PDA

View Full Version : Complex Combat [Feat]

Orzel
2007-09-24, 07:32 PM
Just because you're big, and strong, and can magically see where my attacks are coming from before I even swing, and have bear arms, and spit lightning; doesn't mean you can fight better than me.

Complex Combat [General]

Prerequisites: Int 13, Combat Expertise, base attack bonus +6.

Benefit

Choose one opponent within reach and make a Intelligence check opposed by a Wisdom check by your target. You may add your base attack bonus to your check and your target may do the same with his base attack bonus. If you win the check, the next melee attack you make against the target gains a bonus to damage rolls equal to your base attack bonus and the target becomes exhausted for 1 round if the attack causes damage. This attack must be made on or before your next turn. Using this feat is a move action.

Special

A fighter may select Complex Combat as one of his fighter bonus feats.

A ranger may add his favored enemy bonus to his Intelligence check when using this feat against a favored enemy.

A barbarian gains a +4 bonus to his Intelligence check when using this feat while in a rage

If you are wielding a weapon you have Weapon Focus for, you gain a +2 bonus to both the Intelligence and Wisdom check for this feat. The bonus increases to +4 if you have Greater Weapon Focus.

Karsh
2007-09-24, 08:08 PM
How does this work?

If you're smarter than your opponent is perceptive, you exhaust them?

Orzel
2007-09-24, 08:23 PM
By using complex swings, jumps, and parries; you make the very act of defending against your attacks exhausting. You set your opponent up so when you really attack him, it hurts. It's like doing one of those near unblockable relentless attack chains in a video game then chucking in the big slow power attack when your friend's fingers are sore. If your target can't efficiently defend himself and move with your "attacks", he might get hit hard.