PDA

View Full Version : Epic Level Binders

Yogibear41
2019-01-18, 04:03 PM
Has anyone ever played an Epic level binder (using the epic level vestiges from the online article)

What were your experiences? How did you fair compared to epic level spellcasters?

zfs
2019-01-18, 04:35 PM
Eventually you can just dump a sphere of annihilation on somebody, which is a neat trick. Otherwise they give you some nice things to have but nothing that's really on the level of Tier 1 casters, and I'm not talking Epic Spells, I just mean 7th through 9th level stuff.

If you take Epic Rapid Recovery with Amun-her Khepeshef, Heal + Greater Restoration every 3 rounds is nice to have, but it takes a standard action. At Epic levels it feels like something you should be able to pull off as a swift.

The vestige Gaia has the Earth's Voice ability which gives you some pretty great diplomancy - everything that can hear you needs to make a Will save or be considered friendly. Pair with an Epic Bard to push them to Fanatic.

CactusAir
2019-01-19, 09:25 PM
The fact that one of those vestiges is very obviously the Pharoh that Moses wrecked will never cease to amuse me.

The quickened magic missile honestly seems underwhelming to me, but probably because latter era splatbooks errata'ed quickened to Swift rather than free and gave you plenty of other things to do with swift.

Consider allowing that ability to be used free 1/round or allowing the Binder to take Multispell to enable that.