PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Eldritch Theurge

FauLen
2019-01-15, 02:10 PM
For reasons of: I thought it would be great; I did an Eldritch Theurge. I already had 5 levels on Sorcerer and a really nice roll for my abilities so i just choose to take 5 levels on warlock and 10 on eldritch theurge. That leveling up happend on a time skip, after we changed our character and played another campaing in the same world. So now I have some money to expend and a lot of feats and spells to chose. My objetive is to build a damage dealer with some debuffs and major coolness xD

INB4: I've choosen my invocation list.

- Lesser -
-> Baleful Utterance
-> Dark One's Own Luck
-> Eldritch Spear

- Least -
-> Eldritch Chain
-> Flee the Scene
-> Walk Unseen

- Greater -
-> Vitriolic Blast
-> Chilling Tentacles
-> Nightmares made real

PS.: I'm not looking for an entire build, just some suggestions to improve my poor build haha

Troacctid
2019-01-15, 03:04 PM
You have a 15/15 caster level split. It would make more sense to go 16/14 to get dark invocations or 8th level spells (depending on which is the 16). Right now you have neither. I would personally be inclined towards the 8th level spells, as there are some really strong ones like Greater Arcane Fusion, Mind Blank, and Polymorph Any Object.

You don't need Nightmares Made Real if you already have Chilling Tentacles. Noxious Blast would be a better pick; it's quite brutal, especially for a build with high Cha.

For feats, I'd start with Practiced Spellcaster twice. Since you can take 10 on Use Magic Device, you might also consider Channel Charge (Lost Empires of Faerun), which allows you to spend spell slots instead of wand charges, effectively turning wands into discount knowstones. Then you can buy a bunch of wands and enjoy having lots of spells. Another feat I happen to like is Minor Shapeshift, which gives a really nice chunk of temp HP that you can refresh at will as a swift action. The feats section of my Warlockopedia (linked in my signature) has some others that might be of interest as well.

Some must-have spells off the top of my head in no particular order include Familiar Pocket (1st), Arcane Spellsurge (7th), Polymorph (4th), Wings of Cover (2nd), Wings of Flurry (4th), and Mass Suggestion (6th). You'll also need at least one good touch spell to use with Greatreach Blast, but I can't think of one right now.

For items, one that you will definitely want is the Rod of Magical Precision from Complete Mage (12,000 gp). It will keep you from flubbing your Spellblasts. With 20th level WBL, I'd also be eyeing the Greater Vestments of Power from Magic of Faerun (200,000 gp), which is busted good (and also lets you pick something else instead of Flee the Scene). After that, check out the items spreadsheet in my Warlockopedia for a fairly comprehensive list of good items for warlocks. (Stuff that's good for spellcasters but not warlocks, like metamagic rods, is not included, however.)

Falontani
2019-01-15, 06:04 PM
Troacctid is correct in most of that, if your not wanting 8ths NOR dark invocations however, drop a single sorcerer level, and grab a spellthief level. Take master spellthief. All your arcane caster levels stack for your arcane caster level. Putting you in one of two places: cl 20, or cl 30. Also if you can push your sneak attack through equipment higher you can benefit from steal spell for some fun shenanigans.

Touch spells of high level that you might enjoy: Emerald Flame Fist and Scalding Touch