PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Vale Gerhart Ostermeier, l1 - l8.

Finback
2019-01-22, 01:21 AM
Had my first PC die last night*, and it was such a brief thing. I had had to miss the prior game of CoS, where they fought Baba Lysaga's hut, but we were informed that we had levelled up - yay! I got to reach my third level of warlock (a vengadin 5, celestlock3 now), and chose the pact of the blade. I was really excited for the game, and then while on patrol as the party took a rest, we were attacked by a catoblepas - failed my save, and instadeath - 90hp to the face. And so ended the adventures of an angry, angry man who wanted justice for the death of his wife, and for the power lust of nobles who send farmers like him off to war.

flip side, I now get to run my warforged brute (which has a neat "reveal" - he appears at first as a simple skeletal-looking base model, who can't speak and does nothing but respond to simple directives). Our artificier is thrilled, but the party is wary because we just got to a town, to find baStrahd laughing.

So vale, Gerhart, you were a fun character to play, perhaps the most serious and grim in a wacky, weird group, but we had some amazing times.

* I've played in bursts since 1991, but campaigns would fizzle, so technically, none of those PCs died.