like abilities have no verbal, somatic, or material components, nor do they require a focus or have an XP cost (even if the equivalent power has an XP cost). The user activates them mentally. Armor never affects a psi-like ability’s use. A psi-like ability has a manifesting time of 1 standard action unless noted otherwise in the ability description. In all other ways, a psi-like ability functions just like a power. However, a psionic creature does not have to pay a psi-like ability’s power point cost.

Psi-like abilities are subject to power resistance and to being dispelled by dispel psionics. They do not function in areas where psionics is suppressed or negated.
Are you seriously don't see any difference between the manifested powers and Psi-Like Abilities?

Ruethgar
2019-01-11, 06:47 PM
Gift of the Divine Patron: Healing Blast technically is a Su healing ability from the Eldritch Disciple, but of course you are using an SLA to utilize it so maybe not what you were looking for. A Draconic Aura is a Su ability, though it can only heal up to half. Also of course Supernatural Spell from the Dweomerkeeper. Manipulate Form from the Sarrukh is the ultimate Su healing ability, not directly, but still. Paladins of Tyrany and Slaughter also have a variant Lay on Hands that can heal undead. Dragonfire Channeling if you can somehow manage to get Positive Energy breath, but I believe that is homebrew only. Elemental Healing, Profane Lifeleech, Profane Vigor, Sacred Healing(Complete Divine not PHB II) Sacred Purification all use Turn/Rebuke Undead to heal which is a Su ability.

Awakeninfinity
2019-01-11, 06:59 PM
Divine Companion Sorcerer ACF has you sacrifice spells beforehand to gain either a bonus to AC/Saves or healing, but it is a supernatural ability to activate.

Zaq
2019-01-11, 09:02 PM
There's the Sacred Healing feat in CDiv, which is (Su). (Also, while it only works on critters with specific subtypes, technically the Elemental Healing feat from the same book would also qualify.)

Self-only, but a warlock's Fiendish Resilience ability is (Su). A monk's Wholeness of Body ability is similar. I wouldn't be surprised if there's actually a whole bunch of PrCs with similar (Su) self-heals.

If you heal from negative energy, a dread necromancer's Charnel Touch and Negative Energy Burst are both (Su).

ShurikVch
2019-01-12, 07:44 PM
Vivacious Creature template (Planar Handbook) - Positive Energy Aura (Su): fast healing 1 (like in a positive-dominant environment); 10' radius

Also, how about to take Artificer and craft Healing Salve (alchemical variant from the Lords of Darkness, not wondrous item from the Heroes of Battle)? Alchemy isn't based on spells or SLA...

EDIT: Seeker of the Song PrC - Song of Life, Refrain

The Viscount
2019-01-14, 07:29 PM
Divine Mind can grant healing at an increasing rate to constructs or to animals, plants, and fey if they choose the creation or natural world mantles.

They're not, actually. Stances and maneuvers are Extraordinary unless noted otherwise (like with many desert-wind maneuvers), and these maneuvers and stances don't have text calling them out as being supernatural, unless I'm really missing something.
My mistake. I was thinking it extended beyond desert wind

No, they're not.
Powers are powers, and SLA are SLA
This whole "Powers are SLA" shtick is stemming from the misunderstanding of this quote (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicPowersOverview.htm#psiLikeAbilities):Except the header there is Psi-Like Abilities (Ps)
There is the uncut quote:
Are you seriously don't see any difference between the manifested powers and Psi-Like Abilities?

I was actually misremembering on the basis that Psionics, the monster special attack as seen on mind flayers, is a spell-like ability.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-01-15, 04:44 PM
Healing Pool, cleric ACF, Complete Divine or maybe Complete Champion, lets you permanently trade a level 4 spell slot for an ability similar to Lay On Hands.

DeTess
2019-01-15, 06:13 PM
My mistake. I was thinking it extended beyond desert wind

It's not problem, I initially thought they where SU as well until I looked them up, and I suspect if there ever had been ToB errata they'd probably have been errata'd to be SU, but unfortunately that's not the world we live in.

ShurikVch
2019-01-15, 06:34 PM
Bard, Healing Hymn ACF (Complete Champion): if you use this ability for 1 full minute before you and your allies retire for the night, everyone in the group heals naturally as if he had completed 24 hours of bed rest (thus recovering twice his character level in hit points)

Elemental Healing (Complete Divine) - very niche, but still - technically -fit in

Thurbane
2019-01-15, 06:55 PM
Argent Fist PrC: Embrace of the Silver Flame
Celestial Mystic PrC: Blessing of the Crystal Heaven
Champion of Corellon Larethian PrC: Corellon's Blessing
Dragonsong Lyrist PrC: Song of Healing
Eldritch Disciple PrC: Healing Blast
Gray Hand Enforcer PrC: Lords' Boon
Haztaratain PrC: Energize
Hidecarved Dragon PrC: Wholeness of Body
Hospitaler PrC: Lay on Hands
Illumine Soul PrC: Positive Energy Healing
Incandescent Champion PrC: Fast Healing
Knight of the Pearl PrC: Lay on Hands
Legendary Captain PrC: Splice the Main Brace
Nature's Warrior PrC: Wild Growth
Sanctified One PrC: Fast Healing
Scion of Tem-et-nu PrC: The River's Life Is Mine
Sentinel of Bharrai PrC: Ursinal's Touch
Shadow Sun Ninja PrC: Touch of the Shadow Sun
Tattooed Monk PrC: Arrowroot tattoo

Jack_Simth
2019-01-15, 07:59 PM
It's not problem, I initially thought they where SU as well until I looked them up, and I suspect if there ever had been ToB errata they'd probably have been errata'd to be SU, but unfortunately that's not the world we live in.

Well... there is errata. It's just nobody knows what it is, because it was apparently eaten by a file system error.

Edit:
Main Errata page (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/errata)
Specific Tome of Battle Link (http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/files/Errata_ToB.zip)
OK, maybe a very glaring editing error, rather than a file system error. Still, it gives errata for three things, then switches over to updates for Complete Mage rather than continuing with Tome of Battle. But I suppose 3.X has always been Caster Supremacy Edition....