PDA

View Full Version : Converted PF adventures

Kane0
2019-01-12, 01:48 AM
So I remember Runelords being converted from PF to 5e a while back, have any other adventure paths been done in the same manner? Jade Regent specifically would be great but i’m interested in any I can get my hands on.

Spriteless
2019-01-12, 09:41 AM
Someone has converted the monsters in the Iron Gods adventure path, by way of WH40k.

Here is the google drive with the files (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4yCoQmUnbssWEZPelJFelZoV28).
Here is the converter's blog, with some neat audio files (https://itsmygamemyrules.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/hololithic-messages/).

The adventure itself doesn't seem the deepest thing to me The overarching theme of pulp sci-fi tech in the pseudo-medieval world of Golgarion, but in some modules the main monsters are Hell-raiser style Kytons or drug dealers.

Module 4 is full of brain-spiders, if you don't like such grim-dark-tapestry stuff you can move the treasure to just about any other module, add a couple of robots guarding the plot device and be good.

Malifice
2019-01-12, 02:09 PM
So I remember Runelords being converted from PF to 5e a while back, have any other adventure paths been done in the same manner? Jade Regent specifically would be great but i’m interested in any I can get my hands on.

Ive found with 5E you can pretty much do it on the fly (some prep to stat out key encounters)

DC 15 for most tasks, (10 for easy, 20 for hard, 25 for really hard).

Monsters convert on a 1 to 1 basis, with NPCs standing in for classed NPCs (there are enough in Volos and the MM to cover 99 percent of them.

I ran all the Falcons Hollow series of modules (Hollows last hope, Kobold king etc) on the fly and it worked just fine.

For some critters (Tazelwyrms etc) just use the 5E equivalent of a roughly appropriate CR (Ambush Drakes).

I also ran AD&D Modules on the fly, plus all of 3E's Age of Worms, pretty much converting as I went. I'd spend a few hours on a Wednesday or Thursday night preparing for the sessions on the Weekend, and in 90 percent of occasions it was a straight 1 to 1 conversion.

Main work that needed to be done was converting special monsters (all the Kyuss themed ones) to 5E, implementing doom clocks, and messing with a few monsters (buffing, changing spells etc).