PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Dwarven Beastmaster

Blackhawk748
2019-01-19, 11:10 AM
Hey everyone, I'm making a character for a game that starts at level 10. The optimization level isn't super high, but we do need to be competent. I've been on a Chariot kick so I decided to make a character who uses one. This led me to going with Beastmaster because a chariot takes two animals to pull and now I'm not sure where to go. I think I'll go to Beastmaster 9 and then jump ship on it, but I'm lost as to where I should go after.

Forbarek Talek
Stone Dwarf Chariot Fighter 4/Spirit Lion totem Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1/Beastmaster 5
Str: 15, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 15
Feats: Chariot Combat, Chariot Overrun, Chariot Sideswipe, Skill Focus (Handle Animal), Natural Bond, Extra Rage.
Features: Pounce, Whirling Frenzy, Quick Turn, Quick Spur, Steady Hand, Animal Companion, Animal Companion (-3) (both Terror Birds)

The "Chariot Fighter" is actually just the Horseman Fighter variant switched to Chariots.

Falontani
2019-01-19, 12:07 PM
Beast heart adept from dungeonscape could be interesting.

WhamBamSam
2019-01-19, 01:14 PM
You actually can't Pounce while riding a Chariot, as the text states that it generally uses the rules for mounted combat.

You can get into Beastmaster a level early with Primary Contact if you can get a non-specified bonus feat at 4th level. Going X 3/Marshal 1 with Skill Focus (Diplomacy) early might be worth considering, especially as you probably want to crank Handle Animal checks. This also potentially applies to Falontali's Beast Heart Adept suggestion.

Blackhawk748
2019-01-19, 04:04 PM
You actually can't Pounce while riding a Chariot, as the text states that it generally uses the rules for mounted combat.

You can get into Beastmaster a level early with Primary Contact if you can get a non-specified bonus feat at 4th level. Going X 3/Marshal 1 with Skill Focus (Diplomacy) early might be worth considering, especially as you probably want to crank Handle Animal checks. This also potentially applies to Falontali's Beast Heart Adept suggestion.

I know I can't, its for when I cant ride my chariot as an easy backup plan. Im using the KoK Stone Dwarves, who get TWF when wearing Light or no Armor, so I can actually take advantage of it.

Beastheart Adept is certainly something to look at

PrismCat21
2019-01-20, 02:31 AM
You may be able to get away with only have one animal pull the chariot if it's strong/big enough.
To stick with the Terror Bird, you can give it Natural Heavyweight from Planar Handbook. It doubles the carrying capacity of a creature. The equivalent of two Terror Birds for the price of one. :)