PDA

View Full Version : Wish to create/improved Magic Items

Yogibear41
2019-01-22, 07:37 PM
When using the create/improve magic items portion of wish, what is the GP limit of each wish? Wish Specifically says its can create a non-magical item worth 25,000 gp, but lists no GP limit on creating a magic items. Should it be set to 25,000 gp per wish like the non-magic items created. Was there ever any errata on this?

ColorBlindNinja
2019-01-22, 07:40 PM
RAW, there is no GP limit to what magic items you can Wish for, but you must spend additional XP to do so.

flappeercraft
2019-01-22, 08:14 PM
When using the create/improve magic items portion of wish, what is the GP limit of each wish? Wish Specifically says its can create a non-magical item worth 25,000 gp, but lists no GP limit on creating a magic items. Should it be set to 25,000 gp per wish like the non-magic items created. Was there ever any errata on this?

The limit is the XP you can use for a spell. However that can be circumvented via supernatural spell or other methods, although that's plain TO.

Yogibear41
2019-01-22, 08:27 PM
Was working on a possible build using 3rd party material, that would give my anti-paladin character Wish 1/year as a SLA at level 18. I guess its as broken as I want to make it. Still pretty tame compared to a normal wizard or cleric probably, but I guess it would give me a "Big Gun" in case of emergency if faced with high level tier 1 classes as opponents.

ColorBlindNinja
2019-01-22, 08:30 PM
Was working on a possible build using 3rd party material, that would give my anti-paladin character Wish 1/year as a SLA at level 18. I guess its as broken as I want to make it. Still pretty tame compared to a normal wizard or cleric probably, but I guess it would give me a "Big Gun" in case of emergency if faced with high level tier 1 classes as opponents.

I would double check with your DM that he/she is okay with you using a free Wish at all.

Some DMs get super peeved when their players try to do stuff like that and intentionally pervert your wish.

Cosi
2019-01-22, 08:42 PM
There was a 15k GP limit in 3.0, but it was removed in the transition to 3.5. This means that it is entirely reasonable to describe using SLA wish to make arbitrarily powerful magic items as RAI, because the designers explicitly changed things so that it was possible. More seriously, instituting that cap is generally a good fix for wish, and has positive knock-on effects WRT magic items (look up The Wish Economy for more details, too lazy to find a link right now).