PDA

View Full Version : TV Gotham season 5

random11
2019-01-15, 11:21 AM
Do comic shows and movies have a fetish to the idea of "no man's land"?

If you want to create a TV show about Fallout or Borderlands, just do it.
But if you want to combine it into Gotham, at least provide a reasonable excuse to why the government didn't do squat for 3 full months.
To make things worse, it was a question I could have ignored if it wasn't mentioned by the characters every 20 minutes or so.

Other than that, all the factions with the exception of the ones who followed Jeremiah, have all the reasons in the world to try and calm things down so they can be connected back to the mainland.

Oh, and one more idiotic things that I just can't ignore:
When the Scarecrow asks you if you really want to waste a bullet on him, the correct answer is to shoot him and say "yes!", not to replace your gun with a crowbar.

Ranxerox
2019-01-15, 09:56 PM
Batman: No Man's Land (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_No_Man%27s_Land) was a big crossover event that happened back in 1999, and was extremely popular. So, the decision to pay homage to it in Gotham must have been an obvious one.

No, from a real world perspective it doesn't make any sense. The US would just declare local martial law on a city and move in the army, long before it would quarantine off and abandon even a small town much less a major center of finance and industry.

However, while a good story could be (and probably already has been) written about Gotham under martial law, that story is not going to be as delicious as letting Gotham go completely over the edge into it's own particular insanity.

The story would be better if they showed what was happening in the outside world, so as to make decision to quarantine Gotham make more sense. Maybe, they could show Lex Luthor as president and let us know that he has ulterior reasons for wanting to cut off Gotham.

Still, this is the last season Gotham and it is only a half season at that, so I understand them not choosing to expand the show outside of Gotham at this late point in the game. I've really enjoyed the series and am grateful that it has made it this far. Renewal from one season to the next has never seemed to be a given, so it having maintained the level of quality that it has and having told pretty much the entire arc they set out to tell at the beginning is impressive. It has just about completed what it originally set out to do in showing the lead up to Batman.

Congratulations, Gotham.

John Campbell
2019-01-17, 01:15 PM
Do comic shows and movies have a fetish to the idea of "no man's land"?

If you want to create a TV show about Fallout or Borderlands, just do it.
But if you want to combine it into Gotham, at least provide a reasonable excuse to why the government didn't do squat for 3 full months.
To make things worse, it was a question I could have ignored if it wasn't mentioned by the characters every 20 minutes or so.

Other than that, all the factions with the exception of the ones who followed Jeremiah, have all the reasons in the world to try and calm things down so they can be connected back to the mainland.

If you want a show where the plot makes sense, why are you still watching Gotham? I mean, this is the show where hitting tween girls with life-draining powers makes them go through puberty so that they can be replaced with hot adult actresses (but the character is still like 12 mentally and emotionally, and that's not creepy at all).

I find that it's more watchable if you pretend that Morena Baccarin is playing the same character as in Deadpool, and imagine that Wade is about to pop in and do horrible, hilarious things to everybody for messing with his woman.

Oh, and one more idiotic things that I just can't ignore:
When the Scarecrow asks you if you really want to waste a bullet on him, the correct answer is to shoot him and say "yes!", not to replace your gun with a crowbar.

Gotham has always had a ridiculous amount of, "Just shoot him already. Why are you not shooting him now?" where the only possible answer is, "Because this character needs to survive until after Bruce puts little ears on his costume."

Gordon has a particularly bad habit of striding out of cover to stand dramatically in front of people pointing guns at him because he knows his plot armor is completely impervious to bullets.