PDA

View Full Version : New order of the stick book?

argil7
2007-09-23, 11:55 PM
:roach: Dose anyone have some info on any new OOTS books? :roach:

Icewalker
2007-09-24, 12:16 AM
Well, it goes up to strip 484, it's book #3, and it's called War and XPs. That's all we know, right?

Tal9922
2007-09-24, 12:42 AM
Well, it goes up to strip 484, it's book #3, and it's called War and XPs. That's all we know, right?

Hey, i read it here the first time! :smalleek:

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-09-24, 08:52 AM

Um... I know i will be the longest so far, it will have extra strips and commentary, and I know I will probably order it. :smallbiggrin:

explanetpluto
2007-09-24, 09:24 AM
I'll get it, but I have to get No Cure for the Paladin Blues first, I have all the others.

I'm also waiting for him to find a way to get the Dragon Comics for us.

argil7
2007-09-25, 04:47 PM
thank you everyone for your coments!:belkar:

jameslt0
2007-10-08, 06:20 PM
I'll get it, but I have to get No Cure for the Paladin Blues first, I have all the others.

I'm also waiting for him to find a way to get the Dragon Comics for us.

I would love to see the Dragon Comics of OOTS together in one book. They would all be together instead of going from one Dragon issue to the next AND I would not have to buy every Dragon issue just for the OOTS comics. LOL

factotum
2007-10-09, 02:55 AM
Nice idea, but since they've already appeared in Dragon magazine one assumes the publisher of that magazine holds the rights to them, not Rich himself--he would have to get their permission to produce a compilation book. (Of course, I don't know exactly what the business arrangement between the magazine and Rich was, and it's none of my business anyway, but that's my guess on the situation).

Kurald Galain
2007-10-09, 03:40 AM
It's a shame the oversea shipping on these books is so horrendously expensive.

Is there any chance of these books appearing in stores? Or on RPG conventions?

phobiandarkmoon
2007-10-09, 04:19 AM

Not so bad if you order with as many friends as possible and split the shipping

deworde
2007-10-09, 04:42 AM

You can get them from Forbidden Planet, but it's not much cheaper, as long as it's 2 dollars to the pound. Thank you, GB and your economic politics, Region 1 DVD's for all!

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-10-09, 09:43 AM
Nice idea, but since they've already appeared in Dragon magazine one assumes the publisher of that magazine holds the rights to them, not Rich himself--he would have to get their permission to produce a compilation book. (Of course, I don't know exactly what the business arrangement between the magazine and Rich was, and it's none of my business anyway, but that's my guess on the situation).

Um... No. Rich owns the copyright, and Dragon does not publish them in the electronic version of the magazine. Or at least I've read/heard that somewhere. Rich should be able to publish them sooner or later, but I believe Dragon/Paizo has exclusivity to the strips for one year.

Greebo
2007-10-09, 10:29 AM
Um... No. Rich owns the copyright, and Dragon does not publish them in the electronic version of the magazine. Or at least I've read/heard that somewhere. Rich should be able to publish them sooner or later, but I believe Dragon/Paizo has exclusivity to the strips for one year.
That'll depend on the deal with Dragon. Dragon could very well have purchased the rights to the specific strips that appeared in its magazine in perpetuity, which would mean Rich would never be allowed to republish them.

Unless someone knows the specifics, best not to speculate.

Artector
2007-10-09, 10:42 AM
From the anouncements:

Now, I got this news only about an hour before anyone else did, but as far as I have been told, Order of the Stick will continue to run in all the remaining issues of Dragon. Right now, it's too early for any plans on when or how I might make the 22 OOTS strips I created for Dragon available. I was originally going to wait until I had about 60-70 Dragon OOTS before collecting them, but obviously that just ain't gonna happen now. But don't worry, obsessive completists, I'll find a way to get them into your hands somehow.

I think this implies that Rich'll be able to publish them, it may just be a while before he decides what to do with them. (I'd think they'd be extra content in the next book, or the one after that)

Greebo
2007-10-09, 10:45 AM
From the anouncements:

I think this implies that Rich'll be able to publish them, it may just be a while before he decides what to do with them. (I'd think they'd be extra content in the next book, or the one after that)
Indeed it would. :D

argil7
2007-11-20, 11:01 PM
well I get my copys at comic readers, tramps, and comic workshop I think its called.

Max_Sinister
2007-11-21, 03:46 AM
It's announced for Fall 2007 (wikipedia), which could technically mean any day before December 21st.

Caractacus
2007-11-21, 09:42 AM
You can get them from Forbidden Planet, but it's not much cheaper, as long as it's 2 dollars to the pound. Thank you, GB and your economic politics, Region 1 DVD's for all!

Eh? Surely if the pound is strong, that makes it cheaper...? It was $1.45 to the pound about five or six years ago I seem to remember.

I'll get it from my local game shop here even though they usually put quite a premium on it...:smallfrown:

NerfTW
2007-11-21, 09:47 AM
He's stated somewhere that the problem with the Dragon comics isn't a copyright issue, it's the fact that there's less than 30 of them, not enough to do a book with. The price for a book would be almost as much as the price for one of the 100+ page books.

He'll probably find a book he can stick them into at some point.

Studoku
2007-11-21, 09:54 AM
Maybe he'll put them in War and XPs.

factotum
2007-11-21, 10:07 AM
Maybe he'll put them in War and XPs.

War and XPs is already going to be nearly 200 strips long--I doubt there's really room to add another bunch of strips to it.

madmotoristmonk
2007-11-21, 11:42 AM
My local store, has all the OOST Books, but I think they order them themselves in some kinda bulk deal. Talk to your local dealer and convince them that theres a market for these books.

and btw if anyone is here (shameless plug alert!!!!!!!!!)

Tower of games VA Beach, Virginia has a plethora, yes I said plethora of the books.

If i broke any rules in that shameless plug for a fledeling business then I apologize, but god dang do those guys need a customer besides me.

ref
2007-11-21, 08:41 PM
Eh? Surely if the pound is strong, that makes it cheaper...? It was $1.45 to the pound about five or six years ago I seem to remember.

Yep. Now it's $1.45... to the Euro.