PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Expanding a zen archer monk past lvl 20

Buenaventura
2019-01-12, 07:49 AM
So our campaign got past level 20 now. My char is a lawful neutral zen archer monk, with decent stats in anything but CHA and a high WIS, 10+.
The rest of the group are casters - wizard, sorceror, summoner.

I could add up to 5 more monk levels, which would add a bit more BAB for flurry, as well as some other stuff you get for every X levels of monk.
But for now I think about adding Inquisitor as a second class, which could be nice with my high WIS.
However I have no idea what inquisition or domain to take. Also unsure about the archetypes.
I could get some use out of solo tactics with the few teamwork feats that work for archery, since the summoner has an eidolon focused on melee.

Suggestions? Other ideas? Most paizo stuff should be ok, 3rd party isn't.

Geddy2112
2019-01-13, 09:11 PM
Inquisitor is a solid choice, the 2nd level adding your wis to initiative is one of the best sells. Getting bane at 5th and judgements are good as well.

At this level, none of your spells or domains are going to really do too much. Buff and utility spells are childs play compared to the rest of your party, but having a few is not bad.

For archetypes, sanctified slayer gives you studied target, but a move action at this level is a bit meh. Spellbreaker is incredibly powerful for giving 2x rolls against mind affecting saves, in addition to some expanded magic resistances. Preacher is a good replacement for solo tactics(you still get teamwork feats) for re rolling attacks and forcing enemies to re roll attacks. While not great, infiltrator grants misdirection and a ton of other minor benefits.

Another option would be to just go fighter and stack on any feats you don't have or may want. Or a couple inquisitor levels for the initiative boost then the rest fighter.

Florian
2019-01-13, 10:13 PM
Unless it is already pretty clear that you will be playing past the level 30 point, next to no class will have any meaningful impact for a while.

Levels in Fighter (Weapon Master) will add the most direct oomph in the form of Weapon Mastery (Longbow) and feats, while Warpriest (Arsenal Champion) will also offer Weapon Mastery and feats, scaling at a bit slower, but also gives you Fervor, which ainīt bad.

inuyasha
2019-01-14, 01:24 AM
There's also the possibility of going Sorcerer (maybe Destined bloodline), to get a few spells like Shield and True Strike for a little bit more defense, and an even more guaranteed hit if you're going up against something truly insane.

Firest Kathon
2019-01-14, 08:38 AM
Goin Warpriest has the advantage of swift-action self-buffing, so you can still shoot off your full attacks. Probably there's some way of getting shield or true strike on the spell list somehow.

Buenaventura
2019-02-16, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the ideas, very appreciated.
Looks like I should've asked here earlier, but at least for now 2 inquisitor levels are locked in. For the next level I'll have a look at Wapriest or Fighter, now that I have the initiative boost.
Decided for Spellbreaker archetype and Persistance inquisition.