PDA

View Full Version : Oracle gestalt tips

Marywn
2019-01-20, 11:54 PM
What would work good for a gestalt for oracle in pathfinder?

Boggartbae
2019-01-21, 12:11 AM
Anti-paladin is good.

Geddy2112
2019-01-21, 12:12 AM
Anything that is charisma based, or at least something that does not dump charisma. Classes that dump wisdom, or don't need it as a primary.

Swashbuckler is good for a more martial oracle, but paladin is probably the best for martial ability and being a healing guru, see the "Oradin" build.

Bard is another good option, particularly for lore oracles to be a know it all buffing face machine.

Thunder999
2019-01-21, 01:43 AM
Paladin or antipaladin (depending on alignment) can work very well, cha to saves on top of a solid combat chassis.

Even better if you do the cha to as many things as possible build, where you take one of the revelations to replace dex with cha on your AC and reflex saves and the noble scion feat to swap dex for cha for initiative, then you pump your charisma super high. You can even get cha to hit and damage if you worship Desna.

There's also the fact that it lets you do the oradin healer thing (life mystery for life link and lay on hands from paladin let you effectively heal everyone as a swift action).

If you don't feel like going (anti)paladin then most full BAB classes work ok in gestalt (they provide the higher BAB and hitdice, maybe even an extra good save), anything with charisma synergy is a good choice.

You probably don't want to bother with other casters, you still only have 1 standard action each round and both would want it.

Coventry
2019-01-21, 09:33 PM
Even better if you do the cha to as many things as possible build, where you take one of the revelations to replace dex with cha on your AC and reflex saves and the noble scion feat to swap dex for cha for initiative, then you pump your charisma super high. You can even get cha to hit and damage if you worship Desna.

Interesting. What about this? Halfling Oracle 20//Medium 6+Fighter 14, Chaotic Good, Worships Desna

Maintains 14 CON and 12 Strength (to maintain light encumbrance), as much as reasonable into CHA. Say, a 25 point buy of STR: 14-2=12, DEX13+2=15, CON 14, INT 12, WIS 10, CHA 16+2=18, ability increases to CHA.

Theoretical Build at level 10:

Oracle: Battle Mystery, leading to Nature's Whispers, Weapon Mastery (Starknife, grants weapon focus, improved critical), Surprising Charge
Medium: Champion Spirit (maybe with Eschew Poison as a Taboo), Use halfling alternate class bonus

Alternate Racial: Fleet

Feats: Noble Scion (War), Divine Fighting Technique (Desna's Shooting Star), Risky Striker, Weapon Finesse, Spirit Focus (Champion), Two-Weapon Fighting, Piranha Strike, Weapon Specialization (Starknife)

+2 Starknife, +1 Adamantine Starknife, +1 Nimble Spirit Bonded Chain Coat, Ring of Protection +1, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Cloak of Resistance +1, Headband of Charisma +2.

He's a buzz-saw against any Large (or larger) creature, having the option to move 30' as an immediate action 2/day, letting him get in range of his 5 attacks at +17/+17/+12 (main hand, d3+30, crit 19-20/x3), +16/+16 (off hand (d3+23, crit 19-20/x3) when both risky striker and piranha strike are in use.

That doesn't count Divine Favor or Divine Power (which he can cast starting at level 8). Or better yet, Haste, which explicitly stacks with the extra attacks the Medium gets at level 6.

Darn it. Now I want to play that design ...

Marywn
2019-01-21, 10:14 PM
I would like to try bloodrager, but I highly doubt that effectiveness. Eh, im relatively new to pathfinder so i could be way wrong.

Florian
2019-01-22, 03:02 AM
I would like to try bloodrager, but I highly doubt that effectiveness. Eh, im relatively new to pathfinder so i could be way wrong.

Basically, any class with Rage (Barbarian, Bloodrager and Skald) has the marked downside to instantly shut down spellcasting and using a lot of other abilities, like most active revelations. That makes them less then optimal as part of a Gestalt.