PDA

View Full Version : Elder god type creatures

captainstan
2019-01-14, 02:33 PM
I swear I saw this in a 3.5 book but I may be remembering things wrong. Anyway if I remember correctly there were some descriptions of creatures that were either the size or larger of planets. People worshipped them and they had aspects I believe. Again I could be wrong but does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so could you point me in a direction to find them?

ColorBlindNinja
2019-01-14, 02:36 PM
Are you thinking of the Elder Evils?

Ruethgar
2019-01-14, 03:16 PM
Elder Evils are worshiped for bonus Vile feats, often DCS away on these forms. One of the Evils is a dead god fetus the size of a moon. A Leviathan is on every prime material plane. If one were on Earth, to put it in perspective, it would probably be the ring of fire, encircling the Pacific ocean. The Mother of Monsters as I recall is the size of an apocalyptic asteroid and chunks of her fall down before the main body and reek havoc. There were others from the book Elder Evils, but I can't remember them off hand.

I did make Dendar, the Night Serpent once. Its listed as an elder evil on some wiki, probably for 4E, literally eats fear. Made him A Gargantuan Dark Yuanti Blessed Constrictor that managed to get three stacking fear auras that bypassed immunity, plus a fourth situational fear aura. Could heal from people being afraid. Also hide skill and abilities high enough to be equal to invisible despite its size. Could also basically phantasmal killer an entire village with 10 min cast time.

If you wan't more Lovecraftian and Warcraft style Old Gods, you want the Far Realm, but I'm unfamiliar with content for that other than the Pseudonatural creature template.

ColorBlindNinja
2019-01-14, 03:19 PM
It's possible the OP is thinking of something from Spelljammer.

Khedrac
2019-01-14, 04:00 PM
This also sounds like Megaliths from the D&D gold-box set (of what is usually referred to as "classic D&D"). They weren't usually worshipped, but their power equated with the Immortals which were the gods of the setting.

There is also a faint possibility of it being Draeden - originally from the same book and not that big, but in 3rd ed cosmolgy one of them is an entire layer of the Abyss (it got trapped when the Abyss formed) so they have had a size boost...

captainstan
2019-01-14, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the replies folks. Elder Evils was what I was thinking about.