PDA

View Full Version : Binder/Cleric Gestalt

Skjaldbakka
2007-09-24, 10:38 AM
I am wanting to run an encounter for two gestalt level 7 characters, that involves a gestalt cleric/binder and a group of undead (probably ghouls).

I want the cleric/binder to mostly use binder stuff, while having cleric buff spells and the ability to bolster his undead minions against the party cleric's high charisma cleric.

I am currently looking at a level 6 binder/cleric gestalt and 6 ghouls wearng fullplate and wielding glaives. Do you think that would be a reasonable 'boss fight' for a level 7 cleric/fighter gestalt and a level 7 sorcerer/monk gestalt?

Also, is there a 'quicken turning' feat or some such? Is it viable for a level 6 character? I would like for the cleric to be able to bolster the undead while still whipping out binder abilities on the party.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kaelik
2007-09-24, 12:23 PM
A) Quicken Turning. Can be taken at level one.

B) Um? Try level 8 Minimum. Probably more like 10.

Douglas
2007-09-24, 12:37 PM
Quicken Turning is from Complete Divine.

Even with full plate and glaives, the ghouls just don't have enough hit points and attack bonus to contribute much to the fight. Either replace them with more powerful undead (preferably with a good explanation for how the cleric can control them all) or raise the cleric's level. Or both.

Indon
2007-09-24, 02:32 PM
Either replace them with more powerful undead (preferably with a good explanation for how the cleric can control them all) or raise the cleric's level. Or both.

Animate Dead gives an evil Cleric an additional source of controlled undead from their Rebuke/Command ability.

Use 12 Ghouls. :D