PDA

View Full Version : 3rd level Druid, magic items?

J-H
2019-01-15, 08:19 PM
Just got my PHB...and it doesn't contain magic items. I am still new to 5e. Apparently they're in the DMG.

I've got a 3rd level druid built for a one-shot this weekend.

Land druid, arctic, stats as you'd expect, focused primarily around spellcasting. Without a Monster Manual or other reference, shapeshifting won't see much use, and this is only my 2nd 5e game so I'm keeping it simple.

At WBL (I think 300gp?), what magic item(s) can I reasonably expect to have, if any?
If there are choices, my preference is for extra spell slots, better spells, more spells available to cast in the day, or better defenses, roughly in that order.

JNAProductions
2019-01-15, 08:29 PM
With 300 GP? None.

KorvinStarmast
2019-01-15, 08:30 PM
At WBL (I think 300gp?), . Wrong edition. There is no WBL in 5e.

Have you asked the DM if you can have a magic item? If so, what was the answer? You are not giving us much to work with here. Did the DM say "pick one uncommon magic item" or "pick one common magic item" before you posted this question?

PS: the phb contains a magic item, the healing potion. It's on the equipment table. Page 150. Costs 50 gp each and heals 2d4 +2.

Holy Water costs 25 gp for one flask. (Whether that is or isn't a magic item is open to question). Same page, same table

J-H
2019-01-15, 10:41 PM
It's a one-shot, not sure who's running it.

I see I was misremembering the wealth chart here:
https://www.5esrd.com/character-creation-outline/

I start with nothing by this, but may be able to go ahead and pick out a few mundane items I suspect.

Stygofthedump
2019-01-15, 10:42 PM
Yup the correct answer is none at LV 3

JNAProductions
2019-01-15, 10:43 PM
It's a one-shot, not sure who's running it.

I see I was misremembering the wealth chart here:
https://www.5esrd.com/character-creation-outline/

I start with nothing. Woo.

You still get your usual starting gear, from class and background, unless the DM says otherwise.

J-H
2019-01-15, 11:47 PM
Unless my DEX is high enough to offset it, then, I guess I'll just try to swap leather armor out for Hide.