PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Pop Culture Character Challenge

batemana02
2019-01-18, 01:46 PM
I was recently challenged to make Kronk in D&D 5e. My friends and I have speculated and have come up with several different possibilities. I'm curious to know how you guys would go about it or other characters. Personally, I think he would be a Variant Ranger of the Beast conclave. He has the squirrel as his animal companion, we see that he isnt slowed by rough terrain because of how he managed to beat Kuzco to the palace, and the level 10 feature Hide in Plain Sight gives those attempting to spot him a -10 to their perception roll if he stands completly still for the round. sound familiar? Curious to see what you guys come up with.

Wildarm
2019-01-18, 02:28 PM
V Human - Magic Initiate - Wizard - Would give you a squirrel familiar which would work

Class - Ranger might be OK but I think a Champion Fighter would work just fine. Remarkable Athlete would key into many things he does.

Cook’s utensil proficiency would be a must!

Aett_Thorn
2019-01-18, 05:03 PM
Well, he doesn’t just have a single squirrel companion. He actually can converse with all squirrels. So that means either Forest Gnome or a Shepherd Druid. Since you want to be a rather large man, that seems to mean at least a few levels of Shepherd Druid. This would also get you Pass Without Trace, and Animal Friendship.

After that, I would say go Fighter or Barbarian. Go higher Wis, very low Int, high Str and Con, and the capability to confuse poison with Essence of Llama.

AvvyR
2019-01-18, 05:39 PM
Firbolg is perfect, being large and able to talk to small animals, if you want to consider non-human races

KorvinStarmast
2019-01-18, 05:40 PM
I was recently challenged to make Kronk in D&D 5e.
Goliath
Ranger (Strength based) so probably hunter.
Pick spells that allow talking to animals
Ensure that the animal handling skill is taken
Proficiency with tools: cooking utensils

Enjoy

Alternatively: Goliath Shephard druid

BlackRose
2019-01-18, 06:42 PM
I second the firbolg, 10/10

He can talk to animals with his trait, he has hidden step for when he needs to press himself against a wall in broad daylight and avoid detection, and his disguise self ability works excellently when he's posing as a cook in someone else's kitchen. His detect magic feature even let's him subconsciously notice those coming from certain "schools"

Unoriginal
2019-01-18, 07:12 PM
Thug NPC with a conscience.

Maybe a Scout NPC with boosted STR and CON.