PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Shapeshifting HD's & "caster level"

ChainBelt
2019-01-19, 01:09 PM
Hi,

So I'm making a Naruto style jinchuuriki with a dragon as the tailed beast. I'm using the Dragon Shen's Hybrid form as the basic chakra cloak. It also lets me get a level in Shapeshifter for the wild shape which I team up with the Draconic Wild Shape feat to become a medium dragon as my midway form. I'm then going Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries so the Dragon Form ability will let me attain full beast mode, a huge dragon by Lv20 (estimated end of campaign).

Now the question is: Is any of that possible given the HD can't be more than caster level condition associated with wild shape and Dragon Form? If not, can anyone suggest a way to make that vision a reality?

I'm hoping I'm missing something about caster levels since the Initiate is supposed to be able to become a huge dragon but I don't think any huge dragons will have only the 10HD that my caster level would be. Same with shapeshifter; I don't know how many huge things have only 7HD since they can become huge things at Lv7.

Thanks in advance

ColorBlindNinja
2019-01-20, 03:56 PM
The Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries gives you Shapechange, which as far as I can tell would have a caster level equal to your hit dice.

You should have no problem turning into a dragon with that.

Wild Shape will be more problematic if you only have one level in Shifter.