PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Grappling Illithid

maxion
2019-01-22, 04:09 AM
Hello everyone,
I have an idea of creating a grappling illithing, eating brains. My build so far looks like this:

Illithid // Barbarian 3 / Totemist 2 / Black Blood Cultist 1 / Totem Rager X / Black Blood Cultist +X

City Brawler from DrMag349 gives Improved Unarmed Strike and Serpent Totem gives Improved grapple
Then I just need Cobalt Rage and Track to meet PrCs prereqs.

What other feats would you suggest? What soulmelds? Would you somehow change classes (I'd like to stick to them as much as possible, but slight change is ok)

JoeJ
2019-01-22, 04:17 AM
Is this for some version of D&D?

Koo Rehtorb
2019-01-22, 06:12 AM
exhibit A for why d&d is an unplayable mess

Eldan
2019-01-22, 06:15 AM
exhibit A for why d&d is an unplayable mess

Hey now, it's a playable utter mess that's a lot of fun to tinker with. :smallwink:

I don't think there's anything to complain about. In case you ever get there, what did you think about adding on the Illithid side? Psion levels?

maxion
2019-01-22, 08:44 AM
Illithid there is more fluff than anything else. Can eat brains after successful maintain grapple, c'mon, that's cool. :D

Eldan
2019-01-22, 09:15 AM
Sure, but this is a gestalt build, yes? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Falontani
2019-01-22, 11:42 AM
Have you looked into Illithid Body Tamer? It boosts damage and reach of tentacles. Since all illithids were once human, grab human heritage + aberrant blood + inhuman reach to boost reach of tentacles again. Try the feat extended reach on for another 5 ft. You have a 20 ft reach? The spell extend tentacle can help push that even further! Need feats? Since your human go ahead and take 2 levels of human paragon if you want. Or if you somehow already qualify, 2 levels of chameleon.

But seriously, illithid body tamer grants bonuses to reach damage, and grants you improved trip, so you can build a lockdown illithid. And you should get more tentacles where you can, like the illithid grafts, because extract brain just requires you to have 4 tentacles grappling the same target at the beginning of the round, it doesn't care which tentacles.

maxion
2019-01-24, 03:01 PM
Wow, I didnt know that class, thanks a lot, I'll try to fit it somehow between all other classes :D