PDA

View Full Version : Some help picking a new game

Demon Messiah
2007-09-23, 09:50 PM
Well my birthday is coming up, so I've got some important gaming decisions to make. I've got a Wii, a PS2, an Xbox 360, and a computer that can barely run games up to about Battle for Middle Earth II. So I was wondering what gaming suggestions my forum friends might have. I'll be getting Bioshock at least, and maybe Mortal Kombat Armageddon. I never really managed to get much into Megaman, and I was wondering if I should maybe get one of the two collections for Gamecube (Megaman collection and Megaman X collection). Lastly, I've been thinking about getting into Warhammer, but I doubt I'd have the funds for that right now, but Xmas is coming up too....
So any suggestions? Please?

And I'm not getting Halo 3.

Albub
2007-09-23, 09:51 PM
Why not? If only for closure of the campaign experience, and potential machinima it's a great buy.

Demon Messiah
2007-09-23, 10:03 PM
Assuming your talking about Halo 3, I'm just not a fan of the series. I don't have any extreme hate against it, it's just not my kinda game. I only like a few FPS's anyway. (Metroid Prime, The Darkness, etc.) I guess I was just never grabbed by the plot, and the game mechanics weren't exactly revolutionary. I'd probably rate it a mediocre game.

Ganon11
2007-09-23, 10:14 PM
Metroid Prime 3 was a fun game (though a bit of a letdown from 2 and 1)...other than that, try Team Fortress 2 which just came out?

Demon Messiah
2007-09-23, 10:15 PM
I already beat Prime 3, and isn't Team Fortress 2 for PC? If it is, I doubt I could run it.

banjo1985
2007-09-24, 03:37 AM
On a different note, I'd pass on Mortal Kombat, I had it and my interest went dry in less than a day. There really isn't very much variety in it, and the Wii controls don't work well enough to make it very playable.

However, maybe the controls go better on other systems, it might be worth getting on your ps2 or something.

Inigo_Carmine
2007-09-24, 09:41 AM
isn't Team Fortress 2 for PC? If it is, I doubt I could run it.

TF2 is part of the Orange Box and will be released for the 360 as well (and I think PS3, with the 1-2 month delay that seems standard these days).

Alex Kidd
2007-09-24, 09:56 AM
Assuming your talking about Halo 3, I'm just not a fan of the series. I don't have any extreme hate against it, it's just not my kinda game. I only like a few FPS's anyway. (Metroid Prime, The Darkness, etc.) I guess I was just never grabbed by the plot, and the game mechanics weren't exactly revolutionary. I'd probably rate it a mediocre game.

Well I was gonna say if you liked Prime you should get Bioshock, as while Bioshock's gameplay is not at the same standard as the Prime series both are very atmospheric and context heavy shooters, and Bioshock's about as pretty as games get. But then I read your first post again.

So:

360- Dead Rising is always good times. If you haven't tried the demo give the Katamari game a spin, that series rocks.
PS2- Okami if you don't have it, and if you like RPGs at all Persona 3's the best this year, though if you're you're devoutly religious I'd give it a pass.
Wii- Well if you've got MP3, unless you're a fan of Metal Slug and don't have the Anthology there isn't much.

Triaxx
2007-09-24, 05:47 PM
360? Mass Effect is probably one to wait for.

PS2? Final Fantasy 12 would be my vote, or GoW1/2 if that's your thing.

Wii? Played RE4? It's incredibly fun there. Wait for Super Smash bros Brawl. Or Super Mario Galaxy.

Demon Messiah
2007-09-24, 06:01 PM
Well I'm waiting for all of those games. Brawl, Mass Effect, Galaxy, etc. I've beaten RE4 for PS2 and Gamecube, and I've heard there aren't new features for Wii, other than the controls of course. Problem is, I need a game for October. I never did get God of War. When I tried to rent it, it was too scratched up to play. Would you suggest <i>buying</i> it?

Triaxx
2007-09-25, 06:45 AM
I'd say so. I've not played it, but I've played very similar games, and it's supposed to be tops amongst those. So yeah, I'd say it's worth buying. It's in the player's choice collection now too, so it's cheap.

Om
2007-09-25, 07:19 AM
Team Fortress 2 for PC? If it is, I doubt I could run it.It would be worth while looking into the Orange Box. HL2 runs very well on low to mid end machines. Its virtually unique amongst modern FPS in that regard.

If your machine is that bad and you have an interest in strategy then check out the various Paradox historical strategy games. Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, and Hearts of Iron are all great games that deal with differing eras and all (with the exception of EUIII) should run fine on low end machines.

Alex Kidd
2007-09-25, 09:29 AM
Well I'm waiting for all of those games. Brawl, Mass Effect, Galaxy, etc. I've beaten RE4 for PS2 and Gamecube, and I've heard there aren't new features for Wii, other than the controls of course. Problem is, I need a game for October. I never did get God of War. When I tried to rent it, it was too scratched up to play. Would you suggest <i>buying</i> it?

Have you played DMC3? Think a much easier but still very fun that.

Terumitsu
2007-09-25, 09:44 AM
If you like RPG's Try Tales of Symphonia(GC) or Tales of the Abyss(PS2). Very good games in terms of story and battle system. Graphics emulate a sort of 3D anime style so I don't know how you like that. But very good nonetheless.

Istari
2007-09-25, 07:07 PM
I dont know consoles but warcraft 3 is a great pc game with a great multiplayer.

tannish2
2007-09-25, 07:40 PM
well for PC (these should all run on your comp as none of them are new but i will be suprised if you havent played them) morrowind (GET IT FOR PC! mods are a good thing) oblivion (WITH shivering isles) still a good game, play it before morrowind, might not run on your computer but its also for 360 there are some damn good mods out for the PC version though. theres also starcraft and warcraft 3.

the armored core games for the PS2 were quite good, but start with 2 or 3 because you dont learn it instantly and the others are ****ing hard. to be honest i havent seen much new good **** lately.